Cloudland Football

sportman

Greenback played Gatlinburg Pittman last night, Final was 31 to 7. Half time score Was 7 to 0 G.P. But Greenback was in the game until the third and G.P. capitalized on some big mistakes.

Greenback has palyed several tough 2a and 3a teams, so they should be ready. Midway played Rockwood and Oliver Springs which are the #1 and # 2 seeds in Region 2 2a. The top 5 teams in Region 2 1a are not more than a touchdown apart. Cloudland has a good team, but they will definately be tested through the quarter finals.

They will probably play CAK first round, Then Midway second round, and if they make it past that , they will get the winner of the Onieda / Greenback game for the Quarter finals. So Cloudland will not have to worry about getting tested for Sp or Boyd.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback played Gatlinburg Pittman last night, Final was 31 to 7. Half time score Was 7 to 0 G.P. But Greenback was in the game until the third and G.P. capitalized on some big mistakes.

Greenback has palyed several tough 2a and 3a teams, so they should be ready. Midway played Rockwood and Oliver Springs which are the #1 and # 2 seeds in Region 2 2a. The top 5 teams in Region 2 1a are not more than a touchdown apart. Cloudland has a good team, but they will definately be tested through the quarter finals.

They will probably play CAK first round, Then Midway second round, and if they make it past that , they will get the winner of the Onieda / Greenback game for the Quarter finals. So Cloudland will not have to worry about getting tested for Sp or Boyd.

So the winner of the unaka(if we win tonight, which is probable)and midway game play the winner of the Cloudland-CAK? I was just wondering since I didn't know how it all worked.

Capp, you are right to a point. You make alot of assumptions. Cloudland will not be tested early, anybody that has seen them play knows that. Those that haven't... well, ignorance is bliss.

Ranger, there is a link to the brackets on the CoachT homepage.

I was just wondering, If Cloudland wins and Unaka wins do you think Pujo that I can call the plays from the Cloudland side line? "Punt, Punt, Punt. "No QB sneaks" Here is some good advice if that happens for Unaka. Take as many delay of game penalities as you can, maybe the refs will get tired of being there after about 500 and go home. That would be footballs version of the Bayless teepee.

It has been a while since I posted on here but here goes nothing! I want to defend Coach Lunsford and the Landers on one thing and that is their scheduling. I was once a coach at Cloudland and talked to Mike regularly about scheduling and also about basketball. I didn't coach football and I am no longer up there so this is totally an unbiased response to this topic that was started. Mike really tried to schedule anyone willing to play when I was there and no one seemed to want to take the chance playing Cloudland if they didn't have to except for Hampton. J.C. and Mike even played each other twice a year on many occasions because Mike couldn't get anyone else to play. I remember Mike staying on the phone for weeks trying to schedule tough non-conference opponents but there were usually very few takers. Cloudland can't help that their own conference is weak and the teams that Mike scheduled from Virginia are traditionally pretty tough. I will go on to say that I admire J.C. and the boys from Hampton for stepping up each year and playing even though they don't really have to. Mark, Dakota, Dane, Zach, Aaron, and all of those boys are hard workers and great kids. I know because I coached most of them myself. I hope they go all the way to Murfreesboro again. I really miss those boys, Coach Lunsford, and the community up there very much now that I am gone. Some reading this would be shocked that I am supporting Cloudland in this thread if they knew my true identity. Good luck Cloudland.

I know that it does not matter who we play as long as we play. Good luck to all. Just remember to have fun.

“Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.”

Vince Lombardi

Lady Lander for life. (#22)

Be sure and save me a seat LanderBlue. Maybe I can sit with both you and OnlineLC.

Well we have to get that far first but I plan to be there. Good to see ya dog! Having fun at all wedding functions?.. I will save plenty of room for all... That is the bad thing about being so crazy about the Landers.. I feel like I am in a panic until I am sitting right on the 50 where I belong.. So I get there about an hour and a half before the game.. So I am the official seat saver.

OnlineLC... Sounds good. I will make the reservations today.. Would you prefer spring or summer at the park? Are you shipping the boys... I mean "the package" UPS? Cause it seems here at work we get quite a few things in damaged.

Don't want one of them to come out of the boxes limping or worse. :D As an added bonus... We might be able to get you a couple of free meals at the "Snack Shack".. One of Roan Mountain's finest dining establishments. (Remember the guy you sat beside at the game?)...I'll keep you posted on the packages.. :D

Though I hope that I have my own game to go to, I do have contingency plans to come to Roan Mountain the day after thanksgiving to see you play the winner of the Boyd/SP Matchup.

My wife thinks I am crazy, but I would much rather do the long drive and see a great game and be an honorary Lander fan rather than fight the Nashville Shopping Malls.

Hey,

Can I come? Unfortunately, UT is at UK that weekend. So . . .

By the way for those who don't know, Cloudland plays whoever is man enough to schedule them. So get over it!

Edited by Bighurt

... We might be able to get you a couple of free meals at the "Snack Shack".. One of Roan Mountain's finest dining establishments.

Yea but Lawrence is going to have to start staying open later on those game nights!There is nothing worse than soggy burgers, but his are so good that we usually just let them sit in the car until after the game!