DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Practice has been good, everyone else is fired up. The game plan is the same whether he was playing or not. He doesn't dictate our style of play. I for one want to prove he is not the entire Dobyns-Bennett team. I have been ready for this game since about 9:45 last friday night. And we got 23 hours and 50 minutes till game time. Get 'em

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the attitude! I remember back when Scooter Houston (overturned suspension) almost did not get to play against DB. Jpats5 and others (not all Jeff Co fans,not classy ones anyway) would say well if DB wins it is because we did not have Scooter. On here, people are eager to prove that DB can and will perform just as well without Williams, we are a class program that will absorb this mild blow, and we will use this as motivation to play harder than ever before and bring back that Title!! You guys can do this!! Time for every player to step into the spotlight and show Tennessee why DB is a power!!

Edited by bud

OK. It's time to make your predictions on this game.

I see it this way...

As always, DB will more than likely give up the 1st score of the game, no need to stop now, we have been behind in almost every game this year. S-D and McMinn Co both jumped on DB in the early part of the 1st qtr...but, that is all they got. Oak Ridge is way better than those 2 teams, so, I expect more than 1 score by the Wildcats.

DB WILL RUN THE BALL WIHT SUCCESS - 150 YDS OR MORE

I also think that DB's O-Line will continue to give Duran Ferguson great pass protection. If so, Duran may complete as many passes in this game as he did in the 2nd half of the 1st meeting back in Sept. Ferguson was hardly touched in that game.

On the other hand, I think OR will be able to run the ball will great success also. McMahon is the key for OR. If he can complete some passes, because you know the Wildcats will be in those situations... then, this may become a shootout. But, DB does have 3 1st team All-Region 1 D-Backs in the lineup, and I gotta think that a couple of picks will be made by the Indians.

OR has the upperhand in the KO and FG game. Punting may be a wash. DB's kicker (Coty) has performed great in the 2nd half of the season, so the difference here will not be as wide as it was in Sept. I hope all KO's are into the EndZone. And that may go for both teams all game long.

Coaching.....DB has got that one.. Graham Clark is a genious, he proved that after being down 21-0. Crowd....Should put DB over the Top. THE NATIVES WILL BE RESTLESS IN KINGSPORT!!! Bring all you got OR.

Best of luck to all the players. I hope for a well played game and no serious injuries.

Vandalay Special

IN A CLASSIC

DB 42

OR 38

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!

ArtVandalay, You are right about one thing for sure! Your Indians have a great coach.

Oak Ridge's success has come from the outstanding players this year. These Wildcat players have won despite the coaching.

If the game comes down to coaching your Indians are in great hands.

Look for several delay of game calls when some how the play doesn't get in the huddle in time. Time management is not so good from the OR OC.

Good luck DB!

But, the Wildcat's players are going to end your season friday night.

Just wanted to wish the Indians good luck tonight. Also saw the news about Williams this morning. Tough but there was nothing else that could have done. Much respect for Coach Clark and the staff.

Wish I could be up there for this one but I have another game to be at.

.....from a '72 alumus

Morristown%20West.gif

"PLAY HARD AND WITH CLASS...BUT ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN"

Tonight's game will be a barn burner. It doesn't matter if DB has lost Williams, the important thing is Coach Clark took a stand and sent a message to his team and every other team in the state. My hat is off to Graham Clark and the DB program. It was before, there has always been nothing but respect from many football fans in Oak Ridge, but there is certainly more today.

That being said, I don't expect any less of a fight from the Indians tonight at J Fred Johnson stadium. I was not able to make the trip for the regular season contest and didn't see much of the replay tape here the next afternoon, however great teams find a way to win at times when their backs are against the wall. And I think the Indians are doubly dangerous now that they are cornered.

The teams are very evenly matched on both sides of the ball, so the contest may come down to intangibles. Turnovers, the kicking game, special teams and homefield advantage. I haven't seen DB's kickers, however Horwedel is among the best kickers in the state and OR's special teams are legitimate threats to score at any time. If Booker can remain in the game, it favors the Wildcats, however Gulmire can step back to tailback and their offense misses very little. Turnovers are crucial for both teams. OR must contain DB on the ground and not let their WRs run loose in the secondary. Not an easy task at all to do.

I think this game would certainly rate as an ESPN "Instant Classic". Good luck to the Indians and their fans. To all the other Wildcat fans, good luck, have a safe trip up to Kingsport. It will be fun to see two class programs fight it out on the field tonight.

OAK RIDGE FANS WILL BE IN FULL EFFECT TONIGHT

Ok I am so excited I am about to die. Ok First McMahon can throw the ball. He has done so in cold situations meaning run, run, run throw a thread the needle pass with success and move on. We were 3rd and a short cab ride for the first down last week against JC and McMahon converted and made it look effortless. So every high pressure aspect was there and he came through. That has happened a few times over the course of this year. If for some reason Scott has an off night the 2nd string QB is one of best soph varsity passing QB's I know of. His accuracy is awesome and I know this doesn't matter but the passes are beautiful. Ok I am getting long worded and windy as I do on almost every post. I hope some of it is intersting. If not I am sorry.

Now to the other aspects.

Special teams: have to go to OR

Def. front line: draw

Def. Linebackers: I give a slight edge to OR

Def. Secondary: I give an edge to DB

Def. ends: I am gonna give that one to OR

Off. front line: goes to DB

Off. quarterback: DB

(just because of numbers) If you don't throw as much your numbers aren't going to be as high. Although I think McMahon has a lot more yardage on the ground ( I don't have the stats in front of me, I might be wrong )

Off. WR: still goes to DB, DB. OR can and will surprise a lot of people.

Lamon Williams will be missed a lot more than DB fans want to admit, a lot more. There is no I in team but the kid was a big play maker and required double coverage. The coach did the right thing. As an OR fan I hate to play and possibly win without him in the game, not because I think DB fans will use it as an excuse. They are way to classy for that. If DB looses there will not be one single excuse made by DB fans or OR fans if we loose as far as that goes. at least the ones I hear from here on Coact T. ( with exception of an OR fan that had something to do with OR football about 12 years ago ) DB will support OR throughout the remainder of the playoffs and vice versa.

Off. tight end: OR for blocking not receiving but he has some very good hands.

Off. Running backs: It has to be OR. Cory did hurt his shoulder last week but it happened earlier in the year and didnt make any difference the next week.

OK here Goes

OR 35

DB 28

Edited by Wildmanfan