Chris McCord

MRedRebels

Chris McCord played a lot at defensive back in 2001. Him and TJ Brock alternated at that position. Chris made the biggest play of 2001 when he hit Chris Woods of Hillsboro and caused him to fumble. Maryville recovered that fumble and scored on that possesion to go ahead. His hit changed all the momentum in the 2001 4A State Title game. Chris McCord will be a big asset to the team that he plays for in college.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you people forget that a lot of your great players in any sports were not always super stars in high school...Does Michael Jordan ring a bell..(i understand he isnt jordan but who knew were he would end up) .Cut from his high school team....He can go where ever he wants to go....Walk on or start out as a d-2 running back....In a college program the work programs they have will make McCord stronger faster and bigger....He will not GO TO MARYVILLE COLLEGE....He has gotten letters from tech, mtsu,cn, visited utc, western kentucky and cn.....He has proved everyone he can run and will continue to do it in college.....I WILL BET ANY OF YOU...And MARYVILLEREBEL you are a hater on someone you were supposed to side with....Your probably someone who wishes you had a kid as good as chris or could run like that yourself......His big brother knows this! ;)

i agree with you MHSrebs , there seems to be a lot of jealous people on here of CHRIS McCORD !! i've seen all of MARYVILLE'S running backs since the 70's , and i can say with all honesty that CHRIS McCORD has the best vision of any running back i've seen at MARYVILLE HIGH , plus he's the best " cutback " runner we've ever had . i guess some of you " haters " just think that since he doesn't have the size of CARL STEWART , he's not very good . he's a great cutback runner , with great vision and quickness , who is also a great receiver out of the backfield . we've got enough " MARYVILLE haters " on this site without badmouthing our own . instead of focusing on what CHRIS can't do , let's focus on what he can . if he wants to continue his football career somewhere , anyone who has him on their team is very fortunate .

McCord is a great little High School running back. Lets be serious on here though. He is 5'9" at the most, and probably runs a true 4.6 or higher. He might be 160 lbs at the most. College recruiters don't look to use the little money they have on kids this small, unless they run a 4.3. Chris is no where near that. He is a great kid, but needs to realize early what level he is at.

you people have to realize that just because he played high school football at the "great and mighty maryville high school," doesnt mean that he can play college ball. college football, at any level, is a step above the rest talent wise. as placall just stated, mccord is a good high school back. odds are he will not get offered to play anywhere. he may though, be invited to walk on. but he will not get paid to play for anyone. my unbiased opinion.

Guest NineInchNails

Get real, people. First you compare Chris McCord to Michael Jordan?!?! Have you lost your mind? Second, a running back at Maryville is like a quarterback for Spurrier, a product of the system...nothing more, nothing less.