This Thread is Too Funny

itzme

"Huntingdon whipped DL this year. So the 'advantages', whatever they are, are not insurmountable."

brentwood academy won back to back 5-A titles with just over 300 students. so whatever disadvantages keep other privates from playing 5-A with single A enrollment, they are not insurmountable.

"After listening to a fine talk by their D-coordinator and talking to him for an hour or so this last weekend I am convinced 1 'advantage' they have is their coaches and fans don't whine about advantages. Another is coaches who coach to win and believe they can no matter who they play."

after talking with ba coaches several years ago, i am convinced the reason they could compete at the 5-A level is that they were not afraid to leave the lowest classification. another is coaches who coach to win and believe they can no matter who they play.

sorry boldcoach, just couldnt help myself.

and i had also sent an e-mail to your address. i figured you didnt respond because you didnt feel like it. no problem with that, but i plan to send the complete football data to you by that route, once i get it all typed into a spreadsheet. (i am up to 1983 & adding at leat one year every day). if you didnt get that mail, i need to try again until i find a way that gets thru. i dont want to do all that work for nothing!

hehe its ok Laz...I figured that post would get some response.

My e-mail has been down for the last week...ever since Comcast 'upgraded' their speed. Typical. Hopefully I'll get some time on Saturday to sit down and try to fix it...I'll let ya know if I got the stuff. If not, I still want it! And thanks for going to the trouble.

p.s. Surely you aren't comparing Huntingdon to BA? Or anyone who is still DI?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say I told ya so...but I TOLD YA SO!!

I told all you guys that once the sickness took hold then any school that was in any way different from the small rural zoned publics would get tarred and multplied or split. Some of you laughed, some of you scoffed...

This is the second person to make statements that are essentially "If they aren't exactly like us then make it hard for them to win".

This kind of thing gets out of hand...just ask all those women in Salem...oh, wait, you can't because they are all dead.

I guess that means you are for one class. Good luck competing with BA and Riverdale.

LOL...how you drew that conclusion I just don't know. What it means is that once people start on the 'any difference is an advantage if you beat us' bandwagon it soon becomes a witch hunt. Didn't see any allusion in my post to 1 class...

Then how do you explain that over 60% of member schools voted for a split. 

Now...who runs the tssaa?

Less than 50% voted for a split. Go back a nd check..

In fact West TN was overwhelmingly against a split. Don`t know what`s wrong with the rest of the state. I`m darn proud to be from West TN where we just line up and play. I wish the rest of the state would just shut up and play ball. It`s never going to be perfect. The complaining just hurts the overall quality of sports in TN.

AMEN! East Tennessee used to be that way, but the disease has spread over here now. I wonder if you can vaccinate against it?

Less than 50% voted for a split. Go back a nd check..

In fact West TN was overwhelmingly against a split. Don`t know what`s wrong with the rest of the state. I`m darn proud to be from West TN where we just line up and play. I wish the rest of the state would just shut up and play ball. It`s never going to be perfect. The complaining just hurts the overall quality of sports in TN.

In regard to classification for 2005-2009, 206 (62%) schools voted to make a change in the present plan.
In regard to classification for 2005-2009, 127 (38%) schools voted to stay with the present plan for Division I/Division II.

I guess we are going to argue semantics again. I guess I should have said that 62% voted for a change of present system.

I am not going to argue about how the questions were worded. That is old news.

This is false. LESS than 50% voted to split. And, when you take into account # of students represented it was less than 25%.

Yeah...right. You know the reason for that. I would say much less than 25% would be affected by a split also. Look at my previous post on the vote.

Edited by Antwan

I guess we are going to argue semantics again. I guess I should have said that 62% voted for a change of present system.

I am not going to argue about how the questions were worded. That is old news

There is no semantics here so there is no argument. 62% did vote for a change and that is what we are going to get. I wasn`t trying to start an argument. I was merely pointing out a figure you threw out that was wrong.

This is false. LESS than 50% voted to split. And, when you take into account # of students represented it was less than 25%.

From what I am told, some schools were frightened into not supporting a split by the threat of dropping football to three classes. That was wrong, the classification details should have been discussed after a split took place, if that's how the vote went.

Yeah...right. You know the reason for that. I would say much less than 25% would be affected by a split also. Look at my previous post on the vote.

True enough about less being affected by the split. Also true that more than half of the schools in the state voted No to a split. More than half also voted for a change of some kind. Seems to me the TSSAA is doing what most voted for...change.

Note that change isn't my first choice. I would rather things stay the same. Just correcting your allegation that 60% of the member schools had voted to split. It was the other way around. And that isn't 'semantics'.

btw, it is interesting that all of the DII schools who voted voted pro-split and still less than half voted for a split. That means that DI schools voted overwhelmingly against a split. Just thought I'd toss that in.