BA 2004

Once the Firday night lights go on we can be as fired up as anybody. I was a little dissapointed with the lack of enthusiam yesturday, but remember it was a scrimmage, not the real deal.

I agree T-Griff must be on the field. I know we're going mostly one way this year, but a guy like Tyler only comes around once every 5 or 10 years. I love the way it looks like we're going to use him, focusing mainly on defense where he is most dominate but also playing all over the field on offense. He will see plently of snaps at QB, RB, WR- unfortunetly he can't be at all of those places at once which is why it's so important for Brad to step up to handle most of the QB duties. Also, great article about him on the first page, 9 days til Centennial! Anybody else ready?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally off subject here, but...do any of you guys remember a wrestler that went to ba by the name of jim miller?  just wondering because we lived in the same dorm at mtsu and have become the best of friends.  who'd a thought, a former riverdale football player and a brentwood academy wrestler becoming compadres.  who says private and public schools can't mingle? ;)

825300893[/snapback]

Jimmy Miller!!! I swear he's related to Dennis Miller...

What a great guy. I graduated with him. He was always the class clown, as I'm sure he was in the dorm. Darn good comedian, golfer, and SoCom player. One of a kind, to be sure.

MBAalum, I've been doing well. I just got back from a Smoky Mountain camping trip and 17 miles of hiking -- though refreshing -- just made me want to get back to Haslam Field and watch some more UT football practices!

I wish I could be in Brentwood to watch BA get ready for the season...it'll be sad having to miss all of BA's regular season games, but if we make the Clinic Bowl you know I'll be there.

Question of the day: how does Tyree compare to Theo? I can't wait to see how his rushing exploits unfold this season.

Jimmy Miller!!!  I swear he's related to Dennis Miller...

What a great guy.  I graduated with him.  He was always the class clown, as I'm sure he was in the dorm.  Darn good comedian, golfer, and SoCom player.  One of a kind, to be sure.

MBAalum, I've been doing well.  I just got back from a Smoky Mountain camping trip and 17 miles of hiking -- though refreshing -- just made me want to get back to Haslam Field and watch some more UT football practices!

I wish I could be in Brentwood to watch BA get ready for the season...it'll be sad having to miss all of BA's regular season games, but if we make the Clinic Bowl you know I'll be there.

Question of the day: how does Tyree compare to Theo?  I can't wait to see how his rushing exploits unfold this season.

825301809[/snapback]

Wes, I think Theo had a touch more quickness, but Tyree is faster than Theo. Both have good field vision, and Tyree, even though limited in action last year, held onto the ball better. Overall, I think Tyree will become the better of the two, which is saying something as Theo averaged about 10 yards a carry as a senior.

7059... I am really looking forward to the Centennial game this year. From what I hear they have some great players, and will really be a good test early on in the season. We scrimmage Beech tomorrow, so don't forget about them. Not really sure what the scouting report is on them, so if anyone has info, that would be fantastic.

WesVols, do you know what Holbert's number is this year?

7059... I am really looking forward to the Centennial game this year. From what I hear they have some great players, and will really be a good test early on in the season. We scrimmage Beech tomorrow, so don't forget about them. Not really sure what the scouting report is on them, so if anyone has info, that would be fantastic.

WesVols, do you know what Holbert's number is this year?

825301940[/snapback]

Holbert is #30. He's been impressive in practice, catching a long TD pass from Brent Schaeffer yesterday and playing solidly thus far. I'm going to practice today and will let you know how he looks. It'll be hard for him to beat out former Austin-East FB Cory Anderson, but Holbert will definitely see plenty of action this year.

I'm gonna say this once, the kicking game at BA is in no trouble at all. I really think the only thing we need to worry about is each team one week at a time, starting with Centennial on Friday, August 20. I think the whole team would appreciate it if everyone in teh school made it to most of the games. we have 8 at home this year. 3 away (one away game will be played at BA because Father Ryan was not allowed to use the Vandy stadium) and the other two away games are in Memphis.

There are also a lot of younger guys stepping up to fill gaps taht we lost from the graduation last year. Jess Rutledge should earn a starting job next year if he continues to work. Dillon Searcy will give Addison a run for LB and Bill Kottas will be a big help at WR. Ba has moved their strategies around a little, so expect more people on the field.

Edited by teh kicker 06

Hope we see the REAL  B. A. EAGLES tomorrow night  at Beech. Let's  show them who we really are and kick some  you know what. We haven't got long to get ready for Mr. Steel!!

825302279[/snapback]

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and then moving into the dorms, so I may be AWOL for the next few days...just wanted to give you Eagles my support for the upcoming scrimmages and practices leading to the 20th. I wish I could be there in person, but I am certainly behind you guys from my orange perch 180 miles to the east. I may live in Maryville/Knoxville, and my blood may run savage orange, but most of my internal organs are, in fact, red. At least my heart is. I hope to hear awesome news when I sign back on next week. Go Eagles!!

Wes, I think Theo had a touch more quickness, but Tyree is faster than Theo.  Both have good field vision, and Tyree, even though limited in action last year, held onto the ball better.  Overall, I think Tyree will become the better of the two, which is saying something as Theo averaged about 10 yards a carry as a senior.

825301842[/snapback]

It's hard to think anyone could be as quick as Theo. I'm with you though, I can't wait to see Tyree and Ryan work when they know they're "the guys".

Edited by B.A. Always

10 random observations from 16 practices and a scrimmage:

The punting game looks good, Baker is starting to hit them well in practice, by mid-season it could even be a strength instead of a weakness.

The biggest surprise has been freshmen RB Chase Darby, he can fly and could make an impact on special teams, and take a few carries every now and than.

The passing game has progressed but still appears to be one of the weaker parts of the team. Hopefully it can find its timing in a few weeks.

Tyler is being Tyler, he is all over the field on offense and defense doing everything, we may go as far as he and the rest of the seniors can take us.

The running game will be lethal this year. We will not have to rely on one back to shoulder all the load, Tyree, Ryan, Tyler, Terrell, Parker, and Chase will all carry the ball most likely, I'm very excited about this part of the team.

I am amazed that we are going to have 22 different starters, though some like Tyler and Barry will see plenty of the other side of the field, very deep team.

There is definitly no shortage of QBs, Tyler, Brad and John Garrett all could probably start at a majority of high schools in TN at QB.

The defense has been solid, but not spectacular, I think once Barry starts playing again it will reach it's full potential.

The offensive line is very big and very talented, they should give the QB plenty of time to throw and help a running game that really doesn't need a ton of help.

This team is very talented and very deep but a little inexperienced. If this team reaches it's potential I think this could be our year.

Edited by 7059527176

Tyler is being Tyler, he is all over the field on offense and defense doing everything, we may go as far as he can carry us this year.

825302309[/snapback]

I hope that we don't have to rely on any one person "carrying us" D-Lew, I think we will pull together as a very strong Senior lead team.