macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

You guys know from the limited posts that I have written, that I am not really one to bash another team. I am not going to start now. Smith Co. has an incredible program. If we lose this week(and I am not saying we will), then I congratulate them and support them. However, ya'll know that I would rather see Macon win. There are no bad teams left and to lose now is to still say that you had a great season. That goes to both teams. I think that this will be the match-up of the season. I hope that everyone can keep this clean and sportsman-like. There is no sense getting on here and dog-cussing someone else. We are both here to support our teams and cheer them on. I know that most of the trash-talkin is in good fun and that is where it needs to stay. I know Smith and Macon both is going to bring there A++ game this Friday. Heaven forbid if they don't. So with that said, the only thing left to say is....

1,2,3...HIT SOMEBODY!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Capn....except for that last part in those bold letters. Nobody can take away what MC has accomplished this year. As for respect the MC fans are looking for...it's written on your field. Two GREAT teams...Two GREAT coaching staffs. GREAT atmosphere for a GREAT game. The only thing left to say is....These Smith County OWLS are headed up there Friday to do something that most people never get a shot at....TO RIGHT A WRONG. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Is this a new fanman....or has he been patiently waiting for this week? I know most OWL fans have been longing for Week 13 for about 2 months now.

I've heard you already have some of this season accolades painted in plain sight. When our young men see that they are gonna like nothing more than to separate the wheat from the chaff. They wouldn't have minded hosting another week, but I know they are chomping at the bit for this one. Hope everyone has a good week, we get to see a great game, and of course ....................... The OWLS in week 14

I dont expect this to be anything else but a slobber knocker, Smith Co.has been waiting for this for weeks now and we finaly get to revenge our other defeat...Macon one down and own to go

Our line played great and Michael Wilmore is just AWESOME... Ive seen some really good backs but Michael is the best at staying on his feet than ive ever seen,PERIOD. THE KID WONT GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEFENSE PLAYED GREAT our starting Cornerback played last night that didnt play in week 10 and that was big for us defending the pass(and hes only a soph).it was a big difference when Smith has to play for something total yrds in the 1st game 380 and in the 2nd 160. way to go owls

Macon,

you better have them helmets strapped on tight cause were coming and it aint gonna be pretty for ya. When #30 lays that hit on ya its all over. we are a different team now that we know that yall aint the same ole Tigers( were coming to play this time )

Even though we won this against Peetwn we didnt play that well on offense.

My brother #4 dropped two passes that should have been TDs ( and that doesnt happen) and a ball was hiked over the punters head that resulted in a fumble and a TD for Peetwn if we fix that the score is 48-13.... I know about excuses and complaining, just letting ya know what could happen friday night after we fix those couple of prob

GOOD LUCK TIGERS AND CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR WIN

C-YA FRIDAY

MF

You guys know from the limited posts that I have written, that I am not really one to bash another team. I am not going to start now. Smith Co. has an incredible program. If we lose this week(and I am not saying we will), then I congratulate them and support them. However, ya'll know that I would rather see Macon win. There are no bad teams left and to lose now is to still say that you had a great season. That goes to both teams. I think that this will be the match-up of the season. I hope that everyone can keep this clean and sportsman-like. There is no sense getting on here and dog-cussing someone else. We are both here to support our teams and cheer them on. I know that most of the trash-talkin is in good fun and that is where it needs to stay. I know Smith and Macon both is going to bring there A++ game this Friday. Heaven forbid if they don't. So with that said, the only thing left to say is....

1,2,3...HIT SOMEBODY!!!

It's too late to talk your way out of the bashing. Many of your fans on here have bashed us ever since the 1st meeting. "The damage has already been did."

Our kids have read every word of it. I think we will come up there with a different attitude than last time. You did win the regular season championship. This one is the one that counts the most.

I as many am looking very forward to this ball game. I hope it has the same outcome as the last one. I do know that Smith will be chomping at the bits and I know it will be an even better team than what we seen in week 5, However, I do feel like we are an improved team as well. Finally beating some very good football teams has given us the confidence (not to much however) we have been looking for. I hope for a great battle with no injuries and I too will be making a trip east no matter who wins. I am a tiger fan first, then I am a region 4 fan second. Antwan, I think in an earlier post you claimed that Macon County was preseason picked at the top of the region and Smith was 5th. I thought that Macon was 4th and Smith was 5th. Correct me if I am wrong. Either way I think that it is awesome what both teams have accomplished this year. Macon County doing things that has never been done here and Smith County having the season they have had after a great deal of people were counting them out because they graduated so many starters last year. Good luck to both teams and I am proud that Region 4 will be represented in the Semi-finals. Go Tigers

P.S. For those who are complaining because we get no respect..... we get it where it counts. We do not need a Sports segment on the news or a write up in the Tennessean to get respect (Smith County fans... I am not saying that you need them either, I have great respect for the entire program). The season we have had has earned us respect and crying about it only takes away from it. So support our boys as I know we do up here and dont worry about the news reporters.

Well...here we are another week of smack & jab.... :lol:

Murphy Fair was mentioned in an earlier post....and I just wanted to mention that I listened to the High School Show on 104.5 after the game we played against Howard. Murphy mentioned Macon Co., saying they were a rising team. A team to be commended and also contended with. Pretty nice words.

As far as the Respect goes...I for one, did ask for respect for Macon Co. earlier in the year, but now I have resolved to the fact, that it doesn't matter anymore if we get it from anyone. As long, as we as Macon Countians give it to the boys, then who cares anymore about the other people who don't.

If Smith Co. prevails, this week, then I for one, will be behind them all the way hoping for a State Championship for them.

I can only hope if the shoe is on the other foot and Macon prevails, we will have the same backing.

And as any proud town, yes our town is painted blue & white. There are signs all over town, giving congrats to the Macon Co. Tigers. And please, people don't think for one minute, that we rushed to put these out before Smith Co. comes up here. Some signs have been up all season, but most came when the Tigers became the Region Champs.

And I hope you guys do fill up the vistors side..We all know how TSSAA needs that money.. :lol:

If Smith Co. prevails, this week, then I for one, will be behind them all the way hoping for a State Championship for them.

I can only hope if the shoe is on the other foot and Macon prevails, we will have the same backing.

Miss KITTY, I for one can tell you that I will be supporting which ever team wins this game Friday night. If region 4 can get a State Championship again, that would be more than enough proof to show the strength of each team in this region. I mean we all beat each other up pretty good this year. MC and SC are the remaining survivors at this time. Unfortunately, one must fall this week. The winning team will be in the final 4. Whoever it is, represent our region with dignity, respect, and of course we can't forget PRIDE!!! ( :D )

B)

(Did anybody else hear that music playing in the background? :lol: ) :lol:

one day after the second round is finished and there are already 59 posts on here make mine 60. Do ppl in Macon Co. and Smith Co. not have life. I know I have no life but I live now in Nashville. I am going to have to pick SC on this one. Like they said in the Portland/SC thread. It is tremedusly hard to beat a team twice in one season. Especially after how the first game could have gone either way. If SC doesn't make the same mistakes like they did in the first game then it won't be as close. SC had the ball 5 times inside the 10 and did not capitilize. You just can't do that. Well the winner of this one gets to travel wat east and lose. B/c the winner of this one loses to AE> Sorry, AE is just too good. Good Luck though.