Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

GALLMAN AND STINSON DID NOT PLAY FOR JOSH LAST YEAR. STINSON HAS BEEN A BOBCAT, AS WELL AS A WARRIOR, AS WELL AS A FALCON, AND A WEST YOUTH PLAYER.

THE BOBCAT ORGANIZATION DOES NOT RECRUIT PLAYERS, 95% OF ALL PLAYERS LIVE IN THE CENTRAL ZONE, AND SHOW UP AT SIGN UPS TO PLAY.

UP UNTIL A COUPLE YEARS AGO CENTRAL AND THE BABY FALCONS PLAYED 2 BOWL GAMES EACH YEAR WITH THE BOBCATS ALWAYS WINNING 90% OF THE GAMES. LARRY COX CANCELLED THIS SERIES. I WILL ADMIT THE BOBCAT PROGRAM HAS NOT BEEN AS SUCCESSFUL LATELY WINNING METRO CHAMPIONSHIPS,DUE TO THE FACT ALOT OF THE BETTER ATHLETES ARE BEING RECRUITED AWAY.

ANYONE CAN WIN COACHING A TEAM LOADED WITH GREAT PLAYERS, BUT HOW SUCCESSFUL WOULD THE SAME COACH BE TAKING AVERAGE PLAYERS AND BUILDING A COMPETITIVE TEAM.

i actually played with the bobcats for 3 years when i was 10, 11, and 12. Mike Ferguson was our coach. He was a great coach and we always seemed to pull out the win in the toughest situations. In my 3 years there, we lost 2 games. just 2. one was to AE in the City/County championship game 16-12. the other was to Pilot almost 2 years later.... then we came back to beat Pilot twice more that season including a double overtime thriller in the championship game. so at least for us, central wasnt that bad. but i cant say anything for the shape its in now.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eveyone better look out because Halls and Central 12 year old Midgets have combined, they said they wanted a team to compete with Pilot and RCA. 

I feel that these teams should be considered open league and have thier own division.  How can anyone expect a true rec league team to compete against a hand picked or try-out team.  I know Knox County Rec. Dept. are in the process of trying to not let this get any further out of hand and I hope they come up with a solution soon. :lol:

Do you know what you're talking about? I know for sure that any child has the right to pick the team they want to play for. IT's open for them to choose the team. NO team will turn their back on you if you want to play for their team. Now I think the only team/program that hands pick their team is Pilot. This is how they get their players: They watch each team during the season and whichever player stood out in the Pilot coaches mind, they brive them with their money and free shoes to come play with the Pilot program. Now you can ask any coach in the little league program if this is true. A lot of the coaches have a problem with this but the AD in the big office doesn't see what's going on.

Now a lot of people are saying Halls will be the team to beat this year: Well I know for sure the 11 year old Halls team won't be good. They didn't win 1 game last year and every team blew them out. Like someone stated, "Halls used to be good 5 years ago" How true that statement is but it's 2004 and the Baby Roadrunners are still making noise in little league football. The only team that's knocking the Baby Roadrunners off as of now is the Money Buying Pilot program.

AEROADRUNNER, Yes I do know what I am talking about, the Halls 12 year old midget AFC team and Central have combined in. The coaches called all the player they wanted to keep from Halls and invited them to go to Central and combine to make a team to compete with pilot. The RCA team is a team out of South Knox, this team like Pilot, also had try-out's and picked only the the kids who were the stand-out and studs.

Now I agree that kids can go any where and in a City or County league and sign-up, but that is not to say that they will play. This deal at Central is said to be a 2 year commitment, in return the coaches made alot of promises. Look at it like this, if Central had 30+ kids last year and they combine with 12 kids off the Halls AFC team, they should be pretty darn good. There will also be alot of talented kids sitting the bench, not to mention the kids that are not as talented that were on the Central team last year. The county rule last year was if you had 37 kids you had to splitt and have 2 teams, now witch kids do you think will be on the NFC team if they splitt and how fair will the splitt be.

I WILL ADMIT THE BOBCAT PROGRAM HAS NOT BEEN AS SUCCESSFUL LATELY WINNING METRO CHAMPIONSHIPS,DUE TO THE FACT ALOT OF THE BETTER ATHLETES ARE BEING RECRUITED AWAY.

ANYONE CAN WIN COACHING A TEAM LOADED WITH GREAT PLAYERS, BUT HOW SUCCESSFUL WOULD THE SAME COACH BE TAKING AVERAGE PLAYERS AND BUILDING A COMPETITIVE TEAM.

do what? that is not the way to look at things if you want to be a feeder system for a winner. those lem cox coached super midgets scored 1 touchdown all season, (against Fulton, the only game they won) do you really think the boss man is gonna let you keep fielding a team like that and being content with it.?

if those kids live in centrals zone and you lose them to recruiting, you should not consider yourself part of the solution because your not. if I coach the super midget team those kids will play for me.

Edited by JohnPaul

WELL JP IN 2002 LEM COX TEAM LOST THE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TO THE BURNETTE DYNASTY AT HALLS, AND IN 2003 MR. COX WAS IN CHARGE OF THE TEAM BUT HIS WORK SCHEDULE CHANGED TEMPORARILY AND HE MISSED ALL BUT 4 GAMES WHICH BY THE WAY CENTRAL WON THE ONLY GAMES HE COACHED. LAST YEAR CENTRAL DIDNT HAVE MANY SKILL PLAYERS ABOVE AVERAGE, AND AS YOU WELL KNOW THERE ARE CERTAIN TSSAA RULES THAT PROHIBIT RECRUITING. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOUR LAST TEAM JP WAS LOADED WITH TALLENT, ZACH HELTON, ROBERT LONGWORTH, AJ NANCE ETC. AND STILL LOST THE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP TO HALLS.

THIS YEAR HOWEVER SHOULD BE MUCH DIFFERENT WITH THE ADDITION OF WESTERN AND STYLES, THE QUARTER BACK WILL BE A 14 YEAR OLD KID NAMED CORRY HOLBERT WHO IN MY OPINION HAS THE ABILITY RIGHT NOW TO BE THE NUMBER 2 GUY AT CHS BEHIND ZACH HELTON.

WELL JP IN 2002 LEM COX TEAM LOST THE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TO THE BURNETTE DYNASTY AT HALLS, AND IN 2003 MR. COX WAS IN CHARGE OF THE TEAM BUT HIS WORK SCHEDULE CHANGED TEMPORARILY AND HE MISSED ALL BUT 4 GAMES WHICH BY THE WAY CENTRAL WON THE ONLY GAMES HE COACHED. LAST YEAR CENTRAL DIDNT HAVE MANY SKILL PLAYERS ABOVE AVERAGE, AND AS YOU WELL KNOW THERE ARE CERTAIN TSSAA RULES THAT PROHIBIT RECRUITING. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOUR LAST TEAM JP WAS LOADED WITH TALLENT, ZACH HELTON, ROBERT LONGWORTH, AJ NANCE ETC. AND STILL LOST THE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP TO HALLS.

THIS YEAR HOWEVER SHOULD BE MUCH DIFFERENT WITH THE ADDITION OF WESTERN AND STYLES, THE QUARTER BACK WILL BE A 14 YEAR OLD KID NAMED CORRY HOLBERT WHO IN MY OPINION HAS THE ABILITY RIGHT NOW TO BE THE NUMBER 2 GUY AT CHS BEHIND ZACH HELTON.

again, none of those kids zoned for central should be playing super midget ball some where else. don't just sit back and take the "oh well, we lost", get out and get all these kids that are supposedly gonna play for the falcons.

someone told me that demarcus stevens grew up playing for the baby bobcats, is that true?

DEMARCAS STEPHENS DID PLAY FOR THE CATS BUT HE WAS ZONED FOR Fulton, HOOTIE FROM WEST ALSO PLAYED FOR THE BOBCATS AS WELL AS MAURICE DAVIS AT AE. THERE ARE KIDS ALL OVER THAT PLAYED FOR THE PROGRAM THAT LIVED IN OTHER AREAS, BUT THEY WERENT RECRUITED THE PROGRAM SIMPLY HAD A REPUTATION AS ONE OF THE BEST.

GALLMAN AND STINSON DID NOT PLAY FOR JOSH LAST YEAR. STINSON HAS BEEN A BOBCAT, AS WELL AS A WARRIOR, AS WELL AS A FALCON, AND A WEST YOUTH PLAYER.

THE BOBCAT ORGANIZATION DOES NOT RECRUIT PLAYERS, 95% OF ALL PLAYERS LIVE IN THE CENTRAL ZONE, AND SHOW UP AT SIGN UPS TO PLAY.

UP UNTIL A COUPLE YEARS AGO CENTRAL AND THE BABY FALCONS PLAYED 2 BOWL GAMES EACH YEAR WITH THE BOBCATS ALWAYS WINNING 90% OF THE GAMES. LARRY COX CANCELLED THIS SERIES. I WILL ADMIT THE BOBCAT PROGRAM HAS NOT BEEN AS SUCCESSFUL LATELY WINNING METRO CHAMPIONSHIPS,DUE TO THE FACT ALOT OF THE BETTER ATHLETES ARE BEING RECRUITED AWAY.

Hey PigSKin.... DO you know either one of them... Probably not as well as I do, I have know Jock ever since he was born and I have known Gallman for around 10 years... Remember Jock Stinson is my cousin and I think he did not play last year because him, Gallman, Rorax, and Blake Jenkins were all playing AAU basketball last year and did not play for Central last year... Also Josh Jones coached them at West and he came back with his dad to coach the Falcons again... Both of their teams won city titles last year...

IF YOU ARE REALLY SO CLOSE TO THE KIDS, WHY DONT YOU SEND THEM TO PLAY SUPER MIDGET BALL FOR CENTRAL WHERE THEY BELONG, IF THERE GOING TO CHS. THAT WOULD SEEM MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN JOSH BUILDING HIS EGO WITH A METRO CHAMPIONSHIP. ITS ALL ABOUT THE BEST INTEREST OF THE KIDS RIGHT?

DEMARCAS STEPHENS DID PLAY FOR THE CATS BUT HE WAS ZONED FOR Fulton, HOOTIE FROM WEST ALSO PLAYED FOR THE BOBCATS AS WELL AS MAURICE DAVIS AT AE. THERE ARE KIDS ALL OVER THAT PLAYED FOR THE PROGRAM THAT LIVED IN OTHER AREAS, BUT THEY WERENT RECRUITED THE PROGRAM SIMPLY HAD A REPUTATION AS ONE OF THE BEST.

i can vouch for that...

i remember playing against maurice davis when we used to scrimmage the older guys. i was wondering where he was at now.

IF YOU ARE REALLY SO CLOSE TO THE KIDS, WHY DONT YOU SEND THEM TO PLAY SUPER MIDGET BALL FOR CENTRAL WHERE THEY BELONG, IF THERE GOING TO CHS. THAT WOULD SEEM MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN JOSH BUILDING HIS EGO WITH A METRO CHAMPIONSHIP. ITS ALL ABOUT THE BEST INTEREST OF THE KIDS RIGHT?

My thing is I am not going to be there coach... I work with them everyday at West Haven Rec. Center... I am not their parent either... You say Josh is trying to build his ego, it is nothing like that... He Volunteers to coach, unlike Pilot, he is in it for the kids not his self... Also I cannot tell the how to live their lives outside of my Rec. center... They make their own decisions about their lives, I cannot make them for them...

My thing is I am not going to be there coach... I work with them everyday at West Haven Rec. Center... I am not their parent either... You say Josh is trying to build his ego, it is nothing like that... He Volunteers to coach, unlike Pilot, he is in it for the kids not his self... Also I cannot tell the how to live their lives outside of my Rec. center... They make their own decisions about their lives, I cannot make them for them...

Now you just set yourself up for a visit from one of these peeps on CoachT, then they'll figure out who you are.

But these players are allowed to play anywhere they want to until they get in high school then they must play with their base school. Little League/Super Midgets is open to anybody who wants to play for that team. There is no rule saying that if you live in Fulton Zone you must play Super Midget Ball with Fulton or if you live in Central Zone you must play with the Baby Bobcats. You all are fussing about some dumb things because it's the kids and the kids parents decision where they want to play.

Im tired of all this crap on free shoes and how pilot coaches arent in it for the kids and all this crap. First off pilot doesnt pay there caoches or little kids to come play little league football. And they dont give out free shoes. Why are all the kids driving an hour or 30 minutes out of the way to play football? its not for free football cleats its b/c they win. I know i wouldnt drive an hour just for free shoes, but i would to win. All these kids are coming (or parent s taking them) b/c Pilot has gained a reputation of winning. there atleast one coach on every team that has a son playing on it. There in it for there sons and the rest of the kids. Also like i said before any program can go out and get any player they want. Pilot doesnt buy em the only thing they say is if u wonna win come play with us. I promise u pilot does not give out football cleats. I know this b/c my dad started Pilot and buys there equipment. And he doesnt pay coaches.