Maryville 28 - Central 25

Rebel96

My thoughts on the Central - Maryville game....

1. Helton is a tremendous player.

2. Logan Flowers is the Maryville player of the game imo. He runs down Cassen on the first series and saves 4 points, by bustin' his tail and hustlin'. By the way, the difference in the game. Then blocks the punt.

3. Rouse played his best game as a Red Rebel.

4. McCord is just MONEY.

5. Longworth is the best defender the Bobcats have.

6. Central had a nice scheme with the wide splits. Gave us lots of problems in the first half.

7. Quarles and staff made some tremendous half-time adjustments.

8. Saw lots of emotion on the sideline from Headrick and Large. Their leadership is a tremendous boost to this TEAM.

9. Hope to see Joel make a complete recovery.

10. My favorite smoke and mirrors play continues to be the ol' double reverse pass.

One at a time. Go Rebs.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great job coming out and running the bobcats out of town in the second half. excellent job by rouse running the midline and speed options. offensive line played well except for some pass protection breakdowns in the second quarter. i wish that they would have continued to roll the pocket were they had alot of success early. i dont understand why central did not give the ball to jackson more in an i formation. the single back attack was successful early but jackson is more effective with a lead blocker. flowers made a lot of big plays as did smith. the defense played very well with the exception of a few big plays here and there but that is going to happen. overall great game to watch. central had a good team but could not win there two biggest games of the year. thirteen games in a year is not going to sale to many state championship t-shirts there billygoat. that was a pretty good state championship game though.

Great posts by STARSNBARS,qb7 and mhs.

I thought Maryville's 2nd half performance was their best half of football of the season. Jeffery Smith and Andrew Hodge are a great pair of ends.

Mapperman, Thanks for the early birthday victory cone cake. Too bad I missed coachT.

I think billygoat,gillyboat,kramer,tnstud picks Maryville games just like AERoadrunner does.

Did you Maryville fans notice William Blount students cheering on the Central Bobcats? I noticed Heritage students doing the same thing last week.

I noticed that Knoxville area fans are already crying about Maryville on sportstalk990. I heard 3 callers accuse Maryville of recruiting. I guess those grapes are sour. I am glad that Maryville winning makes those bitter pukes so unhappy. As long as Quarles and his staff are at Maryville, Maryville will keep on winning and those crybabies will keep on crying.

what's so funny about the "recruiting accusations " by these jealous clowns is , if they looked closely they would see that central & other teams have the better athletes . if MARYVILLE was recruiting they need to step it up a little in that department . MARYVILLE will not out - athlete anyone in the playoffs , they out coach , out team work , out think ,out fundamental , and out hustle the other team . oh ya , and also out " SMOKE AND MIRROR " them too BABEEEEEE !!!!!! :justwrestle:

gilyboat seems to be MIA. I wonder why he does not want to join this spirited celebration? He must be speechless over the Maryville victory. Way to go Rebels!

It is a shame that a team had to lose that game. I really felt for those young men from Central after the game. My hat is off to you Central Bobcats. You are spirited and honorable opponents. Good luck to you and Coach Helton.

Rebelsman

Edited by Rebelsman

Gotta give Coach Hammontree and the MHS athletic department some credit, though - we certainly drew in some mighty good coaches! <_<

My freshman year in H.S. ('95) was the first year Coach Quarles was there and I had no idea who he was and no clue that he would become the successful head coach that he would. I think Coach Hammontree knew, though.

Thank goodness we got away from that wing-T formation...

Rebelron, you boys can go ahead and speak for yourselves. I recruit every chance I get. I am working north Knottsvul as we speak. I already have out my Christmas special.

Here it is. Any family with an excellent athlete who choses to attend Maryville City Schools will receive the following:

1. Free lifetime garbage service.

2. A free unchaperoned date with Suz.

3. A free Disco smoke makin' mosheen...Compliments of the old Charlie's Disco.

4. Lifetime membership to the GO RED REBS CLUB.

5. One year membership to the Cellar Dwellers Club.

6. Free breakfast bar at all area Shoneys...Compliments of the Fulmer family.

7. All contributions to the recruiting slush fund will be tax deductible...Compliments of Sen. Lamar Alexander.

8. First options on Murfreesboro December time shares.

9. Barber service...Compliments of Cecil, Paul and everyone at Broadway Barber Shop.

10. Free trailer hook-up's, free admittance to axle league games, and complimentary sweet tea and onions at the Foothills Fall Festival.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS