Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD ABOUT SUPER MIDGETS.I HEARD MAY NOT HAVE SUPER THIS YEAR BECAUSE BECAUSE LACK OF TEAMS.THAT WAS THE TALK AT COACHES MEETING LAST WEEK.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOURE HEARING.

Well what I have heard is alot of kids are playing Midget football this year because Super Midget football has been down for the past few years.... The Knox Falcons Midget team will be great this year along with the Knox Ravens... So I don't really think Super Midget football is going to be worth a flip this year...

I TALKED WITH THE FOOTBALL COMMISSIONER TODAY AND HE SAYS THAT THE COUNTY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR STATED THAT THEY WERE CONSIDERING DROPPING THE 13 YEAR OLD MIDGET DIVISION NEXT YEAR SO THAT ALL THE 8 TH GRADE MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS WOULD HAVE TO PLAY SUPER MIDGET BALL.

I WILL SAY THIS, THE BOBCAT YOUTH PROGRAM DROPPED THE 13 YEAR OLD MIDGET DIVISION 2 YRS AGO, 13 AND 14 YEAR OLDS GO TO SUPER MIDGETS IN THE PROGRAM. THE IDEA IS THE LEAGUE HAS FASTER, STRONGER, AND BIGGER PLAYERS WHICH IS MORE SUITED FOR PREPARING KIDS FOR HIGHSCHOOL.

AN EXAMPLE IS LAST YEAR TERRENCE COBB WAS PLAYING FOR JOSH JONES 12 YEAR OLD TEAM AND HE WAS A STAND OUT PLAYER. HE TRANSFERRED TO THE SUPER MIDGET DIVISION IN MID SEASON WHERE HE WAS AN AVERAGE PLAYER.

I TALKED WITH THE FOOTBALL COMMISSIONER TODAY AND HE SAYS THAT THE COUNTY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR STATED THAT THEY WERE CONSIDERING DROPPING THE 13 YEAR OLD MIDGET DIVISION NEXT YEAR SO THAT ALL THE 8 TH GRADE MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS WOULD HAVE TO PLAY SUPER MIDGET BALL.

I WILL SAY THIS, THE BOBCAT YOUTH PROGRAM DROPPED THE 13 YEAR OLD MIDGET DIVISION 2 YRS AGO, 13 AND 14 YEAR OLDS GO TO SUPER MIDGETS IN THE PROGRAM. THE IDEA IS THE LEAGUE HAS FASTER, STRONGER, AND BIGGER PLAYERS WHICH IS MORE SUITED FOR PREPARING KIDS FOR HIGHSCHOOL.

AN EXAMPLE IS LAST YEAR TERRENCE COBB WAS PLAYING FOR JOSH JONES 12 YEAR OLD TEAM AND HE WAS A STAND OUT PLAYER. HE TRANSFERRED TO THE SUPER MIDGET DIVISION IN MID SEASON WHERE HE WAS AN AVERAGE PLAYER.

It is good to hear that... Now Fulton, AE, and Knoxville Central will finally see who is going to be the next breed of football players for the future...

Fulton[/url]#?????' date='Jul 13 2004 - 01:22 PM'] my friend Ricshon Johnson from the baby Roadrunners is one of the best running backs in Knoxville. He is a good 3rd or 4th

Well it is too bad he is going to be playing for the Baby Roadrunners... Knox Falcons are going o be dominant in every age group this year and for years to come..

Fulton[/url]#?????' date='Jul 13 2004 - 01:22 PM'] my friend Ricshon Johnson from the baby Roadrunners is one of the best running backs in Knoxville. He is a good 3rd or 4th

Well your boy Ricshon isn't the best running back in Knoxville. He could be the best QB in Knoxville but running back NO. He was one of our do it all players last year with the Baby Roadrunners. I put in a offensive play just for him because he has that gunner and I knew he could get the ball far. He played QB and MLB. That's my boy too! His arm is 3 times better then his brother's(Brandon) arm when Brandon was the starting QB for the Baby Roadrunners. I wish Ricshon the best of luck and I hope that he doesn't go play for Pilot if he don't come back to the Baby Roadrunners..

I've asked Ricshon plenty of times who he's playing with this year and he kept saying, "I don't know" and his boy said he wasn't playing for the Baby Roadrunners. But I think he's following his other 2 brothers and ShaneC you know his brothers well. Just put this one is a Tailback for Chad's team B) and the other one is a WR/DE.

Guest CubsFan

I heard there's a new team in town called the Knoxville Ravens. Does anyone know anything about them? Also, what age groups will they have and the coaches of the team?

Where is this Pilot tem located and also how much does it cost to play for them? This Pilot program seems interesting, I'll love for someone to buy my kids some shoes, cleats, or whatever they purchase for the players that come play for their team.

CUBS FAN- HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE KNOXVILLE RAVENS.

PILOT PROGRAM IS A FEEDER FOR WEBB AND SEVERAL OF THE TEAMS PRACTICE THERE(WE ALL KNOW WHAT A POWER HOUSE WEBB IS IN FOOTBALL). PROBABLY COSTS IN THE $125 RANGE TO PLAY AND THE SHOES- I GUESS WE WOULD ALL BUY THE SHOES FOR A KID THAT REALLY NEEDED THEM WOULDN'T WE?

CUBS FAN- HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE KNOXVILLE RAVENS.

PILOT PROGRAM IS A FEEDER FOR WEBB AND SEVERAL OF THE TEAMS PRACTICE THERE(WE ALL KNOW WHAT A POWER HOUSE WEBB IS IN FOOTBALL). PROBABLY COSTS IN THE $125 RANGE TO PLAY AND THE SHOES- I GUESS WE WOULD ALL BUY THE SHOES FOR A KID THAT REALLY NEEDED THEM WOULDN'T WE?

Well I know a few kids that are getting shoes and they already have money to buy their own... Like my boy Mookie. who dad makes some good bank and all Pilot wants him for is to run the rock... Pilot doesn't send their kids to Webb, half of the kids couldn't afford $16,000 a year to go to school...

The Knoxville Ravens will only have one good team this year... It will be the 13 yr. olds, they have Adam Hickey, Marcus Matthews, and Tyrell Pinely...

IF HE WERE "YOUR BOY" HE WOULD BE AT THEN HE WOULD BE AT Fulton WOULDN'T HE? AND YES PILOT IS A FEEDER PROGRAM FOR WEBB, ASK ANY OF THE COACHES. DO YOU THINK THAT WEBB IS OFFERING THEIR PRACTICE FIELD TO PILOT TEAMS AS CHARITY? HAVEN'T YOU SEEN MESKE LURKING AROUND THE FIELDS ON GAME NIGHTS? THAT'S NOT TO SAY THAT ALL THE PILOT KIDS GO THERE BUT MANY OF THEM ARE-SOME OF THEM ARE EVEN GETTING THE TUITION PAID. NOT NEARLY AS MANY AS ARE PROMISED THOUGH. AS FAR AS MOOKIE CARRYING THE ROCK, UNLESS THEY RUN A TE AROUND HE WON'T GET ANY MORE CARRIES THIS YEAR THAN LAST. THAT'S MY ISSUE WITH PILOT, THEY HAVE ENOUGH DECENT BACKS TO FIELD 4 TEAMS BUT THE SAME BACKS GET THE CARRIES EVERY YEAR AND THE NEW RECRUITS GET PROMISES. THESE KIDS ARE GETTING DUPED INTO PLAYING FOR PILOT AND ARE LOSING VALUABLE EXPERIENCE FOR THE NEXT LEVEL.