Williamson County 2004

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

What are the thoughts in WC about Scott Smith at Independence? Can he weave his magic at a public school with a zone? Can he find a quarterback in the mold of what he had at EHCS? How many years will it take if it happens?

Lots of questions, very few answers.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought CPA was considered a football team in williamson county. If we add them to the batch where do you think they stack up. I know they have a new coach,but they have all their weapons back. I dont know how they would compete with 5a teams or ba, but what about vs. fairview, bga, indy, or page.

I know it's not feasable at all but I would love to, for a year, just have these 9 teams be a region, to anwser all the questions about BA and Franklin and all that- I'll keep dreaming.

BA and Franklin just need to schedule a game, BA already proved its worth vs. BHS 2 years in a row, the showed up centennial last year, and we will see how that plays out this year. Why don't the 2 schedule a game next year and that would solve all questions. Also, I would love to see BGA and BA play each other as well

Franklin has a tradition of scheduling quality non-region opponents -- Blackman, Oakland, and Lincoln County graced last year's schedule. Still, I'd love to see them take away one of those games and play Brentwood Academy. I can see the reasons behind their desire to play as many good 5A teams as possible, but I believe it would be of equal -- if not greater -- benefit to take on the Eagles.

Wow... still two months away from football season and already I get to make enemies... all these BA supporters... tsk, tsk... MY county rankings:

1. Centennial

2. BA

3. Brentwood

4. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

6. CPA

7. BGA

8. Page

9. Fairview

Now... my "brief" explanation... Centennial has by FAR the greatest amount of talent returning this fall... the Cougars proved last year, provided they play defense, they were a force to be reckoned with... a solid defense mixed with their potent wishbone will be a dynamic combination...

BA, while some may think Coach Flatt just reloads over there, is scraping the bottom of the barrell... Gone are your best two backs, a couple receivers and a couple linemen, all of whom likely played both ways... your quarterback, Tyler Griffin, is marginal at best... has some skill, but who is he going to throw to? Barry Turner is the best athlete the Eagles have coming back... Tyree Ford is untested and YOUNG...

Brentwood falls into the category of avoid injuries, be successful... with enrollment continuing to drop in Bruin town, the margin for injuries becomes slim... it will be a matter of whether they can stay healthy for 10-plus games...

Franklin and Ravenwood are tied, and here's why: The Rebels lost more than 20 seniors on a varsity team that had just under 50... youth will be promient in Franktown this fall, so untested and uncertain are two words the Rebs will come to learn quickly... Ravenwood, on the other hand, will have seniors for the first time and likely contend for the fourth playoff spot... the question will be whether those seniors have the fortitude and leadership ability to point the Raptors toward victory...

CPA also has a great deal of talent, but the Lions also have a new coach... that will play a huge factor in how they fare in their region... Riverdale and Goodpasture are pride games, so the true tests will begin Week Four...

The state champs fall to No. 7 because they lost their heart and soul from the past three years... without Ryan Karl at running back, BGA is very mortal... the 'Cats will have a whole new backfield, one that hasn't seen the field much at all...

Page lost likely its best quarterback in school history and some hard workers on defense but returns some skill players... Alvin Palmer has a tough test on his hands in year one...

Fairview has Bobby Martin back, but the Jackets have a new coach as well... it will be a tough climb to host another playoff game in Fairview...

Well, I've thrown in my two cents... now you guys can tell me how stupid I am... :)

Wow... still two months away from football season and already I get to make enemies... all these BA supporters... tsk, tsk... MY county rankings:

1. Centennial

2. BA

3. Brentwood

4. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

6. CPA

7. BGA

8. Page

9. Fairview

Now... my "brief" explanation... Centennial has by FAR the greatest amount of talent returning this fall... the Cougars proved last year, provided they play defense, they were a force to be reckoned with... a solid defense mixed with their potent wishbone will be a dynamic combination...

BA, while some may think Coach Flatt just reloads over there, is scraping the bottom of the barrell... Gone are your best two backs, a couple receivers and a couple linemen, all of whom likely played both ways... your quarterback, Tyler Griffin, is marginal at best... has some skill, but who is he going to throw to? Barry Turner is the best athlete the Eagles have coming back... Tyree Ford is untested and YOUNG...

Brentwood falls into the category of avoid injuries, be successful... with enrollment continuing to drop in Bruin town, the margin for injuries becomes slim... it will be a matter of whether they can stay healthy for 10-plus games...

Franklin and Ravenwood are tied, and here's why: The Rebels lost more than 20 seniors on a varsity team that had just under 50... youth will be promient in Franktown this fall, so untested and uncertain are two words the Rebs will come to learn quickly... Ravenwood, on the other hand, will have seniors for the first time and likely contend for the fourth playoff spot... the question will be whether those seniors have the fortitude and leadership ability to point the Raptors toward victory...

CPA also has a great deal of talent, but the Lions also have a new coach... that will play a huge factor in how they fare in their region... Riverdale and Goodpasture are pride games, so the true tests will begin Week Four...

The state champs fall to No. 7 because they lost their heart and soul from the past three years... without Ryan Karl at running back, BGA is very mortal... the 'Cats will have a whole new backfield, one that hasn't seen the field much at all...

Page lost likely its best quarterback in school history and some hard workers on defense but returns some skill players... Alvin Palmer has a tough test on his hands in year one...

Fairview has Bobby Martin back, but the Jackets have a new coach as well... it will be a tough climb to host another playoff game in Fairview...

Well, I've thrown in my two cents... now you guys can tell me how stupid I am... :)

We won't treat you as an enemy; only as a misguided friend. :)

Centennial will be talented and should give BA a good game to open the season. While I think BA will be better, I respect your opinion and can't wait to see how it plays out.

Actually, not terrible rankings from sportsguy. Good logic behind where everyone is... well, though I don't know that I could say that Franklin and Ravenwood are tied. There certainly is a year of uncertainty ahead for FHS but I think Coach Johnson will have the troops ready. We'll have to see though.

I can also agree with having Centennial at first. Though, I won't surprised if for some reason they stumble.

Okay, BA is not scraping the bottom of the barrell with talent. Tyree is not young and untested, he saw action in every game last year as a freshman. Including a start against baylor on the road in which he took his first carry roughly 75 yards. Also they return Parker Cason, at LB, clinic bowl defensive MVP. Barry Turner like you said is one of the best athletes on the team, however, Griffin can arguably be said to be the best athlete on the team. Also, you say his QB skills are marginal, which is why his athleticism will be used elsewhere such as WR and RB. Also, if Griffin can lead a team to the clinic bowl with "marginal" skills, then imagine what bowker can do. He obviously must be the better QB if he's getting the start. Holbert was a big loss no doubt, but he was not BA's entire team. Centennial lost Bates who pretty much did it all for the cougars. Also on the line BA lost some people, but they bring back some people as well, Forte, Burris, Murphy, Coach Montgomery will have the line ready to play, dont worry. BA will be #1 in the county, don't worry.

Franklin definitely lost a lot from last year's powerhouse team. If they finish in the top two of the region their coach should get a huge raise. Still, good programs always seem to find a way to stay in the hunt.

Can you tell me more about Centennial? Why will they be so good? I understand they scrimmaged Blackman in the spring, how did that turn out.

What is going on with the enrollment at BHS? They look to have good numbers out and they have a great coach.

Whoa, no need to get hostile. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That's what makes America so great.

As to Sportsguys rankings, I'd actually drop Brentwood behind Franklin AND Ravenwood. I'm not near as knowledgeable on the Bruins as I am on Franklin, but having seen them in the scrimmage(and I know it's just a scrimmage), I think that they will be quite down this year. Franklin and Ravenwood should be fairly close though. I think that the #2 or #3 spot in the region will come down to these two teams.