Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has lincoln co., riverdale, franklin, brentwood, oak ridge or dobyns bennet played any D-2 teams?

This is MBA's record against DI opponents since 1993 (last ten years):

Dobynd Bennett 1-1

Oakland 2-0

Lincoln Co 3-0

Clinton 2-0

Pearl Cohn 4-0

Henry Co 6-1

Halls 2-0

Gallatin 2-0

Clarksville NW 4-0

Clarksville NE 2-2

Hunters Lane 2-2

Dickson Co 3-1

JCM 1-1

Hillsboro 4-0

Clarksville 2-0

McGavok 1-0

Millington 1-0

Franklin 1-0

Central Hardin 2-0

WCHS 2-2 (Does anyone know what that stands for?)

Hillwood 2-0

Cookeville 1-0

That's a total of 50-10 over the last ten years.

Something that has not been brought up, so far, on this thread is another MAJOR consideration when a 5A school schedules a private school. It is usually a "home and away" arrangement. The private schools NEVER bring a crowd like most 5A schools bring. Franklin vs. Lincoln County has become a much anticipated game, and each school takes a pretty good crowd on the road. I know LC wouldn't want to give that up for a game with anyone who didn't have a good following.

Exactly. But according to itzme, the scheduling issue is horse manure. I'd much rather see Franklin vs Lincoln County than Franklin vs Father Ryan.

If you consider MBA to be the best DII has to offer, here are the teams I would like to of seen you play the past 10 yrs.

Riverdale

Germantown

Dobyns Bennett

Oak Ridge

Franklin

Brentwood

Maryville

Hillsboro

Oakland

Fulton

Lincoln Co.

JCM

and probably a few others(had to add that so not to offend anyone)

You might win 50% of these games, but then again you might not.

But then again beating anyone in reg. season does not mean you could do it in a playoff game. That's been proven 100's of times.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

WaCo, beleive me, MBA would love nothing more than to have played those teams. You have to remember that from '93-'96 we were in region 6-5A, which is where alot of those games came from. Also, during that time, many of the teams you listed were terrible, i.e. Brentwood, Hillsboro, Fulton. Furthermore, six of the teams you listed were already on RedTwin's list. As for maybe winning 50% of those games, you're out of your mind.

Man how come nobody is giving the mighty falcons from Fulton respect on here? That's not cool. Fulton has continued to prove itself time and time again and I believe that with the way those boys were playing at the end of the year......they might have been just about unbeatable. But, they have fought hard and deserve recognition!

GO FALCONS!