Maryville v.s. Morristown-West

Wildrebel06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big factor not mentioned is the condition of the field at Burk-Toney.  Last week a guy with a small helicopter went to try to dry it off before the Greenville game.  Look outside and at the forecast this week!  The field will be a mess for this game.  It is going to be wet and cold.  Last year MWest had their game moved because of these factors.

You must not have been at the Maryville vs. Mo-West game in round 4 one or two years ago. There was mud everywhere, plus it was cold, but that didnt stop the rebels from rollin to a victory. I dont think the weather will slow us down much.

Your wrong friend, I was there at mud bowl 01, I think it was. If you remember Maryville routed MoreWest in front of a crowd that started leaving before the half. I'll tell you this; the field will be muddy Friday. I'll be in Morristown tomorrow for work I'll sneak down there and look at the field and report back to the board.

No, actually it should have been two Ls because two L's means the L is showing possesion and the letter L posses nothing in that statment.

My gosh, you should take Ms. Rhodes English class. According to the Harbrace Handbook (Her bible), you have made mistake 17A4- Improper aphostrophe usage. You need to get you facts, and aphostrophes, straight. The aphostrophe can do more than show ownership...... go rebs

Hey boyz!

Starz you without a doubt are the most thoughtful beau I have ever had! You are far from the only beau though! You know what they say...beau knows Susie!

Mammy still has the plainter wart! Deddy clips the hair for her ever now and agin! But you know how she is...purty is as purty does!

Them fairlyclose veins is givin' her trouble lately! She is gettin' up in age you know...Suzette was born when she was 35, and Suzette is in the 8th grade now...so you do the math!

I hate them fairlyclose veins...she's got some bouts with acute angina too.

She still has a warm spot for you in her heart! She always said, you'd amount to somethin' and that I needed to holt on to you! I know she's right too...why I bet in 20-30 years you will own one of them trucks...or better yet have you name painted on the side along with "I love MURVUL!"

If any of you Central fans need me to do some 'splainin' on some of the meanings of this...just give me a shout!

Love you boyz!

:D

P.S. Starz...don't take time away from your family on Thursday. If you can't sneak over like normal, I'll just see you on the weekend...same time, same place!

Edited by robjim

Once again the rival is on...we all knew it was coming. Maryville's inability to control and hold onto the football will seal their state title run.

Six turnovers against the Trojans last time...lucky to walk away victorious. Morristown West was the last team to defeat Maryville and it they will do it again on Friday night. Quarles' trick plays will be counteracted by Don D. Woods

Load up the bus to Murfreesboro, my Trojan fans, it's over the for the overrated Red Rebels.

Morristown West 28, Maryville 24

Once again the rival is on...we all knew it was coming. Maryville's inability to control and hold onto the football will seal their state title run.

Six turnovers against the Trojans last time...lucky to walk away victorious. Morristown West was the last team to defeat Maryville and it they will do it again on Friday night. Quarles' trick plays will be counteracted by Don D. Woods

Load up the bus to Murfreesboro, my Trojan fans, it's over the for the overrated Red Rebels.

Morristown West 28, Maryville 24

Haha

yeah right. Maryville overrated? 3 in a row, 39 or 40 games in a row, and they're overrated??? Maryville played it's worst game of the season against MoWest. Maryville is a playoff team. Regions 1 and 2 couldn't hold a match to 3 and 4. If Morristown was in region 3, they'd be a number 3 seed, if that. You want to talk about overrated? Wow, you beat greeneville twice in a season. These guys are dangerous. If maryville was lucky to win the first one, then MoWest was equally lucky it wasn't a blowout. Maryville is a playoff team. They always have been and always will be as long as GQ is there.

The crowd has not been a factor since Little Man Stewart wore maroon and it will not be on Friday night. You Morristown kids could construct a life size Horse of Troy (which you probaly could find the funds to do) and it wouldnt intimidate people.

Let me start off by saying I still hate West. ;) I have changed my tune though, go ahead Trojans, win state if you have it in you. Jeff Co beat you this year and that is the last time we will we that for a long time, so win a state championship for all I care, this year is fine with me. And before one of you fools says something, yes my boys are sitting at home with basketball on their minds, but who cares.

In all seriousness, there are a couple of Trojans that I think deserve to have a right on their fingers. GQ and the Reb Bunch have more than their fair share of bling. Time to let someone else have some fun.

I dont know that much about Melrose or Hillsboro but from what I saw last year from Hillsboro they are fairly hardcore, GQ had to go old school draw it up in the dirt to get things goin on them. But back to the present and the future, guess we will find out come Friday.

So unless Woods does some real Remember the Titans type crap if West wins, I dont see them winning state. Maryville will have an equally tough time, if they win and win another ring then my hat goes off to them, but it aint gone happen. This years state winner will be from West, but not Motown, WEST TENNESSEE.

I would like to start by askin westside a question. Are you insane? Overrated you say....ok...tell me how you figure that? In order to be "overrated" your ratings have to be higher than your ability. ill tell ya...i live about 1.5 hours from the rebels front door and i didnt hear about them till last year. if they were over rated everyone around here would have known about them. they have won 40 straight and 3 state titles in a row...in order for them to be overrated they would have to be in the new york times everyday. in my opinion they are under rated...they dont rank in the national rankings and i think thats crazy. i think maryville will win. GQ will have his team ready as always and the players will be pumped...they have been here before....more than once....they know how to act. i dont see them gettin beat any this year. look for 4 in a row.......GO REBELS.