This Thread is Too Funny

itzme

From what I am told, some schools were frightened into not supporting a split by the threat of dropping football to three classes. That was wrong, the classification details should have been discussed after a split took place, if that's how the vote went.

Who exactly told you that Indian? I haven't heard anything like that but I am gettin' a little deaf in my old age.

ELA, have you heard anything like this??

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then how do you explain that over 60% of member schools voted for a split.

Now...who runs the tssaa?

This is false. LESS than 50% voted to split. And, when you take into account # of students represented it was less than 25%.

Yeah...right. You know the reason for that. I would say much less than 25% would be affected by a split also. Look at my previous post on the vote.

True enough about less being affected by the split. Also true that more than half of the schools in the state voted No to a split. More than half also voted for a change of some kind. Seems to me the TSSAA is doing what most voted for...change.

Note that change isn't my first choice. I would rather things stay the same. Just correcting your allegation that 60% of the member schools had voted to split. It was the other way around. And that isn't 'semantics'.

btw, it is interesting that all of the DII schools who voted voted pro-split and still less than half voted for a split. That means that DI schools voted overwhelmingly against a split. Just thought I'd toss that in.

Throw out the DI privates that voted not to split and you have an overwhelming majority for a split. I just thought I would throw that in too.

As for the over 60% figure by me was obtained from the Maryville paper.

I think we all know the reasons why the vote turned out like it did.

True...48% voted for a split. That's a pretty high number when you consider 3a, 4a, and 5a schools didn't care because few of them were affected. How did the 1a and 2a schools vote? Has anyone posted those figures on here? Are those figures obtainable?

Edited by Antwan

btw, it is interesting that all of the DII schools who voted voted pro-split and still less than half voted for a split. That means that DI schools voted overwhelmingly against a split. Just thought I'd toss that in.

Throw out the DI privates that voted not to split and you have an overwhelming majority for a split. I just thought I would throw that in too.

True...48% voted for a split. That's a pretty high number when you consider 3a, 4a, and 5a schools didn't care because few of them were affected. How did the 1a and 2a schools vote? Has anyone posted those figures on here? Are those figures obtainable?

I dunno about that...seems to me the DII schools and the DI privates probably just about cancel.

And the larger schools do care...I would think that they just aren't as emotionally involved. After all, if there is a multiplier it will affect a lot of schools' classifications even in the higher classes.

I haven't seen any figures on 1a and 2a schools and how they voted...

Edited by Baldcoach

Then how do you explain that over 60% of member schools voted for a split.

Now...who runs the tssaa?

This is false. LESS than 50% voted to split. And, when you take into account # of students represented it was less than 25%.

Yeah...right. You know the reason for that. I would say much less than 25% would be affected by a split also. Look at my previous post on the vote.

True enough about less being affected by the split. Also true that more than half of the schools in the state voted No to a split. More than half also voted for a change of some kind. Seems to me the TSSAA is doing what most voted for...change.

Note that change isn't my first choice. I would rather things stay the same. Just correcting your allegation that 60% of the member schools had voted to split. It was the other way around. And that isn't 'semantics'.

Antwan,

The Maryville paper also quoted a coach as saying that Boyd Buchanan went from 0-10 one year to 10-0 the next. That statement (attributed to Coach Satterfield from Greenback) was incorrect.

I dunno about that...seems to me the DII schools and the DI privates probably just about cancel.

And the larger schools do care...I would think that they just aren't as emotionally involved. After all, if there is a multiplier it will affect a lot of schools' classifications even in the higher classes.

I haven't seen any figures on 1a and 2a schools and how they voted...

If the 2.0 multiplier is enacted there will be no privates in 5a and maybe one in 4a.

What upper classes are affected?

The reshuffle will change the cutoffs for every classification as the privates will all have a much 'larger' enrollment. While only a few of them will move to 3 or 4a there will be a general realignment if we stay with the 5a system and use 20% increments. Thus everyone is affected in some way.

4a and 5a will not be affected much at all. The top 40% will still be the top 40% excluding DL.

Who exactly told you that Indian? I haven't heard anything like that but I am gettin' a little deaf in my old age.

ELA, have you heard anything like this??

A good source. Cutting down to three classes, even with 18 private schools out, would have made for bad mismatches in school population in A and AA and and adminstrators knew it. Nice scare tactic by the TSSAA to float that possibility.

This 'Plan Z/Virginia plan' thing is exactly that, cutting it back down to three classes. Then the AA and AAA are split into large and small for the playoffs to keep five DivI championships. I have heard ELA say on this site that he believes this will go through, mulitplier or no multiplier.

Edited by 1AMAN