Huntingdon 60- Harpeth 12.

BrewVol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Im just going to respond to Thrillers statement...The Mustangs did have their scout team in and the scout team did score on Harpaths 1st string...and that the only reason the Mustangs ran the score was because Harpath kept their 1st string in going against the Mustangs scout defense which isnt fair at all...so I pretty much figure the coachs didnt like that so they put their 1st string in to show Harpath the score could of been worse....

It was the Huntingdon coach's intention to have every player on the team get to play in last night's game. This was being accomplished until Harpeth insisted on leaving their 1st string (?) in the game. After the game coach Mansfield apologized to the players who did not get in the game, but also said that he was not going to let anyone do to his younger players, what Harpeth was attempting. I totally agree with his decision to re-enter the starters. The true score of this game was 53 - 0. Harpeth did not deserve to have any points on their side of the scoreboard. They were completely dominated. I would hope the Harpeth coaches will learn from this, and the next time someone wants to show them Mercy,....they will accept it.

First of all I would like to say good job to 6AA because we"re the only one's left in 7AA.

West Tn., what happened or didn't happen five years ago doesn't have anything to do with the present. With you being a player, you have to stay focused on Mitchell next week, or you won't get to see Carver or Huntingdon again this year.

We played Trenton and put our freshmen and sophomores in this year and they kept their first team in and scored 28 points against us and they thought they were really doing something. Well, that was classless, but I don't expect anything other than that from coach Haney. Trenton will be much better when he steps down after this year. We had to put our starters back in just like you had to do last night.

Huntingdon, Milan got cheated in the 93' clinic bowl on two bad calls so I understand where you're coming from but that's just part of football and we deal with it and move on. These are the two premier AA programs in West Tn., year in and year out,and we both need to need to stay focused the next 2 weeks and hopefully one of us will be representing West Tn. at the boro'.

My object was not to comune a big 5 page forum on how the 98 game went with hunt/milan. nor was it for everyone to dwell on what was said about the coaches not coming out to shake hands. i will say that i dont understand why u beat someone 70-7? or 60-12? i was just wondering.....i just saw that bell had a 4th quarter touchdown of long yardage...is that not considered somewhat a show of low respect for another teams players or school?

Huntingdon and Milan's margins of victory were the same (60-12; 56-8).

hyper_guy

The Mustangs did have their scout team in and the scout team did score on Harpaths 1st string...Harpath kept their 1st string in going against the Mustangs scout defense...the coachs didnt like that

dcw

It was the Huntingdon coach's intention to have every player on the team get to play in last night's game. This was being accomplished until Harpeth insisted on leaving their 1st string (?) in the game. After the game coach Mansfield apologized to the players who did not get in the game, but also said that he was not going to let anyone do to his younger players, what Harpeth was attempting.

9yr.oldchamps (of Milan)

We played Trenton and put our freshmen and sophomores in this year and they kept their first team in...We had to put our starters back in just like you had to do last night.

so while Huntingdon is trying to get the flag, Milan throws a pass to win the game.

Or you could just blame the loss on trying to get a flag instead of playing defense. And it never comes down to a missed call. There are other things that you can look at that had just as big or bigger effect on the outcome than a missed call.