Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

THERE MAY NOT BE A RULE BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS. THE CENTRAL SUPER MIDGETS RUN THE SAME OFFENSE AND DEFENSE AS CHS. THE PHILOSOPHY, STRATEGY AND FUNDAMENTALS ARE THE SAME AS CHS. IN OTHER WORDS WHEN THESE KIDS GET TO CENTRAL THE ADJUSTMENT IS MUCH EASIER BECAUSE THE HAVE ALREADY PLAYED WITHIN THE CHS SYSTEM, AND THAT MY FRIEND TRANSLATES INTO A BETTER PREPARED PLAYER. I BELIEVE WE AS YOUTH COACHES SHOULD HAVE ONE GOAL, AND THATS TEACHING KIDS TEAMWORK AND FUNDAMENTALS TO PREPARE THEM FOR HIGH SCHOOL BALL, AND TO BE A POSITIVE INFLUENCE IN THEIR LIFE.

KIDS FIRST RIGHT?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KIDS FIRST RIGHT?

no...winning comes first. if you sit back and think them kids are gonna just come to you , ..your wrong. you need to go find these kids and go speak to their parents and sell your program. it works, i had the tssaa on me for doing this...four years later central was playing for the state title.

KIDS FIRST RIGHT?

no...winning comes first. if you sit back and think them kids are gonna just come to you , ..your wrong. you need to go find these kids and go speak to their parents and sell your program. it works, i had the tssaa on me for doing this...four years later central was playing for the state title.

:D

KIDS FIRST RIGHT?

Come on JP, it's not about winning. It's about teaching these kids how to become winners! JP, are you sure you coached?

KIDS FIRST RIGHT?

Come on JP, it's not about winning. It's about teaching these kids how to become winners! JP, are you sure you coached?

Exactly, that is why JP is not coaching anymore, because all he wants to do is win and he didn't win year in and year out.... So JP the reason me and AE Roadrunner coach sports is to teach and get the kids ready for the next step in life...

[

Come on JP, it's not about winning. It's about kids how to become winners! JP, are you sure you coached?

Exactly, that is why JP is not coaching anymore, because all he wants to do is win and he didn't win year in and year out.... So JP the reason me and AE Roadrunner coach sports is to teach and get the kids ready for the next step in life...

SHANEC AND AE ALL I CAN SAY IS AMEN, AND BY THE WAY SHANEC I ADMIRE ANYONE WHO WORKS FULL TIME WITH KIDS LIKE YOUR SELF.

Come on JP, it's not about winning. It's about kids how to become winners! JP, are you sure you coached?

SHANEC AND AE ALL I CAN SAY IS AMEN, AND BY THE WAY SHANEC I ADMIRE ANYONE WHO WORKS FULL TIME WITH KIDS LIKE YOUR SELF.

Thank you Pigskin, I enjoy hearing that... I just try to help kids reach for their goals and stay on the path and not let them go astray... Everyone needs help and that is what I do with my life, is help...

Now back to Knoxville Youth Sports, I signed up over a 120 kids this morning for the Knox Falcons and may I say, we are looking for a big year, just like last year... I feel we will at least win 3 or 4 titles again... All of our teams will be playing in the most competitive league this year... So watch out fot the Knox Falcons and just wait until basketball starts, because I have some studs coming to play for us...

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE IS TALK OF THERE BEING A THIRD DIVISION ADDED THIS YEAR. AT THIS POINT IT IS ALL GUESSWORK-THE LEAGUE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE RULES IN PLACE YET. THERE IS ALSO AN IDEA BEING PASSED AROUND THAT ANY TEAM CAN ENTER THE PLAYOFFS BY PAYING AN ENTRANCE FEE-WHICH WOULD BE RIDICULOUS.

AS FOR PILOT-HERE ARE THE FACTS.

1.THEY ARE QUICKLY BECOMING THE STRONGEST PROGRAM IN THE LEAGUE-BAR NONE TOP TO BOTTOM. THEY CHERRY PICK PLAYERS FROM OTHER TEAMS AND DEFEAT YOU BY WEAKENING YOU. LOSING A PLAYER OR 2 MAY NOT HURT SOME PROGRAMS BUT IT DOES MOST. NOT EVERY TEAM IS AS DEEP IN TALENT AS SAY AE OR Fulton AND WHEN YOU TAKE AND THIN GOOD TEAM'S BEST PLAYER-IT MAKES THEM A NON-FACTOR. THEN-THIS PLAYER WHO WAS A WORKHORSE FOR TEAM A BECOMES A SPECIAL TEAM PLAYER AND THIRD STRINGER FOR PILOT. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT-BEING ON A "WINNING TEAM" OR GETTING VALUABLE QUALITY PLAYING TIME WITH A GAME ON THE LINE? THEY ALSO PROMISE PLAYERS THAT IF THEY PERFORM WELL THEY WILL BE GIVEN A FREE RIDE TO WEBB-MOST OF THESE KIDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN A RIDE AND WILL GO BACK TO THEIR RESPECTIVE SCHOOLS WITH NO EXPERIENCE EXCEPT "BLOCKING" FOR THE EXTRA POINT.

2. YES THEY DO PAY SOME COACHES. HERE'S HOW: PLAYER A LIVES IN Oak Ridge AND IS A STUD, COACH FROM PILOT FINDS OUT ABOUT HIM AND RECRUITS HIM. OFFERS TO LET THE BOY'S FATHER COACH. THE BOY'S FATHER SO HAPPENS TO OWN A LAWN CARE BUSINESS. WHAT DO YOU KNOW-THE PILOT COACH OWNS SEVERAL COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS THAT NEED SOME EXTENSIVE LAWN AND LANDSCAPING WORK AND HOW LUCKY THIS ALL IS. I KNOW THIS TYPE OF THING HAPPENS.

3. THE SHOE THING ALSO HAPPENS-DON'T EMBARASS YOURSELF BY TRYING TO ARGUE THAT IT DOESN'T. PROBABLY NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT IF THEY THINK IT WILL HELP MAKE YOU PLAY FOR THEM YOU WILL BE GIVEN SHOES, HAVE YOUR FEES PAID AND EVEN DRIVEN TO AND FROM GAMES AND PRACTICE AND IF NEEDED TO, DRIVEN TO ONE OF THE COACH'S CABIN AT THE LAKE FOR A SEAL THE DEAL PARTY.

I FOR ONE DON'T REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PILOT- IT WILL RUN IT'S COURSE I THINK. THE BETTER THE COMPETITION-THE BETTER MY TEAM AND MY SON WILL GET.

I haven't heard anything about the Playoffs or the new divison.

Now you're going to get on the bad side of Blah because he said Pilot doesn't use their money to get players nor do they pay their coaches.

I talked to one of my players mom from last year today and I asked her why didn't she send her son to the Pilot program and her response was, "Why should I send my son to a program that recurits and is worried about winning instead of teaching the kids the fundamentals?" Also she included, "Why should I send my son to a program that has nothing but All stars no team should have a team full of all stars they won't be learning" So in many people eyes, Pilot is all about winning instead of teaching. Winning isn't everything teaching is. THAt's my new motto. Now don't get me wrong I would like to win a championship or two but I also would like to be able to teach the kids the right fundamentals about football.

But I have no say so in this matter this year because I will be a spectator because I'm not coaching this fall. I'm waiting on basketball.

Edited by AERoadrunners

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE IS TALK OF THERE BEING A THIRD DIVISION ADDED THIS YEAR. AT THIS POINT IT IS ALL GUESSWORK-THE LEAGUE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE RULES IN PLACE YET. THERE IS ALSO AN IDEA BEING PASSED AROUND THAT ANY TEAM CAN ENTER THE PLAYOFFS BY PAYING AN ENTRANCE FEE-WHICH WOULD BE RIDICULOUS.

AS FOR PILOT-HERE ARE THE FACTS.

1.THEY ARE QUICKLY BECOMING THE STRONGEST PROGRAM IN THE LEAGUE-BAR NONE TOP TO BOTTOM. THEY CHERRY PICK PLAYERS FROM OTHER TEAMS AND DEFEAT YOU BY WEAKENING YOU. LOSING A PLAYER OR 2 MAY NOT HURT SOME PROGRAMS BUT IT DOES MOST. NOT EVERY TEAM IS AS DEEP IN TALENT AS SAY AE OR Fulton AND WHEN YOU TAKE AND THIN GOOD TEAM'S BEST PLAYER-IT MAKES THEM A NON-FACTOR. THEN-THIS PLAYER WHO WAS A WORKHORSE FOR TEAM A BECOMES A SPECIAL TEAM PLAYER AND THIRD STRINGER FOR PILOT. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT-BEING ON A "WINNING TEAM" OR GETTING VALUABLE QUALITY PLAYING TIME WITH A GAME ON THE LINE? THEY ALSO PROMISE PLAYERS THAT IF THEY PERFORM WELL THEY WILL BE GIVEN A FREE RIDE TO WEBB-MOST OF THESE KIDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN A RIDE AND WILL GO BACK TO THEIR RESPECTIVE SCHOOLS WITH NO EXPERIENCE EXCEPT "BLOCKING" FOR THE EXTRA POINT.

2. YES THEY DO PAY SOME COACHES. HERE'S HOW: PLAYER A LIVES IN Oak Ridge AND IS A STUD, COACH FROM PILOT FINDS OUT ABOUT HIM AND RECRUITS HIM. OFFERS TO LET THE BOY'S FATHER COACH. THE BOY'S FATHER SO HAPPENS TO OWN A LAWN CARE BUSINESS. WHAT DO YOU KNOW-THE PILOT COACH OWNS SEVERAL COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS THAT NEED SOME EXTENSIVE LAWN AND LANDSCAPING WORK AND HOW LUCKY THIS ALL IS. I KNOW THIS TYPE OF THING HAPPENS.

3. THE SHOE THING ALSO HAPPENS-DON'T EMBARASS YOURSELF BY TRYING TO ARGUE THAT IT DOESN'T. PROBABLY NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT IF THEY THINK IT WILL HELP MAKE YOU PLAY FOR THEM YOU WILL BE GIVEN SHOES, HAVE YOUR FEES PAID AND EVEN DRIVEN TO AND FROM GAMES AND PRACTICE AND IF NEEDED TO, DRIVEN TO ONE OF THE COACH'S CABIN AT THE LAKE FOR A SEAL THE DEAL PARTY.

I FOR ONE DON'T REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PILOT- IT WILL RUN IT'S COURSE I THINK. THE BETTER THE COMPETITION-THE BETTER MY TEAM AND MY SON WILL GET.

Like me and AE Roadrunner have been saying has come into the open... I don't agree with what Pilot does because in the future it will just hurt a kid when they go play a college sport and ask for gifts... This is why college programs get put on probation, by giving gifts such as money and shoes... That is just wrong to teach a kid that, because later in life it will just hurt them...