morristown east vs. greenville

eastTNftball

I feel this game is going to be great no matter if Greenway plays or not. Both teams are very good and will represent Region 2 well in the playoffs. Teams are very similar on defense but I feel East may have a better offense. Greenville is a one dimensional team with most of their threats coming from the running game. East is a two headed monster with Francisco and Palazzola in the backfield. If Greenville decides to put 8 or 9 people in the box then East will throw the football to Simpson, Delapp, and Penland. I do not think Greenville's corners can cover any of these guys man to man. If Greenville decides to play alot of zone and only put 7 men in the box then Francisco will have a field day running the football. He already has about 1150 yards this year and is looking to break the all-time single season record for yards. Going to be a great game and I hope East has more fans at the game then they did on Friday against Volunteer.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard earlier in the week that Greenway would miss the rest of the season. Today, though, the Greeneville newspaper stated that it was possible that Greenway would play tomorrow night.

Regardless, Good luck East! Hope you win out. It will be great to have both Morristown teams on top of Region 2!

Morristown%20West.gif

Roll Trojans!

Unless things go really haywire, it looks as if Greeneville will get the # 2 seed in the IMAC. They are leading East 38-12 with 7:39 to goi in the game. And guess what, they are doing this on the road (without Greeneville officials) and with a starting quarterback that only had taken 3 snaps in a varsity game before tonight. Great job Coach Zeller and all of the guys.

Congratulations to the Greene Devils for the win over East. It looked as though the new choice for QB took the East defense completely by surprise at the start of the game and they could never adjust. East's offense was also on its heels for much of the game due to the pressure placed on Palazzola. A lot of penalties in this game as well on both teams.

For the playoffs, Greeneville will go into the upper bracket that will include the #1 seed from region 1 (probably Elizabethton). East will play in the lower bracket as will West.

Good luck to both East and Greeneville in the playoffs.

Morristown%20West.gif

This surprised me a little...Greeneville really rallied the troops and East looked like they hadn't been in a big game before...and they haven't been recently.

Also looked like East was easily baited into some personal foul penalties. I thought that East would come out the winner, but I guess that's why they don't rely on my thoughts to play the games.

I think it was a great move by Greenville's coach to put Lollar at QB, and run 4 wide outs very wide to open up the middle of the field for him to run. He is one quick little devil, that's Green Devil, and it seemed to catch us by surprise defensively. You can't tackle what you can't catch. He didn't pass much and his passes had more hang time than most punts, but but his receivers did a great job of adjusting to the ball and outjumping the Cane DB's.

The Canes did not react very well to adversity, much like the West game when the Trojans returned the second half kickoff and it seemed to take the wind out of our sails. On Greenvilles first TD the only East player with an opportunity to make the tackle was literally tackled from behind right in front of the East sideline, but no call. On the Canes next possession Palazzola runs the option and is gone for an apparent 65 yard TD run that would have tied the game and given the momentum back to the Canes but alas the old holding penalty that was thrown at midfield after Palazzola was around the 20 yard line and clear sailing. I haven't seen the film but regardless the call was way behind the play and if it was a hold was it was a silly one that shifted the momentum back to the Green Devils. This has happened so many times this year we must be holding but it always seems to be 30 yards behind the play and have no bearing on the play. I thought it was funny on the East side when Francisco ran the 80 yard TD that everybody was looking back down the field for the yellow hankie before cheering.

Regardless, when things don't go your way you have to learn to bow your neck and play harder. Greenville has a very good, very fast team, and their game against the Canes only makes you understand just how good M-West is to have thrashed the Devils the way they did.

The Canes got one more game at Crockett and then the playoffs for the first time in years. They have a very good chance to be 7-3, and after winning only 5 games in the past 3 years that is a great accomplishment.

The Canes will most likely have to find their version of Lollar at QB as Palazzola sprained his ankle in the first quarter, tried to continue playing on it and left the game in the third quarter after really doing a number on it. I'm not a doctor, but have seen my fair share of ankle sprains and he may have taken his last snap at QB for the Canes.

Good luck to the Chiefs, Green Devils, Trojans, and Canes in the playoffs I'm sure they will represent the IMAC well.

Edited by Big Daddy

The Canes got one more game at Crockett and then the playoffs for the first time in years. They have a very good chance to be 7-3, and after winning only 5 games in the past 3 years that is a great accomplishment.

I agree. It's good to see East's program back on the plus side of the ledger. I know some Canes fans are disappointed with last night's loss but there are definitely better days ahead for East.

Morristown%20West.gif

East played alright before the game got out of reach. Coach Smith if you read this message board, you've done one heck of a job but we have got to our players disciplined. Every time we get a big play we look for the flag before we cheer. We get silly personal foul and holding penalties all time. And to any band people or anyone who knows of the incident involving an East student stealing the feather things from the colorguard, he got caught obviously and shall be taken care of. He represented our school very poorly.