Fulton vs. Macon

PiGeOnS4LiFe

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY PiGeOnS4LiFe, SO TELL US A LITTLE BOUT YOUR SEATS AND THE STADIUM AND WHERE ITS AT EXACTLY , HOW CLOSE TO KNOXVILLE, IS IT IN KNOXVILLE CAN YOU GIVE US SOME HELP? HOW MANY DOES YOUR SEATS HOLD? (ON THE VISITORS SIDE.)

Fulton High School and their stadium is right beside St.Mary's hospital (if you know where that is). Field sits parallel to the road, allows only one side for blechers, but they are adaquate for size of crowd. Easy way to get there is to take I-40 through Knoxville and find the Broadway exit. Wont be far past down town Knoxville. After finding the Broadway exit and getting on Broadway (you can only go right), go to the third light (maybe 2nd or 4th). Take a left (should cross a small bridge), and your there, cant miss it. Watch out for traffic, it is horrible due to heavy traffic. So since you are an hour behind already, might want to work in about 30 min to an hour of delay due to consruction into your travel time.

An alternate way is to take the I-640 exit off of I-40 and take it to Broadway. After getting off at Broadway, take a right. Travel straight down Broadway and take a right at a WalGreens, and you are there. This route will not bypass the major contruction, it will bypass down town traffic.

Overall the stadium is not too diffictult to find. And if you get lost, just ask someone, they should know where it is. And if they dont know where Fulton High is at, just as them where St.Mary's is at, they should know where that is, and Fulton is right beside it.

Hope this helps, I know how frusturating it is not to know where some place is at, especially when you are late.

Fulton High School and their stadium is right beside St.Mary's hospital (if you know where that is). Field sits parallel to the road, allows only one side for blechers, but they are adaquate for size of crowd. Easy way to get there is to take I-40 through Knoxville and find the Broadway exit. Wont be far past down town Knoxville. After finding the Broadway exit and getting on Broadway (you can only go right), go to the third light (maybe 2nd or 4th). Take a left (should cross a small bridge), and your there, cant miss it. Watch out for traffic, it is horrible due to heavy traffic. So since you are an hour behind already, might want to work in about 30 min to an hour of delay due to consruction into your travel time.

An alternate way is to take the I-640 exit off of I-40 and take it to Broadway. After getting off at Broadway, take a right. Travel straight down Broadway and take a right at a WalGreens, and you are there. This route will not bypass the major contruction, it will bypass down town traffic.

Overall the stadium is not too diffictult to find. And if you get lost, just ask someone, they should know where it is. And if they dont know where Fulton High is at, just as them where St.Mary's is at, they should know where that is, and Fulton is right beside it.

Hope this helps, I know how frusturating it is not to know where some place is at, especially when you are late.

THANKS FOR THE INFO :D,NOT SURE IF WE'RE GONNA DRIVE OR NOT YET. MY HUSBAND WANTS TO TAKE THE BUS IF THERE IS ONE, BUT ID RATHER DRIVE MYSELF. SO.....GUESS ILL WAIT AND SEE, BUT I GOT THE INFO DOWN INCASE WE DRIVE. LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING YOUR FIELD AND I BELIEVE IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME. GOOD LUCK FULTON AND SEE YA FRIDAY. AND AS ALWAYS GO...............TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is supposed to be a couple of buses being chartered to carry fans to the game. The cost is is around 20 dollars per person. I don't know the exact details, but something should be on the radio, if not I would call the school first thing monday morning if interested. I know we will take our share of fans, but I would love to see as many people at Fulton as there was at Pat Parker Field on Friday night. The boys feed off the crowd, and they love the enthusiasm the fans bring. Don't know if the team is going up on Thursday or Friday yet, so I'm not sure if the buses the fans will take are going up Thursday or Friday either.

There is supposed to be a couple of buses being chartered to carry fans to the game. The cost is is around 20 dollars per person. I don't know the exact details, but something should be on the radio, if not I would call the school first thing monday morning if interested. I know we will take our share of fans, but I would love to see as many people at Fulton as there was at Pat Parker Field on Friday night. The boys feed off the crowd, and they love the enthusiasm the fans bring. Don't know if the team is going up on Thursday or Friday yet, so I'm not sure if the buses the fans will take are going up Thursday or Friday either.

THANKS, ILL TRY AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT TOMORROW. AND BUS OR NO BUS ILL BE THERE. I HAVENT MISSED A GAME IN 4 YEARS, MOST OF THE SENIORS I HAVE WATCHED SINCE PEE WEE YEARS AND IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART IF I HAD TO MISS A GAME, DONT KNOW WHAT ID DO WITH MYSELF. SO ILL BE THERE AND ILL BE ONE OF THE LOUDEST PEEPS IN THE CROWD, LOVE TO CHEER THE TIGERS ON. :D

Here is a website to the Falcon's Nest.  I dont think it has been updated in 2 or 3 years:

Thanks for that. I have a question...I was looking at the pictures on the site..One of pics the shows a football field...Is this the Fulton field, the stands on one side like you guys were talking about?

This is the link to that picture of the stadium I am talking about.

Fulton School Pictures

Yes...that is the stadium on the left. Picture was actually taken before the addition of the second press box that was added over the existing one. The stadium appears a lot smaller in that picture, b/c of the weird angle. Also picture 10 or 11 is that of the new gymnasium/sport complex.

Knoxville will be like Macon County's second home this Friday night.  Almost everyone here has been to Neyland stadium about 100 times so I am sure that we will feel at home at the Fulton stadium.  It will be strange looking across the field to face the enemy only to realize they are sitting beside us.  I am looking forward to making the long trip, that should give our restlessness time to fester, we will be ready to HIT SOMEBODY when we arrive.  Wait, that's for the players, I got a little carried away.  I believe the fastest team that we have faced is Chattanooga Howard, obviously no problem for us, they went back home and stayed there. LOL  The unknown of Fulton is intriging.  Are they big, ugly, toothless, bowlegged, humpbacked, vertically challenged, horizontally unchallenged, like me.  These are honest, valid questions that I would like answered.

Fulton really has a great mix of both size and speed at all positions. We have smaller players like WR #5 Tylon (5'9'', 155) that can flat out burn, and medium sized players like QB #15 J Long (6'1" 180), RB #6 Jam Fine (5'11'', 171), WR #2 Wilkerson, WRs # 9 Patton and #8 Matthews (6'0 ", 160s) that can kill you with size, speed and quickness. And then we have larger players with great speed like DE #1 T Martin (6'2", 185) and the biggest freak of them all (as in "The Freak" Jevon Kearse), Mr. lineman finalist (2 years straight) #99 Demarcus "Mookie" Stevens (6'3", 210)...not only is he a load to block and bring down, he also runs in the 4.4-4.5 range!!!

We also have a few on the line that go 6'4" to 6'5", 270-300+.

What makes us so successful is the fact that we have a BALANCED, Multi-dimensional attack!!! Couple that with good size, awesome speed, motivated players and great coaching and you get 26-2 over the past 2 years!!!

'Tis True, Measurements will not win you a football game, but for people to say that we arent used to the big teams that play "Smash-mouth football," they have just hooked on to a huge misconception. Just like people probably think b/c you are a County/Rural school, you have no speed. I am sure you guys have your share of speed. I just dont know if you have seen it this consistent or if you can overcome the speed deficiencies at each position.

So you played Howard who had a little speed...they were 2-7 and a lousy team at that (should have never made the playoffs), and we sure as heck wont throw 8 interceptions. And I dont want to hear this Bull that "we arent running a track meet, we're playing a football game." That much is understood...but to all those people I say, why does UT recruit track athletes every year to play WR and DB for them...b/c they are playmakers and put the other teams at an automatic disadvantage!!

We have played many teams that use "ball-control", "Johnny Major-esk" offenses, b/c of the fact that our district is so diverse (us and AE are the only City schools in the district). We actually play more teams that are one dimensional towards the run than teams that have our speed and utilize a wide open offense (about 7 or 8 run oriented Rural schools and 2-3 multidimensional on our schedule)...and you can see from our record (only losses to Ridgeway and AE) the last 2 years that we are VERY successful in those “Big Ball” match-ups as well.

Just looking at Macon's roster...I see only 3 guys at 6'0" and no one over 250-60. So why do you think we cant handle you up front? Do you have a bunch of guys that can lift the whole weight room? or Do you get a good deal from your local RX on enhancers? :D

Edited by msmoker21

KittyKat, the pictures you found on the website do not do the field justice AT ALL! Our stadium is not the biggest in this town, but it's pretty big. It will be a packed house, but that makes it that much more fun! I'm already excited about this game!

Another way to get here & miss the downtown traffic is to take I-40 & get off the exit onto 75N (or 275N) & take the Woodland Ave. exit (I think it's the 2nd exit). Turn right on Woodland Ave. from the exit ramp & go straight down that road. You'll see St. Mary's hospital on your left & the school is just past that. Have a safe trip.

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4

Here's my prediction... If Fulton ain't up by at least 14 points at the half, the TIGERS will win. They are a 2nd half team and Coach Harville ALWAYS makes adjustments. So Fulton ya'll better not use up all that speed in the first half or you'll remember what I said. I also got to say I predicted these two to play back during the season. I love everybody from region 4 pulling for the tigers. I'm sure they would be the same. Just got back from Knoxville last night, and got over in AE territory and sure glad we don't play them. I'm glad Fulton is showing good sportmanship on here , and always putting God first. Go Blue! :lol: KITTRELL SMITH FOR AAA MR.FOOTBALL! :D

Don't know must about Fulton but if they beat AE they must be pretty good. Them redneck hillbillies from macon will talk a lot of smack and will bring some to the game. So, if you don't have speed get ready to get SMACKED. Don't think the Falcons will be able to run the ball but if they have a passing game (and some recievers that can catch the ball!) they will rout the tigers. Could be a LOOOOONG ride home for the tigers. Falcons 21 Macon 3. (Only 3 because they have a good kicker, not much else on offense). :P

There will be two buses for fans going up Friday. The cost is $25. I heard that yesterday morning and haven't heard anything else. Me personally...I amgoing to make that drive. Plans are to get up there early Friday afternoon and do a little pregame tailgating. Roadtrips for games like this are the best. Have made plenty in the past for basketball and the likes. This will be no different.

GO TIGERS