Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't recruit, we don't give scholarships, Our rich daddy's don't provide us with the best facilities, and training equipment.

I'll take this piece by piece:

1. We don't recruit and until you can name just one player recruited to MBA, please refrain from saying that we do.

2. We don't give scholarships. We give need based financial aid. A firm in NJ selects who qualifies and only about 8% of the students at MBA are on aid.

3. MBA renovated its weight room 4 years ago. Prior to that it was one of the worst I have ever seen. The same is true at BA. CBHS weight room (or at least was 4 years ago) is in an old basketball gym and looks like its been there since 1950 (no offense, it obviously gets the job done). I think Gallatin was the first school to have an indoor field house and I have seen Riverdale and Lincoln Co.'s facilities and know that they aren't too shabby.

4. Take a step back and reread the thread. The only people who have supported any type of arguement at all are the DII fans and FHSRebel. Waco can go around trying to beg the question all the time or trying to manipulate people's statements but unfounded arguements will get you nowhere. Lets see less finger pointing and more supportive facts.

Edited by Redtwin

FIRST OF ALL WesVols....I'm not a guy, I'm a girl. SECOND....REBELMAN....I never said ANYTHING about you, Hillsboro or Melrose. I have alot of respect for the Maryville program, and up until now, all the Maryville people that are on here. I don't know how a game with Fulton and Maryville would turn out....but Fulton DOES deserve to be in the top 10. And Fulton WOULD beat MBA if they played. I never said Maryviile shouldn't be in the top of the state...they DEFINITELY should! You need to read a little closer before you start running your mouth sir. I stand by what i said....2-3a is the toughest in the state.

GO FALCONS!!!

yes, I agree you have to put Fulton in the top 10. Like a couple of Mo. West town west fans said, "Do not base your opinion of our program on a couple of people" well, same for us. Sometimes people just take all the winning a little over their heads, I think I could be guilty of the same thing before.

Fulton could compete with almost anyone, they proved that Saturday!

I have to say Crockett County. If they would have had both Chris Ingram and Earnest Williams, there would have been no stopping them. Those two were the big playmakers. Of course, I am from Crockett County, so my opinion is probably biased. I congratulate all teams who made it to the playoffs for a great season. Congrats to Greenbrier for holding on and beating one of the best. Congrats to Huntingdon for giving West Tennessee a state title!

Welcome to Waco's side man and fellow D2 hater. Glad you can join us with another predictable post. NEXT

Kangaroo,

How can you imply that because I said polls are biased; that I hate DII football. I have been to more D II games this year than D I. Don't put words in my mouth because I believe polls are biased. To top it off BA is one of my favorite schools in Tennessee and I am marrying a BA girl and my kids may very well go there if I am still living in Nashville. I have spent tons of money supporting your school at many of their events, sporting and other. Why don't you take some lessons from WesVols. I thought they would teach you to think before you speak at BA, or is that just you not thinking. I believe you were not thinking. I still think the polls are biased. Refer to the BCS poll as another example.

Edited by bud

I assume you are talking about the picture in my profile. That is 'the walk'. That is 30 minutes before each game. The 360 member band crowds the endzone facing down field. They start playin the Florida St. warhoop. The players line up on the 50 and walk very slowly toward the endzone while doing the 'chop' arm motion. The music gets faster and faster until the band and team are standing face to face. Then, right on a particular note the music warhoop gets even faster, the players turnaround, start screaming and sprinting back towards the 50 where they all pile up on each other. It get them pumped. Some teams move off their half of the field before we do it because they hate seeing it. Others get intimidated. Everyone gets pumped and hardcore fans get there early to make sure they don't miss it. That band is actually bigger than UT's so the sound is very loud!

Edited by bud