Maryville streak lives!

mhs

First of all redrage I hope your fishing trip today went better than your prediction on the game. And aeroadrunners your streak of futility may be as long as Maryville's winning streak. What a game! It turned in Centrals favor after Maryvilles second turnover of the second half when it looked like we were about to really take control of the game. I know a lot of Maryville people after the game were asking about why we ran so much. Cade Thompson has a really sore throwing shoulder which was obvious on the interception he threw. That is why Maryville kept it on the ground so much I think in the second half. We were basically down to one quarterback with a bum throwing shoulder. Like I said earlier in the week as did others the team who makes the fewest mistakes will win. But I forgot to mention a close game comes down to coaching also. Tonight superior coaching overcame the mistakes. Central has a good team but if they run up against anyone in the playoffs who can stop Jackson they are in trouble because he seems to be most of their offense. He is a great runner indeed. Maryville once again displayed the never say die heart of a champion. The overtimes were crazy! Never saw a running back lose twenty yards on an off tackle play before. And then we failed to capitalize. The last call by coach Quarles was brilliant. Shotgun, roll out right, mccord slips in to the other side. Never seen a guy that wide open before. Real proud of our kids. Tough week with a lot of adversity and they showed a lot of courage. Jackson made a miraculous recovery from his 103 temp two nights ago. I never believed that and still dont. I ran into some Central students at Mcdonals before the game and they said they did not know anything about. I am glad though I wanted to beat them at full speed and we did.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of the Central kicker they did not do a real good job of getting the ball to the middle of the field before the kick. He seemed to have a bad angle from the left hash mark. And it is probably eaiser to make a 50 yarder in warm ups than a game winner from twenty five yards in regulation.

I would about wager that the "flu" bug was a little bit overstated, but we may never know.

I hate that I missed the 2nd OT call...I thought it would be over in the 1st OT after Maryville drug Jackson down for a 20-yard loss after Helton and Jackson collided in the backfield.

There's a reason why Maryville has won 35 in a row...sometimes you just have to catch a few breaks and it sounded like they caught quite a few...especially the missed FG by Central's kicker with 10 seconds left.

I am sure Mccord and Jackson both were over a hundred. Jackson is the best known of the two but Mccord had the biggest run of the night with under four minutes to go. Let me say this about Cassen Jackson though. I read in the paper where he is going to Vanderbilt mainly because of the academics. I was very impressed and glad to hear that. He is obviously a very good student and in interviews I have seen with him a very well spoken mature young man. Central should be proud of him. After the game on the blitz he congratulated Maryville for its execution. Chris Mccord is a warrior, and i am glad he is on our team.

This game was absolutely amazing...The best sporting event i can say i have ever been to. To see two of the regions best teams go head to head in front of that many people. to see them fight back and forth for the whole game is just awesome. Hats off to Cassen Jackson you are a great back and Helton your a good Qb you both played with a lot of heart and being from Maryville i have to say it wasnt enough for yall. McCord broke that run for 45 yards and Chase Sanders made the Td catch and spun the DB out of his shoes. Best wishes to lineman Chris Large. and prayers and thoughts go out to Ryan Headrick and his family. we love you buddy

I would about wager that the "flu" bug was a little bit overstated, but we may never know.

I hate that I missed the 2nd OT call...I thought it would be over in the 1st OT after Maryville drug Jackson down for a 20-yard loss after Helton and Jackson collided in the backfield.

There's a reason why Maryville has won 35 in a row...sometimes you just have to catch a few breaks and it sounded like they caught quite a few...especially the missed FG by Central's kicker with 10 seconds left.

Those were breaks indeed. Central caught their share though. An interception when Maryville was driving in their territory and already ahead by a touchdown. And again when we fumbled a punt at mid field after forcing them into fourth and 29. Also since we won I feel i can say this and not be accused of sour grapes but Centrals tackle held Andrew Hodge several times but was not called for it one time. Once after he was held he still made a sack on Helton. There was also a blatant late hit on Maryvilles qb where the Central player even got up and celebrated and the ref stood and watched and kept his flag in his pocket.