Memories from 2003 Season

AERoadrunners

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I will always remember that! AE's record of picking 38-1, WOW :D!

Also just goes to show you football is one crazy sport, a season depends on what the team wants to do with it. If a year 13-1 is re-building, what is a true season? '98 maybe?

Hey if I was 38-1 when picking Maryville to lose, I think I would be the best sports picker in the world. I think you should've had me down as picking 2 games right when its comparing to Maryville.

Now someone stated that Fulton whooped AE in the playoffs. Well buddy if 12-6 in OT is a whooping, I don't know what you would call a whooping. You gotta love that kid :)

this is kind of an Odd statement, but the funniest thing i think i heard all yr was this

Greenback opened the 1st round of the playoffs playing a team that was 1-9.

the most memorable thing is Maryville beating Central twice. and going 13-1 in a "down year, maybe they win 4 or 5 games."

The second most memorable thing I will remember is how players and coached and fans all over Tennesee prayed for my friend Ryan when he had a brain anuerism. that was incredible.

I have a few.

Starts off in the Jamboree with Soph. #14 Caldwell intercepting a pass and returning it for a touchdown!

First game mighty Maryville goes up 7-0 on us and we counter with a score tie it up at 7 and the Crowd at Maryville goes silent (that was great!) unfortuantely Maryville went on to win, but that's a big step. We had some other chances to mark up some points but couldn't find the Promised land.

Senior Kicker Doane #9 first career touchback against Powell (only year he played football)!

And finally, beating HALLS for the first time in consecutive seasons since 1980-1981, and the first home win against the Red Devils since 1981!

Looking to see the improvements Carter has made in the last 2 seasons is nice to see. We played with the teams in our region, we are doing some good things look for the Hornets to be back and better next year. Can we hand Maryville their second loss in a row? We will see! Congratulations Hornets!

Like I said AE, Little Stevie, my neighbor's little blind pot bellied pig, found an acorn under the old oak tree last week. Then today he got outside again and found a walnut under the walnut tree. That makes Little Stevie one up on you............

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would have to say the Biggest moment was yesterday...when Fulton etched the Program's name into the TN State Football "history book" for eternity!!!

Big Falcon wins over region rivals AE and AC!!!

Cant forget Karn's upset of DB!!!

BTW...

AE, your past post should have been locked...it was a pure case of "self promotion" and knowing the recent success and past history of Maryville Football, it was definitely uncalled for and unexceptable in this forum!!!

Gotta agree w/ FHSReb, it was so nice getting revenge towards Brentwood. Incase no one else realized, we were 11-2 last year, and the only team Franklin lost to was Brentwood. Well.... we did the same thing to them- the only 2 losses they had this year were to FHS Rebels! Wahoo!

The OT Thriller will go down in the history books for me though.

BTW...

AE, your past post should have been locked...it was a pure case of "self promotion" and knowing the recent success and past history of Maryville Football, it was definitely uncalled for and unexceptable in this forum!!!

What are you talking about? Tell me what was uncalled for and not acceptable in this forum? Now its like if I say one thing about Maryville the whole world wants to turn on me. But hey, its funny though!

Now you made a good point on the Karns win over DB, I forgot all about that one. I know there's a lot of more memories that you can recall let's hear them.

Another memory I have of the 2003 season is when Albert Harris was running for a touchdown against Fulton in the playoff game, I fell trying to get up and hit my head on the fence :) . Splains that gotta be in your most funniest moments book. Splains was sitting right next to me and seen the whole thing. I'm still laughing about it today. I tried to play it off but Splains just laughed at me and told me if he had a camera he would've sent that one in and won $10,000 for having the most funniest home video. :D:P:D