fife

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY EARNED IT!!!! THEY DESERVE IT!!!

This is NOT right!

This will put these "YOUNG" ladies in a very bad mood! If you have never seen Christin Rhyne angry - oh my. I pity the fool ...

Girls - no matter what - don't loose focus.

As for me - I have been to just about every game in the last four years and I Volunteer to sit in the auditorium and watch it on close circuit - to keep this game at home.

Doesn't matter what gym - this is YOUR game!

Oliver Springs was going to run into this same problem had we beat Seymour in the championship. I think this is terrible for the schools who gyms are too SMALL. If TSSAA wants to keep this number at 1,250 thats fine, but i have a solution. They can take all the money they make from high school sports and pay to have all the gyms in Tennessee up to size, or they can change the rules and have the Sub-State game at a neutral site for everyone. I hate the number of seats rule because having the game at home is awesome for the fans and the communities and they shouldn't be punished for having smaller gyms. I think having the games at home is a good way to reward teams for winning the region. Everyone should start calling the Communist(TSSAA) and complain. We should all force them to do something about it.

I say we all give Ronnie Carter a call or send him an e-mail. He's the executive director of TSSAA and can start making some changes. Here's some contact info:

TSSAA

Ronnie Carter

3333 Lebanon Road, Hermitage, Tennessee 37076

rCarter@tssaa.org or call 615-889-6740

Sorry to hear that for you Powell ladies....Good luck wherever you end up playing.

Sorry wareagle,

just because it's a rule, doesn't make it right, or fair. The Powell gym was big enough to host losts of big games this year, and it's big enough to hold this one. The TSSAA does lots of stupid things, and has lots of stupid rules, add this one to the list. I hope they (TSSAA) have the integrity to let Powell make arrangements locally to re-site the game, so their fans have to travel very little, but somehow I'm betting they'll get even more ridiculous on this one before it's over. What a shame.

I hate to admit it but it is the rule and it not anything againist Powell or anyone else but it happens every year. I hate it for Powell due to some of the kids playing aau for me and being close with their coaching staff but it is a TSSAA rule that been their for many years and don't see them changing it. I would play back over at South Doyle. You are playing really well over their right now so why change your luck.