referee decisions determine too many matches

pony20

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Moorman takes the high road because of the type of person he is. He has done a great job at Union County.

He also understands that all the bitching in the world is not going to change the decision that was made. All that ever does is make the person doing the bitching and the schools they represent look bad.

I too have had kids lose matches by questionable, in my mind, calls. One cost one of my kids a state title. Some, cost some of my kids matches at this years state tournament. There is nothing I can do to change what has happened in the past. Its over, done, through.

As far as the officials go:

I would like to know why a wrestling coach is warned for questioning a call of an official and in every other sport there is no penalty for questioning a officials call?

Why must we always have to sit in a seat, while football, basketball, baseball coaches can stand-up, walk on the field/court, whatever, and never recieve a penalty?

Why some officials take the time to explain a call, while others take it personal, like a kick in the groin?

Why a wrestler who shows unsportsmanlike conduct gets ejected from an event and a football player recieves a 15 yard penalty?

How is a coach yelling 2 points for a takedown, inciting the crowd?

Why its OK for a football team to sit on a lead and yet when a wrestler does it, its called "stalling?"

Just a few questions that have crossed my mind?

Bradley is great. You have the hardware to prove it.

No one is questioning your program or fans. Just a couple of matches that were viewed as decided by the refs and not the wrestlers.

When you see a young man trying to set up a take down and then gets called for stalling when the match is tied up. You have to ask yourself "Why would they want to stall"? What a crazy call! The stalling call has to be examined or explained better to the average fan. If I remember correctly all the finalist in 2nd in the questionable matches will be back next year. They can finish it on the mats.

By the way, if a wrestler sticks someone and pins them it doesn't make them a better Wrestler? If you think that you must have never wrestled. We've all been there and try to never make that mistake again. This year some of the Young men who pinned their opponents were standing lower on the podium then the person they pinned early in the season.

JMPKnoxville enjoy "Fat Tuesday" and remember these adults are your peers now. Use some tact. You helped win region as a junior and I've seen you during your upsets. You have a lot to give so pass it on to young men your helping coach and do not waste your time attacking folks on this site. Just remember folks. Most of us read the same bible and it only reads one way. But Millions have died because the we all see things through different eyes.

Edited by rigger101

To Bond Davis and to other wrestlers who feel the calls did not go thier way,

I'm sorry for your heartache. Life can be cruel at times and you have a hard time with the question why? It was a misfortune, but life goes on. It will leave a scare on your heart forever. The question you must ask yourself is what will you do with that scar? Will you feel it forever and make excuses or will you feel it's sting and use it as a call to action.

I too have a scar. Every time I drive to Chattanooga I feel it. I have been very successful in life, I have a wonderful wife, a job I enjoy and can make a good living at "selling real estate" and I'm looking forward to my first born child. That little scar helps me to remember what it is like to fall a little short of my goal. I never want to feel that again. But life is like that, I will fall short again but not with out a fight. Just remember God will never give you something you can not handle, and that does not kill you only makes you stronger. Again I am sorry the situation worked out like it did. What will you do with that scar?

Sharrock Cobb

imp-knox, you really don't know exactly what to say...I was there - you were not. And you probably never have been there. you sopund more like a golfer or swimmer maybe (although you don't sound like you are keeping your head above water!) I doubt that you ever wrestled!

I'm sorry for your heartache. Life can be cruel at times and you have a hard time with the question why? It was a misfortune, but life goes on. It will leave a scare on your heart forever. The question you must ask yourself is what will you do with that scar? Will you feel it forever and make excuses or will you feel it's sting and use it as a call to action.

I too have a scar. Every time I drive to Chattanooga I feel it. I have been very successful in life, I have a wonderful wife, a job I enjoy and can make a good living at "selling real estate" and I'm looking forward to my first born child. That little scar helps me to remember what it is like to fall a little short of my goal. I never want to feel that again. But life is like that, I will fall short again but not with out a fight. Just remember God will never give you something you can not handle, and that does not kill you only makes you stronger. Again I am sorry the situation worked out like it did. What will you do with that scar?

Sharrock Cobb

I became a coach with my scar. I'm still hunting that state championship....

Josh Peck

Ravenwood

I'm sorry for your heartache.  Life can be cruel at times and you have a hard time with the question why?  It was a misfortune, but life goes on.  It will leave a scare on your heart forever.  The question you must ask yourself is what will you do with that scar?  Will you feel it forever and make excuses or will you feel it's sting and use it as a call to action.

I too have a scar.  Every time I drive to Chattanooga I feel it.  I have been very successful in life, I have a wonderful wife, a job I enjoy and can make a good living at "selling real estate" and I'm looking forward to my first born child.  That little scar helps me to remember what it is like to fall a little short of my goal.  I never want to feel that again.  But life is like that, I will fall short again but not with out a fight.  Just remember God will never give you something you can not handle, and that does not kill you only makes you stronger.  Again I am sorry the situation worked out like it did.  What will you do with that scar?

Sharrock Cobb

I became a coach with my scar. I'm still hunting that state championship....

Josh Peck

Ravenwood

My scar helped drive me to coaching as well. I may not be hunting a state championship but give us a few years and we shall see.

If anyone thinks that the TSSAA is going to do anything to the officials of the Davis match they are smoking some bad junk. Nothing will happen and I doubt that it will ever be brought up again. He may have had some emergency come up but Carter didn't even attend the tournament. That seems odd to me considering the fact that he is a former wrestling coach and it also let's me know where wrestling ranks in the pecking order of the TSSAA. What I want to know is why the Frankling coaches and fans were not going crazy with celebration after the 3rd caution. Do you think that Logsdon, Mortan, Simpson & Simpson, or Connell would not have been standing at the table right after the call was made? If it had been one of their wrestlers, this discussion would not have been taking place.