BA 2004

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thought on Tyler playing both ways. Barry's going to do it!!! On defense we have the MVP of the SUPER SEVEN state championship game in Parker. Plus Josh, Barry, Matt, T.T., and so much depth it's unreal. Tyler at wide receiver? Gosh, I wonder how many times he'll touch the ball out there? Tyler at tailback?Okay, we can let Tyree and T.T. have a conversation on the sideline while Tyler takes a helmet to the knee and can't play linebacker either. There is only one position where Tyler will have the ball on every play and be able to "make a difference" and that is at QB. Tyler doesn't have to be the QB for B.A. to win the state championship. But to be one of the great high school teams in the country this year , he'll need to be the QB.

Edited by B.A. Always

B.A Always you probably don't have a close enough look at the situation and don't understand what is happening right now. Coach Flatt is not a new coach. His decisions are based on experience. Wherever T Griff plays, he will make the best of it. You cannot play in a game thinking someone has a chance of injury carrying the ball. You may have not seen Tyler run before in a game, but honestly I will take him at Tailback over Ty and Ryan anyday. We weren't saying that Tyler would start at TB either. He will just go in for select plays and most likely excel.

Edited by WatchThis

B.A Always you probably don't have a close enough look at the situation and don't understand what is happening right now.  Coach Flatt is not a new coach.  His decisions are based on experience.  Wherever T Griff plays, he will make the best of it.  You cannot play in a game thinking someone has a chance of injury carrying the ball.  You may have not seen Tyler run before in a game, but honestly I will take him at Tailback over Ty and Ryan anyday.  We weren't saying that Tyler would start at TB either.  He will just go in for select plays and most likely excel.

825300043[/snapback]

Great!!! A guy who runs better than Tyree or Ryan, throws the ball better than anyone on the field,and was the QBwho led us to the state championship game last year may"just go in for select plays" at tailback or wide receiver. Do you hear what your saying? Maybe we can put Parker on offense full time and send him in on"a few select plays" on defense at SAFETY!!! SAME LOGIC.

ba always - you really need to calm down.. We can see that you're campaigning Tyler for qb, and that's fine, but calm down. Obviously you're on the team, and obviously you're a Freshman or Sophmore, so act like one, and just support whoever is out there. I've caught Brad's passes since 6th grade, and know he can throw, and watched Tyler at rb and I KNOW he can play it as well as tyree. You just need to lay low for a while in my opinion. hope you tell who you are.

I'm glad to hear the scrimmage went fairly well.  As long as we have the depth to platoon, it sounds like a wonderful strategy that will maximize the abilities of everyone who deserves a shot at playing time.  I'm interested to see if that strategy continues once the season starts. 

Bowker is a good QB...don't forget his early efficiency in last year's McCallie game.  He has the ability to be a solid signal-caller; I'm confident he'll overcome the summer rust and become a strong complement to BA's potent rushing attack, which always seems to reload.

I talked to Holbert today at the UT football media day.  He's packed on a few more pounds and looks like he's in better shape than ever.  I'm headed to practice in a couple hours and will give you a report on how he looked...it's going to be tough for him to wrestle the starting job away from former AE RB Cory Anderson.  He'll be living down the hall from me in Gibbs, so I'll see him all the time.

The outlook seems very positive in Brentwood.  I can't wait to see how the team develops as they prepare for Centennial.  Go Eagles!

825299328[/snapback]

How you doing, Wes? Just realized when I got an email the other day that football season (at least scrimmage season) has arrived and I needed to check things out over here! Should be another fun year...

I would like to reiterate to B.A. Always, if you are a part of the team or just a BA supporter in general- it is not helping to critcize your teammates or your team. I don't always agree with everything that goes on either, but i just trust the coaches are trying their hardest to make the team the best it can be, and Flatt has been doing this for 35 years, I think he is in a much better place than you or me to make decisions about the team.

On another note, today started our 2nd week of two-a-days and everything went very well. Barry returned to practice today in a limited role, but it was still nice to see him getting back in there. So far no 1st or 2nd teamers have been seriously hurt which could be a huge boost during the regular season- when most of your main players have been practicing regularly during the preseason that will show up in their play during the regular and post season. Definitly don't want to jinx us but, so far so good.

Itzme,

I had hoped to start this year off differently. Read my post again; I do not suggest Tyler move back to QB. I simply stated that I thought the passing game would be the ONLY weakness; come on.

I would prefer to watch Tyler at Free as opposed to LB though. He is truly a joy to watch play the position. The only other person I have enjoyed watching play Free as much as I do Tyler is Barton Simmons. They both understand the game and play it to its maximum.

I hope we can watch him in either Orange and White or Black and Gold next year!

FlyBy

To all my fellow POSTERS and Brentwood Academy supporters: I thought this forum was a place to discuss the truth about how each of us sees the current season unfolding and throw out some ideas for discussion that were founded on reasonable justification. If all you want to hear is a bunch of "RAH-RAH" for BA then go to a pep rally!!! I have said many more positive statements about this team than negative ones. It seems that when someone takes a different view point to a decision that everyone who writes about high school football in Tennessee has questioned you can't handle it. I am by no means saying Coach Flatt is wrong. Brad is improving with every practice and Tyler will get the job done no matter where he plays.