This Thread is Too Funny

itzme

I have said that public schools should be zoned.  Do not allow them to get students from outside their zone.

Antwan...You`ve said that same thing a gazillion times.Nothing is ever going to change regarding open zone public schools. It`s very obvious that open zone publics have great advantages that others do not. I`m trying to get your opinion on what should be done.It shouldn`t matter if the school is taking advantage of it`s open zone or not. You support a private split, yet not all privates "take advantage" of their open zones. So in order for you to remain cosistent in your argument, you should have an opinion on what to do with open zone publics as well.

Zone public schools. If open multiply. Does that satisfy you?

It`s nice to agree isn`t it? :o

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said that public schools should be zoned.  Do not allow them to get students from outside their zone.

Antwan...You`ve said that same thing a gazillion times.Nothing is ever going to change regarding open zone public schools. It`s very obvious that open zone publics have great advantages that others do not. I`m trying to get your opinion on what should be done.It shouldn`t matter if the school is taking advantage of it`s open zone or not. You support a private split, yet not all privates "take advantage" of their open zones. So in order for you to remain cosistent in your argument, you should have an opinion on what to do with open zone publics as well.

Zone public schools. If open multiply. Does that satisfy you?

It`s nice to agree isn`t it? :o

Zone public schools. If public schools refuse to zone...or don't care about sports...multiply them. I'll bet you would see very few open zones if that happened. I will say again for the millionth time. It would not matter in most rural publics.

Zone public schools. If public schools refuse to zone...or don't care about sports...multiply them. I'll bet you would see very few open zones if that happened. I will say again for the millionth time. It would not matter in most rural publics.

I hate to say I told ya so...but I TOLD YA SO!!

I told all you guys that once the sickness took hold then any school that was in any way different from the small rural zoned publics would get tarred and multplied or split. Some of you laughed, some of you scoffed...

This is the second person to make statements that are essentially "If they aren't exactly like us then make it hard for them to win".

This kind of thing gets out of hand...just ask all those women in Salem...oh, wait, you can't because they are all dead.

"Huntingdon whipped DL this year. So the 'advantages', whatever they are, are not insurmountable."

brentwood academy won back to back 5-A titles with just over 300 students. so whatever disadvantages keep other privates from playing 5-A with single A enrollment, they are not insurmountable.

"After listening to a fine talk by their D-coordinator and talking to him for an hour or so this last weekend I am convinced 1 'advantage' they have is their coaches and fans don't whine about advantages. Another is coaches who coach to win and believe they can no matter who they play."

after talking with ba coaches several years ago, i am convinced the reason they could compete at the 5-A level is that they were not afraid to leave the lowest classification. another is coaches who coach to win and believe they can no matter who they play.

sorry boldcoach, just couldnt help myself.

and i had also sent an e-mail to your address. i figured you didnt respond because you didnt feel like it. no problem with that, but i plan to send the complete football data to you by that route, once i get it all typed into a spreadsheet. (i am up to 1983 & adding at leat one year every day). if you didnt get that mail, i need to try again until i find a way that gets thru. i dont want to do all that work for nothing!

I hate to say I told ya so...but I TOLD YA SO!!

I told all you guys that once the sickness took hold then any school that was in any way different from the small rural zoned publics would get tarred and multplied or split. Some of you laughed, some of you scoffed...

This is the second person to make statements that are essentially "If they aren't exactly like us then make it hard for them to win".

This kind of thing gets out of hand...just ask all those women in Salem...oh, wait, you can't because they are all dead.

I guess that means you are for one class. Good luck competing with BA and Riverdale.

You never answered my question before. Why do we have classes? Why don't we have one class for all? Is it because some schools have advantages over others? If not...why do we have them? What state doesn't (football) ?

I think that I have but I will again, It is because the members of the TSSAA decided to divide it that way. Doesn't mean that it is good or bad, fair or unfair, thats the way it is. Do I think there are too many classes, yes in football, not enough in the other sports. I think everyone should be back in with some type of multiplier, One for financial aid, one for urban, one for non-financial aid, one for open zones, It could become complicated but it could be worked out. Between you, laz, baldman, VG, and a few others locked in a room there could be a compromise that works for everyone. Yes there are classifications, but it still doesn't make everything equal. Is it fair for the smallest 4-A team to compete with the largest 4-A team. It really doesn't matter cause that is where you are, so you better figure out a way to compete with them.

I think that I have but I will again, It is because the members of the TSSAA decided to divide it that way. Doesn't mean that it is good or bad, fair or unfair, thats the way it is. Do I think there are too many classes, yes in football, not enough in the other sports. I think everyone should be back in with some type of multiplier, One for financial aid, one for urban, one for non-financial aid, one for open zones, It could become complicated but it could be worked out. Between you, laz, baldman, VG, and a few others locked in a room there could be a compromise that works for everyone. Yes there are classifications, but it still doesn't make everything equal. Is it fair for the smallest 4-A team to compete with the largest 4-A team. It really doesn't matter cause that is where you are, so you better figure out a way to compete with them.

So the tssaa got together and just decided to classify teams on a whim. Is that what you are saying? Hey...let's divide all of our teams into classes just because we can. Is that it? :D

I am saying that you decided it as a member of the tssaa, along with the other member schools. The member schools are the tssaa. Yes that is what I am saying that we, the tssaa, decided on the number of classifications to divide into. It has changed through the years, but the member schools have decided upon how to divide the schools.

I am saying that you decided it as a member of the tssaa, along with the other member schools. The member schools are the tssaa. Yes that is what I am saying that we, the tssaa, decided on the number of classifications to divide into. It has changed through the years, but the member schools have decided upon how to divide the schools.

Then how do you explain that over 60% of member schools voted for a split.

Now...who runs the tssaa?

I believe there is already a split, as for the vote, the results are still out, you may get the split that you want. You can always propose any legislation you want to put up for a vote, all you have to do is type it up and present it. The TSSAA was formed to give you a voice its your job to make sure your voice is heard. Maybe you need to propose to get a new executive director or elect a different board of control. The point is you have a voice, and you can make changes if you can get enough support.

I believe there is already a split, as for the vote, the results are still out, you may get the split that you want. You can always propose any legislation you want to put up for a vote, all you have to do is type it up and present it. The TSSAA was formed to give you a voice its your job to make sure your voice is heard. Maybe you need to propose to get a new executive director or elect a different board of control. The point is you have a voice, and you can make changes if you can get enough support.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The problem is the small publics are NOT being heard. The split idea has already been presented. Maybe the idea of a new board and executive director is the answer. There are a lot of angry schools over this issue.

Then how do you explain that over 60% of member schools voted for a split.

Now...who runs the tssaa?

Less than 50% voted for a split. Go back a nd check..

In fact West TN was overwhelmingly against a split. Don`t know what`s wrong with the rest of the state. I`m darn proud to be from West TN where we just line up and play. I wish the rest of the state would just shut up and play ball. It`s never going to be perfect. The complaining just hurts the overall quality of sports in TN.