Portland @ Smith County

Govolss

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A skid mark and a gag for only $7. The same as a playoff game ticket. Not bad...considering.

You can get a P-town special....which has a purple skid mark and a hole tore out in the back for $22. About $15 for the gas down here....$7 for the ticket....Getting to see them get their butts tore up...Priceless.

Edited by bigreid

I seem to recall a lot of the same comments before we met in the final game of the regular season. Y'all have been watching different games than I have. I seem to recall #77 being ejected for hitting a player after the whistle, because he was clipped after the whistle and out of bounds.......and #22 being ejected for hitting a safety after the safety hit him after the whistle. It still holds true, the officials see the retaliatory strike, seldom the first. We have had some of the worst officiating this year that I have ever seen from TSSAA at this level. I used to officiate, so I know the rules, and we have had some sorry officials, mostly at home, but we fought some bad calls at Walker Valley last week, and will probably get more this week in Carthage. I agree our players will have to play a good game without mistakes to beat Smith County again, and in their house that will be tough to do, but I believe they can do it and will.

I seem to recall a lot of the same comments before we met in the final game of the regular season. Y'all have been watching different games than I have. I seem to recall #77 being ejected for hitting a player after the whistle, because he was clipped after the whistle and out of bounds.......and #22 being ejected for hitting a safety after the safety hit him after the whistle. It still holds true, the officials see the retaliatory strike, seldom the first. We have had some of the worst officiating this year that I have ever seen from TSSAA at this level. I used to officiate, so I know the rules, and we have had some sorry officials, mostly at home, but we fought some bad calls at Walker Valley last week, and will probably get more this week in Carthage. I agree our players will have to play a good game without mistakes to beat Smith County again, and in their house that will be tough to do, but I believe they can do it and will.

I don't think I would compain about officiating after what happened in our 1st meeting. We had numerous penalties (I lost count) and you had 2. That's not to say we didn't commit those penalties. Don't cry to US about officiating. By my count...you are due for about 20 penalties more than us on Friday. hehehe :huh:

If it had been reversed last time...what do you think the score would have been?

I would just like to add that officiating has not been the best in the world all year, but not just against us. There have been lots of bad calls and lots of missed calls for both teams in every game we've played this year. It has been terrible and I have just come to expect it.

As far as the retaliation thing goes, we'll be doing some of that but it will be clean and between the lines and whistles. If someone takes a cheap shot on us, our men are smart enough to walk away but not forget. We will play extremely hard, aggressive and physical football Friday night. Mark that down.

By the way, our defense will show up this time.

OWLS, It's time to step up and "get some" of one team that beat you this week. If all goes well you might get that shot that I know several of you are chomping at the bit over next week. All the OWL fans are for you and know you will give your best. Concentrate on the job at hand and GET IT DONE. GO OWLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!