Best High School coach?

eaglettes_fan_44

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that it is Lamar Rogers. I was not a Clarkrange fan by heart, but these girls this year were excellent. If you watched this team you would have not thought that they would have made state. They had some great girls that worked very hard and played great defense. Lamar pulled them together, without using a bench and won state. They used only six players to accomplish this. How many teams have won state with only 6 girls playing in the game. Yeah Insell has won more titles, but he had more depth and talent. What makes a good coach is being able to take what is dealt to you and make a state team out of it. And Lamar definitely did that. I will definitely say that he has made a Clarkrange fan out of me. Great season for the girls and the best coach. 7 gold balls and home grown talent, can't argue with that.

Insell has won more titles, but he had more depth and talent.

AND, Insell plays tougher competition. It's all relative.

That's not taking ANYTHING away from Coach Rogers. He is an excellent coach and would be successful in any classification.

This is such a subjective thread, as so many are, there is really no way of proving which coach is the best. Both of these coaches are proven winners. Congrats to both.

Edited by FairInMyFavor

A Lamar Rogers 7 titles

AA Jim Brown 4 titles in a row

AAA Rick Insell 12 titles

There's a lot of factors in my opinion. Some may be better floor coaches than others. Some may develop talent better than others. The bottom line is winning.

These all have done it consistently.

my money is on the main man Rick Insell. and i'm not just saying that because i'm from Shelbyville

The top four would and should be in this order:

#1 Lynn Burkey

#2 Lamar Rogers

#3 Jim Brown

#4 Rick Insell

Lynn Burkey is hands down one of the best coaches to ever walk the hardwood, Lamar Rogers and Jim Brown run a close second and third because they coach kids that are from their own tiny communities and win with their own kids, they don't have kids dropped off at their door steps that are accomplished players, they take these girls from 4th grade that live in their communities and make them into state champions. Now with the success that JC has been having i expect to see more transfers coming to JC but so far Coach Brown and Coach Rogers have won with home town girls. Rick Insell is one of the greatest coaching minds in the state and is arguably one of the best in the nation. Just my opinion. ;)

Edited by devilfanatic