13AA/7AA Challenge Series

CoachD33

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sleep23,

No, the thread is for getting the ball rolling on what could be a fantastic setting for basketball in the state...not for predicting who would win!

Let's get it set up before Leonard starts picking losers! Most have already read the threads of the greatness that 7AA professes. Why not focus on getting the series set in stone before the bashing begins. So, put asside the Jimmy the Greek stuff and work toward getting this going.

Edited by sportsradiotn

Most have already read the threads of the greatness that 7AA professes.

7aa don't have to profess how good they are. The bottom line speaks for itself. Of course when the bottom line doesn't come out in your favor then you have to do some talking to compensate (ex: 13aa). Even though I don't think that this will do any good for 7aa to play this if they can't make any money at it, it would be nice to play it. Its just a preseason tourny against people that are a lil below your level. But it does wonders for the teams in 13aa. I don't think that the teams that play in out of state tournaments will go for this because I'm sure they would rather play against higher quality competition than what they will be playin in 13aa. That is the whole idea for playing in out of state tournaments is to play some of the best teams in the nation. Monetary reasons would be the only thing that I would think 7aa would get out of it. I'm not sure though that you can make any money off of it. I'm curious though, you say that the wheels are already in motion, would you care to let everyone else in on what you know? I know this will get misquoted, but I will say it again, I do want to see this work, I would like to see these teams play. But you do need to look at a financial standpoint which a lot of fans tend to over look. If money can be made by the teams in 7aa and 13aa then tee it up. I just think 13aa has a lot more to gain here in this.

;) ...ok fine....go on ahead and lets play...i'm not sayin we cant or i dont want to....i think it would be fun...i'm not downin 13AA...they always have teams in the state tourney....it would be a good tournament... :D

Thanks Sleep, now if we can get some of you guys to express ideas on the format of when, where, how, etc. and get past the "7AA would sweep" mentality we can continue forward. Like I said before I know some of you have contacts/relationships with coaches, administrators, maybe college people in your area. If some movers/shakers will take it past the message board level and make inquiries with these folks I think we can make it happen in 05-06. HeavyD is already working on it on this end. He asked for input by private message today for those who are Plus members.

uh...i do believe the thread is comparing the 2 districts....and i am tellin you that 7AA would sweep this no problem....top to bottom...even ol DC....we r tough...i'd be confident against alotta AAA districts.....but....we'll see....maybe next year things will finally be different.... :( ...

sleep23...read the thread man...just like sportsradiotn said its trying to get the ball rolling on what could be a good tournament! Are you related to tennisguy, because about all his posts on this thread are committed to trashing the teams from 13AA and not the matter at hand?

As far as 7AA sweeping from top to bottom you may be right....but guess what??? 13AA could sweep from top to bottom as well. You don't know unless the games are played. Focus on the thread man...focus.

Gibson Co. fans are all nice folks .. They are very passionate about the Lady Pioneer basketball program and want to see it do well just as you do with the programs you follow in 7AA!! :( Speaking of the GC fans, my hats off to ya for the loyal following you gave your team at the TSSAA state tournament.. Gibson Co.

had one of the biggest fan followings of the tournament.. Kudos to you guys :D

Largest crowd of the tournament in terms of shear numbers. Thanks, we do like our Lady Pioneers!

sleep23...read the thread man...

Focus on the thread man...focus.

i am focused...i said lets do this...i wasnt sayin its not a good idea...i was jus flexin the 7AA muscle... :lol: ...but like i said....13AA does have quality teams...it would do nothing but make both districts better prepared for the state tournament....