13AA/7AA Challenge Series

CoachD33

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sleep, you are one of the few people on here that sees what will really happen if this happened. But like I said earlier I would love to see it. I just think it will be a sweep for sure. There is no other district in the state that is really even close to 7aa right now. People always talk about Livingston and Jackson as well they should because they have been the dominant programs over the past 10 years, but what people don't realize is how good Upperman (who just a few years ago was ranked in the USA Today girls top 25), York, Smith Co., and Cannon Co. are. If these teams were in any other district they would do no worse than 2nd round of region and a few would make it to substate and possibly state tourny. The depth in this district is just unreal.

i beleive 7aa would take the tourney...but i just dont thik it will happen (tourney)

So far all we've heard from are the naysayers from the Upper Cumberland who don't give anyone else any credit. Where are Devilfanatic and others who've given 13AA some props in the past? Even if we went 0-6 I think it would be great for girls basketball from an interest and possibly a financial standpoint. And just to clarify my proposal, I'm not talking a tourney and certainly not including boys (I'm afraid we all know who would dominate there). Just six games head-to-head in some format much like the ACC/Big Ten Challenge each year.

do you GC people just find something to argue about? all i said was i didnt think it would happen...just to let you know, i wish it would, and i wish we could have had it this year, that way we could show you that we deserved that title and not just a fluke..all i hear is how it would be a different story if it were to be a 3 game series...i dont even know why im sayin this cause u actually think u were better than la this year...

do you GC people just find something to argue about? all i said was i didnt think it would happen...just to let you know, i wish it would, and i wish we could have had it this year, that way we could show you that we deserved that title and not just a fluke..all i hear is how it would be a different story if it were to be a 3 game series...i dont even know why im sayin this cause u actually think u were better than la this year...

Just for the record Puckett, only four people have posted on this from 13AA(don't know your allegiance Anklebreakincrossover, love that name though). Two are from Gibson County and are two of the most knowledgable of their fans, one is a reporter who covers Westview among others, and me. I broadcast Westview games on the radio along with several other West Tennessee teams and my son played at Obion Central. I have no ties to GC. (Oh wait my niece was a cheerleader there 3 years ago!) We are proud of the level of girls play in 13AA just as you and the tennisguy are of 7AA. We're not arguing what happened this year or the four years Jackson Co. won for that matter. I just think based on the level of discussion on this board that these two districts not only play some of the best basketball in the state but have excellent fan bases. These two things generate interest and possibly dollars for the coffers of these respective schools. I am a teacher/coach and anything we as adults can do to increase opportunities for our student/athletes is worth working on. Can I hear input on the concept proposed and not message board trash talk.

pucket10...Maybe I'm reading the wrong thread, but have not seen much about GC arguing much about anything on this thread!! What I have read is how a 7AA and 13AA might be a good tournament. The only posts that I have seen that have been negative about the teams are from you and tennisguy...still bashing GC and our district well after the LA state title. I think the game is over...and GC still lost if my memory serves me correct.

I know quite a bit about our district, especially GC since I have followed the team for about 15 years. Your comments have been heard (several times I might add). All we are saying is that this could be a good thing if it happened.

AMEN TO NWhoopaholic! Give input on the topic thread, not trash talk about teenage girls who play a sport that a lot of us enjoy watching and are proud of!