Lack of respect for Soccer

IN2VOLS

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you have to be really stupid to tell me that baseball is more fun to watch/play than soccer! I do have lots of respect for baseball, I mean, it's a classic, an American past time. Yes, going to an MLB game is fun, as is any other professional sport, but come on guys, so much of baseball is standing around.... that's not fun, interesting, or intense. And soccer is not a sport for people who didn't want their kids to get hurt, because soccer players get hurt A LOT! half the players have experienced broken legs and concussions. 15 minutes of a soccer game has more action than an entire baseball game (unless it went 20 innings then it might have as much action as 15 minutes of a soccer game). and will someone PLEASE put a time limit on baseball, it's WAY too freaking long! It's a miracle they made highschool baseball only 7 innings! I have all the respect in the world for baseball, don't get me wrong, it's just there's no question, soccer has more action.

basebasketfan, I'm by no means a soccer player or fanatic, but I know that soccer is more fun to watch and attempt to play in my case than baseball is. and when you were 10, it was still about chasing the ball around the field. I think your name would be more accurate if you added the word "ball" and took out "basebasket" I totally agree w/ Bus on this one, and on the Wings too.

StayNskool, I think you misunderstood my post yesterday. I was not talkin about you defending yourself. What I meant by "hacking football" is a generic term for American Football, Rugby, Australian Rules Football, etc... My post was a response to the "hacking Football group" not the soccer group. Your posts are always quality with me.

HEY everyone!! I have been reading these post and laughing my butt off!!Can a soccer player pickup a curveball coming at is head and know when to bail out or when to stay in there and hit it no!! can a soccer player take the licks like a an american football player does no!! but i can take a baseball player and a football player and teach them how to play soccer!! in weeks!!for goodness sack anyone can kick a soccer ball!! so quit crying about soccer not getting any respect it don't deserve it nore does the people who play it!!! NOW for the history teacher the puritans came from where ah!! europe that's right so soccer is not an american sport!!! Now on the other hand american football was started in the ivy collages like boston collage and princton around 1890 which makes it a all AMERICAN SPORT LIKE BASEBALL WHICH WAS STARTED AROUND THE SAME TIME!!! you just proved my point you go to a private school and you try to talk down to people so quit crying i did not mean to hurt your feelings!!! PS. BUT TALK WATCH YOU KNOW!!! SO FOR ALL YOU LITTLE DOGS WHO PLAYS SOCCER STAY ON THE PORCH LIKE GOOD LITTLE PUPS AND LET THE BIG DOGS PLAY THE REAL SPORTS LIKE BASEBALL AND AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUNCH OF WUSSY"ES :o:o;)

Baseball a real sport? Its not even fun to watch. You swing at a ball and run to a base. Theres no contact( unless theres a wild throw) and you don't have to condition near as much as you do for soccer. Plus, there's no thought going into Baseball. Like I said, hit a ball, run a base. Then do it again. Soccer is a game of strategy, speed, and teamwork. Sure, its a European Sport, but put a European Car and an American Car next to each other and tell me which one runs better and more efficient. But that's just my two cents.

Baseball can be a boring game. Unless you're the batter, pitcher, or catcher theres a good chance that all you'll have to do is stand there and watch. I've played every sport there is and the two sports with the most action in them during the run of play are soccer and basketball, I don't think there's gonna be a big argument there. I personally like baseball and attend several high school, college, and pro games, but honestly it can be very boring.

Edited by Zizou159