loudon and alcoa freshman team

ozzie82

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are going to have to come further east for the best freshman team...It's at Dobyns-Bennett. Some will remember the Sevier Middle School team who won the sectional last year, add to that team a few very capable players and that makes for a solid freshman team. Science Hill would be very good as well (lost to Sevier in the sectional championship), but they are playing their best three freshmen on the jv and varsity.

Roll Tribe Roll

I play for the freshman team, and I have to give Loudon credit; they are a very physical, and good shooting team. They do play dirty however, and the officiating was the most one-sided I have ever been a part of. I am not trying to take anything away from the Loudon team, because they did beat us the second time around, and I know that it is not their fault about the officials. Alcoa has a huge game against Maryville tomorrow @ Alcoa, where we will really have to prove our stripes. I think we'll be able to prove that we are the best freshman team around tomorrow night, and for all that its worth (since it is freshman) we played our worst game of the season lastnight.

alcoa wasnt the best fresman team before...maryville was and still is...they beat louden twice

Well even if they were, they ain't any more, because they pretty much got waxed tonight @ Alcoa. If it weren't for a couple of late threes, it wouldn't have been close at all. So I guess we all know is the best now.

I don't understand the comment about Coach Mitchell. The guy should be excited he has a tone of talent. Having coached kids on both sides of the river I will be careful about what I say. I think both schools are very lucky L.C. has alot of quality smart basketball players. Loudon has alot of athletic ability and they play very hard. L.C. beat Loudon earlier this year and Loudon won the second meeting both were blow outs both ways. I guess, I was the lucky one I got to coach kids on both freshman teams.

Our county has some very quality 8th grade talent right now. Philly and North played two classic games this year. Ft. Loudon is very good as well. We are blessed right now.

I play for the LHS freshman basketball team.And I dont like to toot my own horn,but i think that we are the best athletic freshman team in the state.Yeah its true we have got beat by teams we are 20 points better than like scott county,powell,maryville,and lenoir city.The one and only team that should beat us is Alcoa because their an all around team like us.We split games with alcoa.The maryville game at our house was bull but a win is a win,and the reason we lost at maryville is because we didnt have the SUPERSTAR.Scott county was simply the refs,and powell and l.c. was a tourny in which we really didnt play because of an accident that happened on thanks giving.Yeah i've got excuses and really shouldn't blame anyone but me,but there's always next year.

Coach Brown is try he's best to schedule a game against scott county so that we can shut them up.Then we can decide who the best freshman basketball team is[/font].

Edited by HamP

Scott County's Freshman team is undefeated this year and beat Loudon in the AC freshman tourney over New year's. If I remember correctly, Loudon came in 3rd while Scott beat Anderson County by 4 in the championship. Loudon beat Knox Central for third place.......

hey scott county y dont yaw come 2 loudon and well see who tha best freshman team is cause we r on a roll and our coach is gonna schedule a game wit yaw 2 see whos that best and anybody else out there who want some jus tell them 2 holla at us