FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

germantown has a great team, but to whoever said germantown really showed what they had when they played bolton, yea right. Germantown does not play many people. they could prob. have their JV team start half their games and win. Finally this year they come at least one game i know with competition, and that is when they got their only lose on the year. that would be to Christian Brothers if yall didnt know that. Back to the point, Germantown's star running back looked pretty hurt after the game when i saw him. I was hearing that it was not looking good for next week. Germantown is a powerful team and will definitly put up a great fight just like they always do. they do not lay down for anyone. they will hit you in the mouth over and over. this is going to be a good one to watch. i would like to see g'town with but i dont think it is going to happen, i think franklin will win by 14. Good luck to both teams.

There is nothing like the feeling you get when you realize you are going to the 'boro for THE game. Except winning THE GAME.

Having witnessed Brentwood dismantle Germantown last year, they did it by totally stopping their wishbone and making them pass-which, unless they've DRAMATICALLY changed, that will play big-time into Franklin's hands. Germantown will try and wear down Franklin, but get them behind and they freak out. Ned the defensive effort of the year. You'll be fine on offense. Special teams will win this one for the Rebels, plus they're from the toughest region in 5A. Far tougher teams week-in and week-out prepare you for the best. You've seen wishbone and wing-T before-Germantown hasn't seen what you bring to the table. Good luck from the State 5A Champs (at least for another two weeks!). Keep the Gold Ball in WillCo.!

First off, i think that when Germantown comes into Franklin, and enters "HOWARD GAMBLE STADIUM" They will see what Mid-State Football is all about. Second, Franklin will have to stop the run to stay in this game. I think it will becom a track meet before it is over. I was glade to see murray coming along. He found holes in the zone defense of HHS. I was very impressed with his blocking and his hits on D-Fense. Special teams will be a big factor this week. I do not know anything about Germantown's Special teams, but I know one thing for a fact. Franklin did not have the best special teams last week. This was the first game in a long time that Franklin was the Inferrior team. That will not happen again. Look for Joe bell,Ryan Nichols,David D, and David Campbell to have a great game this week. And I hope everyone knows that the Line has the biggest part in all of those guys in mentioned. With the job they did all year, gave Joe and Ryan the blocks they've needed,Deffatta the time to get a punt away, and Campbell great protection on Field goals. GOOD LUCK REBELS< AND KEEP BELIEVING>

FRANKTOWN: IT'S MORE THAN AN ATTITUDE

Special teams could be huge in this one. Gotta give Germantown a LONG field. It's highly unlikely that if they start each drive from their 20 after a Campbell kickoff or if DeFatta pins 'em way back on a punt, that they can move down the field each time. This is why having two great kickers is such a blessing. Franklin is all but guranteed to win the field position battle which in most games can translate into winning the game. There was a great article in the Review Appeal on Friday about our special teams. We treat it like it deserves to be treated- a third of the game. What was the number, 100+ points on special teams this season? I can't remember but I think it was something totally crazy like that.

The host school may sell reserved seat tickets on the home side to people from the host school who have purchased season tickets for regular-season contests. This would apply to schools where there is seating on both sides with a section of the home side sold to season ticket holders. The tickets would be sold for $7.00 and would be sold through Wednesday or Thursday prior to the game. It would be the responsibility of the game administration to administer the reserved seat section and make certain that there is some means of identifying season ticket holders.

Will Franklin's season ticket holders be doing this? I knew it would be a mistake when I didn't get season tickets. I just want a good seat with those who know some football (sorry, but I just can't stand being surrounded by some of the band parents). They don't like all the noise I make anyways. BDD or someone, let me know.

Edited by FHSrebel27

FHSRebel, I don't know the first thing about Franklins' special teams, but Germantown has an awesome kicker, Allen Toney. He kicks the ball through the end zone eighty percent of the time, so I wouldn't count on ya'll even getting a chance to return a kickoff. Our punter is pretty decent too, but we don't punt that much (although I expect that might be different Friday). Jake Kasser, a Mr. Football finalist, has returned several punts and kickoffs for TDs this year. I'm looking for an exciting game. I really feel like we can beat anyone if we play our game like we did against Bolton, but it seems like we end up losing to middle TN teams every year, so I'm really not sure what to expect. But this is the most complete G'town team I've ever seen. Good luck to ya'll, see you in Franklin Friday night.

David Campbell puts about that same amount, 80%, into the endzone. David DeFatta has a 44 yard punt average. Joe Bell has returned several punts and kickoffs for TDs this year. Ryan Nichols has returned a TD all year, too. I really feel like we can beat any team in the state if we play like we can, too. I'd say the two teams seem pretty even. However, again, I say you have to look at Germantown's competition compared to Franklin's competition. I still give FHS the edge.

Franklin 28

Germantown 20