Who is the greatest basketball team of all time?

MHSwarriors

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best of the best in 1A of all time

east robertson from 1987-1989. three state championships. wins by 17, 18, 19

in the finals. pretty impressive if you ask me.

goodpasture in like 1996 when they had ron mercer, sam howard, drew maddex, like a 6'10" guy inside

perry county in 1998 they had kirk haston, corey brown, and a couple of other all stars. they went 37-0. you can't argue with a unblemished record.

the best TEAM without a doubt was the Linden team that won three straight state championships prior to classification and integration.

before integration there were some great teams from black schools, especially nashville, chattanooga and memphis. since integration, there have been some very talented squads.

However, Linden with an enrollment of less than 200 and no nickname or mascot, just the great Willie Hudson as their coach, showed what a TEAM really is.

I could go into more detail, but the three state championships answers it all.

Cameron High Panthers of 1971 featuring David Vaughn .This was the second of two consecutive state championships ,I picked 1971 over 1970 because the 1971

team handily beat Louisville Male at Vanderbilt Memorial Gym when they were ranked #2 in the nation.This Cameron team was tall and had two seven footers, quick guards and tremendous outside shooters before the three point line.They were coached by Ron Lawson who was the purest outside shooter(TN) of any era.He held the freshmen record at UCLA till Jabaar broke it.

MHS Warrior, it was the 1994 Goodpasture team that featured Mercer, Maddux and Sam Howard as a freshman. Mercer was the tallest man on the squad, hardly 6'10" That team was outcoached and outplayed by BGA in the championship game. I still have the official game tape. Also,to say that the Clarksville team that had Hassell and Marion is the best ever is a complete joke. Talk about underachievers. Guys, please don't bother to put a team down as the BEST EVER if they couldn't even win the championship one time. Pearl High 1966 and Linden 1955-57. Top to bottom the best ever.

I totally agree. Some people are confusing great players with great teams! For hassell and marion to both be in the nba and as teammates not win a HS championship, show's just how good of a team they were. They were ok but not one of the all time great teams. same with goodpasture(mercer and maddox). how could they not win single A title. they were totally outcoached against BGA.

and by the way bigchief franklin only beat WC by one point(i know a loss is a loss) but that is still one loss that hurts til this day. And you are correct vaughn saw limited varsity action. he dressed but that was corey allen and brian ward's team.

i also agree that cameron had good squads in the early 70's.

what about the 1980 pearl high team.