FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a lot of good picks on here. There is one thing though. Many of you said that Franklin will shut down the run for Germantown and force them to go to the air. Well the first part is harder said than done. Germantown runs the football really well, and if Franklin can stop their run, they aren't too bad in the air either. You won't see many deep routes, but they can throw when they need to. This should be a good game and I'll stick with my pick: Germantown 28 Franklin 17

Edited by brothers15

I agree, Brothers. Everyone's saying "oh if you can force germantown to pass, it's all over". I said earlier that this was the most complete Germantown team I've ever seen, and that is because we actually CAN throw the ball this year. Brandon Patterson is a QB more than capable of going to the air when needed. He threw for over 100 last week against Bolton. And thats if you can stop the run in the first place, our o-line is absolutely huge.

I'm not worried about Germantown's size. We've handled big boys all year long. We've stopped a great running team in Brentwood here in the playoffs. We can stop the pass pretty darn good, too. We've got some great DBs including preseason all-state Brad Christiansen. No one has been terribly successful throwing the ball against us. We'll see though.

Goldenboy, PM me, I'll give ya directions. We'll be glad to have you! WesVols will be there. I'll be there. It'll be one big CoachT party as the Rebels DEMOLISH THE DEVILS and head on to state!

Guest region4fan

Germantown is gonna know Joe Bell really well by the end of this one! Wait til you see the BLAZING speed of this team!! Rebels, make every TD count this time...no stupid penalties to bring em back!! GO FRANKTOWN!! Oakland is behind you all the way!

It's for the same reason that we supported Brentwood last year... and hopefully everyone supported Hendersonville the year before that and so on and so forth. Same reason I'm pulling for Riverdale. Gotta support the mid-state.

Tickets will go on sale at 4:30 PM Friday. No other tickets will be sold (unless Germantown has some down there). I had my question answered. The reserved section will be roped off to season ticket holders up 'till game time at which time any unused seats will be given up... but watch out, cause I get first dibs! And I'll fight ya for good seats and good company!

I find it amazing how much support Franklin is getting this year from teams like Gallatin, Oakland, and such. I'm very thankful and impressed, but why the support?

Don't forget Brentwood Academy! By the way, I was pleased to see some Franklin players sitting on the BA side last saturday night. I was gonna chat with them about the Germantown game, but kickoff was upon us.