Strength Coaches

Eddie Van Halen

Amen, wardawg. That's exaclty what I'm trying to say. Strength coaches: who needs 'em? Great point.

I agree w/ the posts on here that said games are won and lost in the off-season. Most of you guys are LOSING your games in the off-seaosn b/c you're lifting weights instead of doing something more worthwhile. I love seeing teams walk in w/ their undershirts on that say "300 lb. bench" or "200 lb. curl". I know right then that we're going to whip their butts. They spent all spring playing w/ dumbbells while we were out doing something beneficial.

Man- you sum kinda moron if you thinbk stuff like that man!!!!! Evebody knows lifting is life in football!!!!!! People who be weak in their bodies be weak in their minds to. You gotta be strong in everything to dominate on da feild!!! Take me I skip class like 3 days a week cause I know I gots to get stronger. My coach been telling me if I dont gain 40 pounds I wont never see the feild. He tryin to help me gets a skolaship to go to scool. I jus wish we had a coach who could hep me little more then what we got now. To all you who workin out and keepin it real- peace out!!! To all you other foolz who weak, we gonna love playin you dawgs!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

That's about all thats necessary. High school kids have more important things to do than be in the weight room. They have to have some time to study and fool around with the girls. Some people make to big a deal out of weights. There are plenty of good high school players that aren't all juiced up.

Our team just does push ups, sit ups, and a few laps around the field. Every now and then we'll get a little crazy and do some calisthenics.

I've researched training for kids, it has great benifits if done properly.Builds strong bones and prevents some diseases.Can't do power training, need to do high reps and light weights. Push ups and pullups are great for kids. Heck ,my 2 year old runs sprints and does things for agility.The experts say all kids need to exercise 1 hour a day.

That's about all thats necessary. High school kids have more important things to do than be in the weight room. They have to have some time to study and fool around with the girls. Some people make to big a deal out of weights. There are plenty of good high school players that aren't all juiced up.

I only wish that I could coach against a team that didn't have a good strength & conditioning program.

I only wish that I could coach against a team that didn't have a good strength & conditioning program.

Not going to happen very often these days. All the good programs do it year around.When you see these 90 to 0 scores, go check out the weight room.Its not an accident.

Edited by pujo

Man- you sum kinda moron if you thinbk stuff like that man!!!!! Evebody knows lifting is life in football!!!!!! People who be weak in their bodies be weak in their minds to. You gotta be strong in everything to dominate on da feild!!! Take me I skip class like 3 days a week cause I know I gots to get stronger. My coach been telling me if I dont gain 40 pounds I wont never see the feild. He tryin to help me gets a skolaship to go to scool. I jus wish we had a coach who could hep me little more then what we got now. To all you who workin out and keepin it real- peace out!!! To all you other foolz who weak, we gonna love playin you dawgs!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Edited by Grundyplayer

I think that strenght coaches are an absolute nessecity. If you look at teams like Maryville, Riverdale, Germantown, Gallatin, etc. you will see that these teams have some of the best strenght coaches around. I don't think it's ironic that these powerhouses that dominate year in and year out are the strongest teams around.

Another reason you need them is because a lot of the kids don't know how to lift weights properly. Some kids power clean with their backs bent over and not straight, which can cause serious injury. They need a strenght coach to show them how to PROPERLY lift without hurting themselves.

Excellent point. Proper form is important, especially in cleans, squats and dead lifts. I have known plenty of kids get hurt by not having the proper form. They need a good strength coach.