This Thread is Too Funny

itzme

Is it an unfair advantage that these types of players may be drawn to these type programs in your area. Does Jackson Co. have an advantage over the other small rural schools in your area?

I would not say Jackson County has any advantage over us. They have built their progam with girls from that county. They have probably the best coach in the state (girls basketball). The girl that transferred is only in the 6th grade. I don't know why she transferred. Her father does work in Jackson County (I've heard).

Heck...just about every girls team in our district is loaded. We also have Clay County and Gordonsville in A not far away. There's no advantage there.

I really respect your opinions and consistency. I mean this with all sincerity. I enjoy the friendly banter with you and others about this topic.

I just want to ask you one question: Are you being intellectually honest when you say that Jackson County has no advantage over Smith County? If you say, "Yes," I would ask if you consider outstanding coaching and tradition as advantages that one school may have over another one.

Answer carefully.

Respectfully,

supersteve17

You have to look at the overall picture. We have a brand new school (advantage us). We also have better sports programs than them in about every sport except girls basketball. Football facilities (advantage us)...basketball facilities (advantage about even...both are very good). Even at that...we have an up and coming program. I would say that academically we are at least even or ahead of them also (although that is my opinion). Not too many years ago...they were awful in girls basketball. We used to pound them. They do have one of the best girls programs in the US. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? It really depends on your perspective. Everything is relative.

I guess the real point is that we are not competing for players. We both play with what we have. Most all of their kids grew up there...as did most all of ours.

Lately...they have been better at developing those players. We have been better in most other sports.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not say Jackson County has any advantage over us. They have built their progam with girls from that county. They have probably the best coach in the state (girls basketball).

Not too many years ago...they were awful in girls basketball. We used to pound them. They do have one of the best girls programs in the US. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? It really depends on your perspective. Everything is relative.

I guess the real point is that we are not competing for players. We both play with what we have. Most all of their kids grew up there...as did most all of ours.

Lately...they have been better at developing those players. We have been better in most other sports.

I protest!! The public schools have the best boys and girls basketball teams in the state every year. How can this be when a rural school team like the Jackson County girls who was non-competitive only a short time ago now be a national powerhouse? Either they are getting players under the table, or there is something special being added to the water up in Baxter? ;)

They have to have some unfair advantage!! It can't just be good coaching, hard working kids, and strong parent and community support can it? We all know from our public school firends on CoachT that public school parents don't encourage their kids and the kids lack motivation to succeed, right? We all know they have access only to the relatively small population base in rural Jackson County, right? Imagine how good they would be if they could get kids from all over the Cookeville area!

I want to see publics and privates split for basketball. ;) The privates just don't have a chance any more!!

Thank you Antwan. The irony of your posts has made my day! :lol:

I would not say Jackson County has any advantage over us.  They have built their progam with girls from that county.  They have probably the best coach in the state (girls basketball). 

Not too many years ago...they were awful in girls basketball.  We used to pound them.  They do have one of the best girls programs in the US.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  It really depends on your perspective.  Everything is relative.

I guess the real point is that we are not competing for players.  We both play with what we have.  Most all of their kids grew up there...as did most all of ours.

Lately...they have been better at developing those players.  We have been better in most other sports.

I protest!! The public schools have the best boys and girls basketball teams in the state every year. How can this be when a rural school team like the Jackson County girls who was non-competitive only a short time ago now be a national powerhouse? Either they are getting players under the table, or there is something special being added to the water up in Baxter? ;)

They have to have some unfair advantage!! It can't just be good coaching, hard working kids, and strong parent and community support can it? We all know from our public school firends on CoachT that public school parents don't encourage their kids and the kids lack motivation to succeed, right? We all know they have access only to the relatively small population base in rural Jackson County, right? Imagine how good they would be if they could get kids from all over the Cookeville area!

I want to see publics and privates split for basketball. ;) The privates just don't have a chance any more!!

Thank you Antwan. The irony of your posts has made my day! ;)

At least know the county seat of Jackson County before you smart off. That would be nice. If they have an unfair advantage...it's news to me. They are on top because they worked for it. They have also been blessed with an unusual run of talent. They don't have a huge population base like the urban 1a privates. Call it irony if you will. If you want a split in basketball...that's okay with me. By the way...how many privates are there in AA that are competing with JC?

Your lack of knowledge on the subject has made my day also. :D

At least know a little about the subject before chiming in. :lol:

Edited by Antwan

I would not say Jackson County has any advantage over us.  They have built their progam with girls from that county.  They have probably the best coach in the state (girls basketball). 

Not too many years ago...they were awful in girls basketball.  We used to pound them.  They do have one of the best girls programs in the US.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  It really depends on your perspective.  Everything is relative.

I guess the real point is that we are not competing for players.  We both play with what we have.  Most all of their kids grew up there...as did most all of ours.

Lately...they have been better at developing those players.  We have been better in most other sports.

I protest!! The public schools have the best boys and girls basketball teams in the state every year. How can this be when a rural school team like the Jackson County girls who was non-competitive only a short time ago now be a national powerhouse? Either they are getting players under the table, or there is something special being added to the water up in Baxter? :lol:

Thank you Antwan. The irony of your posts has made my day! ;)

At least know the county seat of Jackson County before you smart off. That would be nice. If they have an unfair advantage...it's news to me. They are on top because they worked for it. They have also been blessed with an unusual run of talent. They don't have a huge population base like the urban 1a privates. Call it irony if you will. If you want a split in basketball...that's okay with me. By the way...how many privates are there in AA that are competing with JC?

At least know a little about the subject before chiming in. ;)

Uh oh, a personal attack from Antwan! A little bitter there, eh my friend?....I must have hit a nerve! Sorry I mistakenly said Baxter instead of Gainesboro, but the message still applies. Nice attempt at diverting attention to my point though. You public school guys sure love to argue for a double standard on the p/p issue.

P.S. I applaud Jackson County's success. I am happy to see ANY Tennessee high school program get national recognition, and my statement about a split was totally in jest. Lets put 'em all back together and play ball!

Thank you Antwan. The irony of your posts has made my day! :lol:

At least know a little about the subject before chiming in. :rolleyes:

Uh oh, a personal attack from Antwan! A little bitter there, eh my friend?....I must have hit a nerve! Sorry I mistakenly said Baxter instead of Gainesboro, but the message still applies. Nice attempt at diverting attention to my point though. You public school guys sure love to argue for a double standard on the p/p issue.

P.S. I applaud Jackson County's success. I am happy to see ANY Tennessee high school program get national recognition, and my statement about a split was totally in jest. Lets put 'em all back together and play ball!

Ah...you didn't hit a nerve with me. I think you made the 1st personal attack. You didn't answer my question though. How many AA private schools compete with Jackson County?

I'm sure you would like to see all back together since you have the advantage. I'm sure I would too if I were an MBA fan. Heck...if I were an MBA fan...I would do away with classes altogether.

What double standard is that? Please clarify.

Edited by Antwan

Obviously Jackson County doesn't play AA privates on their schedule, but you and I both know they can play with any team in the state on a given night, so your point is moot. Nice try though.

Since we have all of the advantages at MBA, why is our record 8-10 in basketball? It would probably be even worse if we had the Metro publics on the schedule.

Reread our last few posts on this thread and consider the debate of the last two years along with them. It is obvious. If you can't see what I am talking about with regard to conflicting arguments and a double standard from you guys, then my repeating examples is a waste of time.

Obviously Jackson County doesn't play AA privates on their schedule, but you and I both know they can play with any team in the state on a given night, so your point is moot. Nice try though.

Since we have all of the advantages at MBA, why is our record 8-10 in basketball? It would probably be even worse if we had the Metro publics on the schedule.

Reread our last few posts on this thread and consider the debate of the last two years along with them. It is obvious. If you can't see what I am talking about with regard to conflicting arguments and a double standard from you guys, then my repeating examples is a waste of time.

You are grouping me with all public guys which is a mistake. I...on the other hand...should not group you with all private guys. Do you really think that you don't have an advantage in all sports?

If I am not mistaken...David Lipscomb is the ONLY DI AA private school. All others in the DI are in A. Of course...they are in our region.

Jackson County girls can play with anyone on a given night. I don't really see your point. Jackson County boys are close to last place in the district. Same school...same facilities.

We both know this debate is mostly about football. Other sports are just a by-product. I see double standards and selfishness on both sides.

Do you think it is fair for us to be in the same football region with Goodpasture and David Lipscomb? Do you think they have advantages over us? Please tell me your opinion.

By the way...congrats on a great season this year. I think you had the best team in the state by far.

Is it an unfair advantage that these types of players may be drawn to these type programs in your area. Does Jackson Co. have an advantage over the other small rural schools in your area?

Clay County spanked Jackson County last night 60-44. I guess JC doesn't have an advantage over them...huh?

VG,

I really don't know about Tyner.  Please enlighten me.  Where do they get their players?  I really don't know.

Antwan..Tyner Academy is located in Chattanooga. It`s a magnet school and they are open to all of Hamllton County.

How does a kid get into Tyner? What is their selection process?