FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germantown's DBs are pretty good, though they have only been tested one time this year by White Station.

One key to this game will be the health of Carlos Dixon, Germantown's standout running back and defensive back, he went out in the 2nd quarter of the Bolton game with a knee injury. I am not sure how serious the injury is and if he will even play against Franklin. If he does not play, Franklin will have one less athlete to be concerned with.

One less athlete wouldn't concern me if I were Franklin and Tim Johnson this week... the big question will be how the Rebels match up against Germantown's MONSTER offensive and defensive lines... 330, 280, 270, 250... and they have a big play tight end that's 6-8, 280... they run the wishbone, so if they get down early they will have to throw, which will play into Franklin's hands... that's how Brentwood was able to win last year... the Bruins were up 21-0 before Germantown was able to even get warmed up... turnovers and Franklin being able to make some big plays will be key for a Rebel victory here... A couple quick scores could send the Red Devils into panic mode...

Let me tell ya from experience...the celebration after this game is huge. I have witnessed more than one semifinal game at Gallatin and when you win it.....seriously a great feeling knowing that you have gotten what you have tried all season to get, a championship game. For me the championship game was all knots in the stomach. I have more enjoyment after winning this game than any other. The state championship game ...well for me it takes time to set in that we are #1 in the state. Franklin people may be different, just my experiences. Great game last friday.

Good luck to Franklin. But the one thing that would scare me would be that Germantown has been really quite this year. They have all but sneaked their way into this game. They have a good record and some definte athletes. We all know how good they traditionally are but this year they have been real quite. Just my concern. ;)

Well I know that last Friday was special to everyone at Franklin because of the fact it was the first time we made it past that point. At least, I know that's all I couldn't stop yelling. "We're going to the semifinals! We're going to the semifinals!" I can't imagine what I'll be feeling when/if we win this game. I wasn't at the semifinals in 95 and 96 when I was a BA fan and then when BA made it to state in D-II while I was there, it was just kinda expected.

And don't get me wrong, while I firmly believe that we'll go to Murfreesboro and I've believed that since day one- there's a huge difference between believing and then when it actually happens.

I hope we get to experience what GWAV1 is talking about.

As far as Germantown, they've been quiet here on the boards, but look at their rankings in every poll. They're up there; they were up above LC for a good chunk of the season in some. And then all you have to do is look at their results and know that they are a team to be reckoned with. We certainly aren't overlooking them here.

One less athlete wouldn't concern me if I were Franklin and Tim Johnson this week... the big question will be how the Rebels match up against Germantown's MONSTER offensive and defensive lines... 330, 280, 270, 250... and they have a big play tight end that's 6-8, 280... they run the wishbone, so if they get down early they will have to throw, which will play into Franklin's hands... that's how Brentwood was able to win last year... the Bruins were up 21-0 before Germantown was able to even get warmed up... turnovers and Franklin being able to make some big plays will be key for a Rebel victory here... A couple quick scores could send the Red Devils into panic mode...

Sounds like a case of David and Goliath, although looking at that picture of Scuba in the paper, it might be better described as Beauty and the Beast (steve being the beauty)! Somehow I like the idea of Germantown having a huge line. It makes our mission real simple, speed and agility will have to win over the day!

Don't get discouraged if Germantown seems overpowering, remember how quick we can score!

Edited by BigDogDaddy