FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing last-minute prep for the Clinic Bowls tomorrow and was sidetracked by a thought. It was last April. I'm talking to Franklin SR DB Brad Christiansen following a baseball game... it was a Friday night actually. From the baseball field at FHS you can see the football stadium in the distance. We were talking about my upcoming enrollment at the University of Oklahoma. I had already started to think about which FHS games I would try to make it home to see. I knew I'd be back for the BHS regular season game. Then it hit me. The semifinals- they'll be on Thanksgiving break. This led to something else hitting me. The semifinals- if Franklin's in still, they'll be at FHS! I told Brad I would love nothing more than to be able to see them play on my Thanksgiving break. He believed they'd be playing. Well, fast forward to August. I'm following the Rebels preseason like crazy, trying to soak up every last bit of FHS football that I can. Then, just two weeks before Week 0, I find out that indeed I'm not heading out to OU. This was a crushing blow to me. But, as always, there was a bright side. Through the preseason, I had become attatched to this team. It was going to kill me not being there on Friday nights. Now I would be there. This fall has been truly special. I didn't want to be in Franklin still but alas, I am. And what a great time it has been! And here we are. It's the week of Thanksgiving. Brad, you're playing in the semifinals at Franklin! It's been a highly wonderful pleasure seeing y'all get to this point (but hey, no more OT games Franktown!) and I look forward to this week like no other. I've followed teams to the semi's before (BA in 95 and 96) but this is much more special to me. You're a great group of guys and I hope that all you seniors enjoy your last game at Howard Gamble Stadium! I said to myself as I drove away from FHS after losing to Dickson County in week 10, "this will not be the last game played here this season. We'll see one more here at Howard Gamble before 2003 is out." I'm glad I was right. Good luck Franklin... have a great week of practice, we'll have a great week of talking it up here on CoachT, and let's have a great time this upcoming Friday night! GO REBELS!

Now that my Falcons are out of the picture, and out of the 4 teams left, I look for Franklin to win it all. Not being bias because of the Lincoln County tie with Coach Johnson, but I think they are the most balanced team left in 5A. Riverdale may make it to the finals, but I don't think with just their running attack, will win the state. I think you have to be balanced with pass and run. If they fall behind to a team, they will have to try and do something they are not good at to catch up (pass) and that will haunt them! Good Luck Rebels!

Very interseting matchup, as it usually is in the semi-finals, Obviously tough to compare these two teams as they have no common opponents. On paper, G'town appears to be the better squad, but that's what was thought last year as well, until Brentwood knocked tham off on the way to the state 5A crown.

The West 5A teams have not proven that they can beat the Middle 5A teams. I'll have to go with Franklin in this one.

I'm going with Franklin as well. I hope for another Rutherford-Williamson County Blue Cross Bowl this year, with a slightly different result.

And for the record, Riverdale is a good passing team. The Warriors just did not have to pass to win last night. I am amazed by that fact, but they just ran the ball around and through Lincoln County.

Good luck Rebels, let's keep the championship in Middle TN.

Wow this willll be a very interesting game... the germantown vs bolton game really showed that germantown can EASILY stop a good offense and score against a good defense. They have a very balanced team too. i dont know much about Franklin but i know this will be a very close game. the Devils have really improved and i think u people in the West and East dont give us enough credit. we have won a state title before and we have gone to state. i wouldnt count us out just yet. Go Devils!

I'm hoping for a Williamson-Rutherford Blue Cross Bowl with a slightly different result, too. Franklin the victor instead of Brentwood. :P

The key here, and I know there are others that agree (not that I'm taking this thought from anyone though :o) is to get up early on them. If Franklin can do that, and force Germantown to the air, it'll mean good things for Franklin. The only disadvantage Franklin is at here is size. And again, I'll take our great technique over anyone's size.

We'll see though. I know everyone is coming out to support the Rebels so Germantown folk, if you want a seat, get here early!