FRA job candidates

FHSrebel27

Some names bantered about recently regarding the filling of the vacancy of the Franklin Road Academy football position include: ex-Brentwood Academy head coach and ex-MBA assistant Tom Moore, University of Miami (Fla.) graduate assistant and former MBA standout Daniel McGugin and Hillsboro coach Ron Aydelott, whose team just won the state 4A title.

Veteran George Weicker resigned the Panthers post last week after 20 years.

“I’m very happy at Hillsboro,” Aydelott said Sunday. “But if something were to come up regarding a lucrative situation for me and my family, I’d listen.’’

Out of that list I would say McGugin would be the favorite. Aydelott would be crazy to leave Hillsboro (his name has been tossed around for the Independence job here in Williamson County, too). Moore moved to Illinois or some state up that way to be closer to his wife's family. I doubt that he would make a move again for the FRA job.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Moore is only the second coach that Brentwood Academy has ever had. Led BA to two Clinic Bowls, finishing second both times. He then "resigned" and Flatt took back over. He played at MBA with Pack (CPA) and Bowers (MBA/Ensworth). I don't know much about the other guy. I wish Jack Pittman the def. cord. at Brentwood Academy would get his name tossed around some for some jobs. FRA would seem a nice fit for him.

Smith as children at FRA!!!!! Unless they have changed things (last 5 years) FRA does not give any tuition breaks for educators children. I think that in and of itself is a joke. Many times the teachers don't make enough money to send their children to the school that they work for.

cbg wins the "name the mystery coach contest".

Although I know someone who applied for a position at FRA and they said that faculty members did get tuition breaks.

Keep in mind also that FRA is in competition with a number of private schools in the area and how good your athletic programs are often influence people to attend your school. I imagine that FRA would not have any problems cutting Smith a break if they thought that he could help the program become one of the top ones in Nashville again.

I feel confident that whoever is hired, they will be an outstanding individual.

Having lived up North for sometime, might I offer an idea. A coach from a small, successful Catholic program from Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, or Wisconsin. Now that the snow has started to fly up there, they would be anxious to escape to the South.