Possible Classification changes!

Francis

BHSfootball

I try not to come across as arrogant. I guess I just get tired of people trying to downplay Maryville's acomplishments. I get tired of people who root for 5A schools saying that Maryville isn't that good. They are scared of the big boys. BLA BLA BLA.

That's fine and I understand that. If Maryville does indeed make the jump, I hope I am still around to play them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The road to M-boro will be much easier for Maryville in 5A than it has been in the last few years while playing in 4A. With Maryville playing good teams such as Mo-West and Central every year, this road has been very hard. Not to mention the fact that every team that they ever play is gunning to "take down the giant". As FBEmeritus stated earlier, Maryville plays OR and DB every year in a scrimmage and usually beats them fairly easily. Just my thoughts. :)

I guess it just doesn`t sink in to some poeple.THERE IS A REASON 4A AND 5A ARE SEPARATE! I have no doubt that Maryville could compete in 5A,but to think that it would be easier to win in 5A is asinine.The road to get out of the East alone would be as hard as it is for them to get to the state championship now.And don`t even try to say that scrimmages are an indicator of how Maryville would do in 5A,ITS NOT!

Mctiger and Fat cat;

Page has already contacted TSSAA about the situation with their numbers and the new school opening in the fall. The way they were told was the numbers are based upon THIS coming fall's numbers not last year's numbers. Page is expected to fall to 850 or so this coming school year. So, if that is all true then Page should stay in 3A.

you cant really look at the tssaa enrollment figures because they are not all correct for instance wayne county listed on the web site has an enrollment figure of 280 its not corect the acatual enrolment is closer to 375 than 280 not a huge diff. but it is when your talking one student can move you up a classification

Mctiger and Fat cat;

Page has already contacted TSSAA about the situation with their numbers and the new school opening in the fall. The way they were told was the numbers are based upon THIS coming fall's numbers not last year's numbers. Page is expected to fall to 850 or so this coming school year. So, if that is all true then Page should stay in 3A.

Thanks for the info, sacdawgs. I knew I was wasting my time trying to predict anything. Guess I should just wait until they come out with the final numbers in September! :ph34r:

McTigerfan,

That is not what is going to shake up Region 5-3A. What is going to shake up our region is the fact that so many teams around the North Middle TN area will now be in 3A (some moving up and some moving down) and the same thing happening in your area. Looks like this will be the last year for the Tigers and Bobcats unless we meet in the playoffs.

The following teams should be 3A in the North Middle TN area:

White House

Greenbrier

Station Camp

Pearl Cohn

Goodpasture

Sycamore

David Lipscomb

Creek Wood

Cheatham Co.

Montgomery Central

Macon Co.

That is 11 teams, so I am sure out of that group, you won't see Sycamore, Greenbrier, Creek Wood, or Montgomery Central anymore. And Page will be 4A, although I am sure y'all will still schedule each other given the rivalry.

Obviously, this is still all up in the air depending on who decides to voluntarily move up in class. Regradless, I suspect we will not be in the same region starting next year.

Also, looking at the 3A teams in your area, there doesn't seem to be too many. So, you may still get some of those North Middle TN area teams in your region.....like David Lipscomb and Goodpasture. The other teams in your area I saw were:

Marshall Co.

Giles Co.

Spring Hill

Grundy Co. (a stretch)

Who knows, I just may have to plot all 60 potential 3A schools and see how it lays out into potential regions. This may be a tough one!

I doubt seriously if they would split on a north-south basis. They haven't done that since the change to the Region format if my info is correct.

MY PREDICTIONS WOULD BE:

4-3A:

Livingston

York

White House

Station Camp

Goodpasture

David Lipscomb

Macon County

Dekalb County

Greenbrier

(They could send Livingston and York east which could move Sycamore into

4-3A)

5-3A:

Giles

Page (if they get thier actual numbers approved)

Marshall

Springhill

Sycamore

Mont. Central

Cheatham

Creekwood

Pearl Cohn (if they don't play up)

(Sycamore could go 4-3A if Livingston and York are sent farther East)

(Grundy has never and I would assume never be moved to middle tn)

In the past the TSSAA has tried not to "bust up" existing regions (or districts) if possible. I would think that this would be a whole lot closer to the outcome than your proposed "north-south" region.

FatCat,

You are right. The numbers are based off of the fall enrollment of 2003. Page lost about 300 or so students to IHS and their numbers will reflect that. But couls someone explain how it is fair to any team to base the numbers for the 2005 season off of 2003 numbers. Just doesn't make since. As for MCTIGER you sound disappointed that you all are stuck with Page. Your head coach called Pages coach talking about what Page needs to do in order to stay in the region. Apparently they like the rivalry and sportsmanship. I just wished the fans would take a lesson from Palmer and Mac

FatCat,

You are right. The numbers are based off of the fall enrollment of 2003. Page lost about 300 or so students to IHS and their numbers will reflect that. But couls someone explain how it is fair to any team to base the numbers for the 2005 season off of 2003 numbers. Just doesn't make since. As for MCTIGER you sound disappointed that you all are stuck with Page. Your head coach called Pages coach talking about what Page needs to do in order to stay in the region. Apparently they like the rivalry and sportsmanship. I just wished the fans would take a lesson from Palmer and Mac

Sure, I'll explain it to you. The TSSAA voted to go to regions for a 4 year period. The only change of classification during the 4 year period will be if there is a 20% or greater change in a schools enrollment. 2005 falls under the umbrella of the 2004 classification which is taken from 2003 Spring numbers since it would be impossible to take 2004 fall numbers as the several sport seasons will have already begun, including football.

If you need any more help just ask. I am really a nice person! thumb

I don't believe I ever said Maryville would not be a competitive 5A team. I just don't believe they would dominate 5A like they do 4A football, especially when they get into the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs. I just don't think they would make it to the Clinic Bowl every year if they were in 5A.