Attn. M West Fans and Players

mhs

M West Fans and Players

It was disappointing to lose to you guys yesterday. But today I got up, walked my two miles, went to church and it was a beautiful day. When you lose a game like the one we lost yesterday your first reaction is to try and justify someway other than you just got beat. We just got outplayed and we just got beat. I thought about the past two years when we put you out in the semi finals and how disappointing that must have been for you. You climbed a big mountain yesterday and you deserve credit. Part of our (myself included) reasons for losing hinged on all the turnovers we made. Most of those were forced by your outstanding defense. And another thing that must be mentioned were YOUR TURNOVERS. If you guys had not fumbled into the end zone at our 1 yard line, and had your punter not fumbled the snap that set up our second TD that game would have ended 21-7 with no overtime. You have a first class program, a good coach and a really nice community. It reminds me a lot of ours. I hope this is a really enjoyable week for your team and your community. Everyone deserves to experience that at least once and I am really sincerely happy for your guys. They have worked hard! And they deserve every minute of it. Best of luck against Hillsboro. They can be imposing but we have proved the past two years they can be beaten. You guys can do it! And I hope you do.

To the Maryville Seniors: Thank you for your time and effort. Keep your heads up. When this disappointment wears off and you get to be an old man like me you will be able to look back and remember during your four years of high school football you got three state championship rings. There are a lot of people who would love to trade places with you. Winning is easy. Working hard to win, and yes, losing will teach you how to be a man. You have learned your lessons well.

If I had a vote for Mr Football I would gladly cast it for Brandon Fanney. Good Luck!

Sincerely,

The Proud Uncle of #67 of The Maryville Rebels

Edited by mhs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. I agree with everything you wrote.

I like Hillsboro and MOWest. I don't know who to root for. I hope it is a great game. I will watch it on TV.

I am proud of George Quarles,The coaching staff and the players. The team this year never gave up.Even with all the injuries Maryville had they played well this season. I can see why nobody has ever 4peated. It is hard.

Congratulations MOWest. You guys came up with the big plays when you needed them.

Brandon Fanney should be MR.Football in the linemen division. I am inpressed with Kaleb Goforth,Emanuel Fredrick,Matt Rice and the whole defense. They are not only athletic but well coached also.

Spoken like a true Red Rebel fan MHS. Win with class and be gracious in defeat. Time to start another run men!! West vs Hillsboro, the best defenses I have seen the past 2 years plus Maryville`s of course. I don`t look for much scoring in this game either. The West defense against Mr. Fischer and the Hillsboro gang. I don`t look for alot of passing this game either. :) Best of luck to Mo West and keeping it in the east.

Most of my thoughts have been along the same line, MHS. It is a hard thing to wake up and notice your teams not on its way back to the State Championship after the great success the Maryville program has enjoyed. The memories and rings are very nice and to be apart of this community and team the past years has been a great ride. Morristown West has scratched and clawed its way to the top in the east this year and congratz to them for this school milestone, but make no mistake Maryville has a bright future. This program will just re-load and work even harder for this next season to place itself back where it belongs, on top of the High School Football world in Tennessee. The best team does not always win, unless it is the best team in every contest. Yesterday Maryville was simply not the best team.

Yesterday leaving the game my vehicle displayed proudly Maryville Rebel Stickers and I was taunted and laughed at for supporting my team. Not the display of champions or the supporters of champions. I took the time to roll my window and tell the young taunters, "Good Luck, and I'll be pulling for you". It stopped this taunting in its tracks, Class always does. There were a few classless players from the West team taunting and pointing but, I'll let this go un-noted because most of the West Players displayed class as the victor. I know these people do not represent most of the Mor West fans and players. Good luck Mor West at the "Ship" as Fanney put it, you earned a chance to do what No East Tennessee team has done the past few years have done, besides Maryville bring home the Gold Ball. A task not easily done.

Next year I can say without question all roads to the Championship will lead through Maryville again! Go Reb's.

As you could see following saturday's game, all Morristown West fans and players are exuberant at the fact they are advancing to the Blue-Cross bowl in a week. I would like to think all Maryville fans for their great show of class towards our football program and hope that we may show the same class to you. Great reply MHS, we appreciate the class you and your fans have shown. Maryville is a great highly talented football program with an outstanding coach in Quarrles. If Maryville wasnt such a good team we wouldn't have celebrated like we did after the game. Thank you maryville for a great show of class. :)

Excellent post mhs. I couldn't have said it better. Sometimes you just get beat and we did. We got beat upfront, dropped too many passes, threw too many bad passes, just did not execute, etc. NO EXCUSES, we just got beat.

The Good Lord has blessed us tremendously at Maryville High School. We have so much to be thankful for. The health of Ryan Headrick comes to mind first. The good hard working kids at MHS. The men who coach and direct these young men are first rate, not only as coaches, but more importantly as quality human beings.

Mo-Town West has a tremendous team as well. Their defensive plan was exceptional I thought. They crowded the line, left their safties 15 to 20 yards off the ball and kept everything in front of them and made it hard for Maryville to get anything over the heads. Just a great plan. I agree that the field just killed McCord's cutback ability. But hat's off to West on a great game and game plan.

Congratulations to these seniors on great careers. Their record from their freshman season through their senior season is an amazing 53-6, right at 90%. Plus 3 rings and the continued solidifying of the MHS program. You have left a mark for future generations of Rebels to strive for and admire. As for the rest, re-focus your efforts. Next season starts now. We will have a lot of experienced guys returning and I look forward to 2004 with great anticipation.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

well, exiling myself from posting on coacht for the rest of 2003 did not last long

I had gotten so disgusted at reading the trash talk (from both sides) that I did not want to respond any more

but this particular thread has been so pleasant to read that I wanted to say a couple of things

as I left the game saturday I started talking to a couple from maryville who were so pleasant and so very congratulatory after the game--class all the way (the word might be overused at times but regrettably you do not see it happening on this site or at football games as much as you would like)

to maryville and your team--what a game!---what a comeback!--you guys never gave up!--I am so proud to be able to say motown won!--I feel like we won the championship yesterday because of beating such a great team!

trojans--way to play!--defense, you were awesome! offense, you played your guts out and put enough points on the scoreboard to win! those who know me know how I feel about the special teams----best of luck next saturday!

again, thanks to those from maryville who show class

uncle to a maryville student and dad to a trojan football player

thank goodness for true maryville people like Rebel Ron, mhs, and Starsnbars. they are the perfect example of class, as are most maryville fans. but understand morristown west also has such people- the young unclassy ones have been on here though. just remember every team has the good and bad fans