Shelbyville

wingman10

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps talking about what Shelbyville did wrong, Like they had to do something very wrong in order to get beat. Bottom line is Jackson County and Shelbyville have two of the strongest high school girls programs anywhere. One school had to win and on this night the Lady Blue Devils out played the Eaglettes. I perdicted a Jackson County win simply because I did'nt see the big gap between the two programs like most everyone else was seeing before the game. Should be another very exciting game when they meet again later in the season. :huh:

Starting 5: Almader, Canon, Newman, Snipes, Fuller.....

They really "have" to start w/Houston at the point....she is pure speed! She is

also a playmaker. When she has the ball, you don't know if she's going to drive

to the hole or take a jumper. Her speed helps make things happen!

It is no surprise to anyone that I am not a big Shelbyville fan, having taught/coached at Lawrence County for 25+ years, but I do have respect for their program as I do for Jackson County. It does seem a little bit strange, though, to see someone telling Coach Insell who he should start, especially after only one game. Could it be that the players that were on the floor didn't have their best performance Tuesday, instead?

I would also agree with an earlier post that Jackson County won the game instead of Shelbyville losing it. Fans who have been around a long time, like some of us :), have enough respect for Tennessee girls basketball that we know there is no team that is unbeatable.

Good luck to both programs. It is early.

Since no one else will say it, I will.....Insell will not win until he starts playing his "FAB FIVE"--Newman, Fuller, Houston, Bailey and Snipes!!! It's time to stop being "politically correct" and play your best!

Just for your info, all those girls played in the game together and i know because i was there watching it, and Jackson County's plan worked, the girls didn't hit the outside shots and we shut down the inside game, give the 4 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION their due, we have played Shelbyville for the last 4 or 5 years and its been great games everytime these two teams have played. No way someone like you or me can question either of these coaches, their records and achievements speak for themselves!

It does seem a little bit strange, though, to see someone telling Coach Insell who he should start.

I certainly understand your position with your being at Lawrence County H.S., and I sure agree with this statement of yours.

I can't imagine someone trying to tell Coach Insell which players to start. He likes to win as much as anyone I know, and he should know his talent better than anyone else. He'll probably get it figured out by tournament time.

• 3 weeks later...