Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

PIGSKIN I'VE NEVER HID BEHIND A SCREEN NAME ON HERE AND I DIDN'T SAY HE WAS THE BEST READ THE POST.BUT THE PROOFS IN THE RESULTS WHEN WESTER AND STANTON HAVE BEEN TOGETHER THEY HAVE 3 CITY COUNTY TITLES.DON'T THINK WERE NOT GOING TO TRY TO GET HIM TO CARTER NEXT YEAR HE IS AS MUCH  IN THE CARTER ZONE AS HE IS IN THE CENTRAL ZONE AND I HAPPEN TO BE THE HOME BUSINESS.GO HORNETS

825294489[/snapback]

I think Stanton is a great player and I'm not his dad. I remember two years ago in the Metro championship against West and Josh Jones that the Warriors beat that team 8-0. A few highlights: Stanton scored the only touchdown, an 18 yard run if I remember correctly, and Wester (now Wilson) had 21 tackles from the noseguard position (over the weight limit). So I'll go on record and say Stanton is a great one. Go Bobcats and Hornets.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwalker, I told you we have a bowl game that Saturday so it'll be hard for me to sport that shirt all day.  But hey, I'll keep my end of the bet but I don't think you'll be allowed over papa house with that Columbia Blue and Scarlet Red shirt on so you might want to switch the bet.  I'll let you switch it. 

I knew I was going to get a lot of bad looks or bad comments when I walked in the stadium.  That was the point behind it.  I like seeing what a lot of people has to say about AE in the pre season. 

I was looking forward to seeing E. Bish in that Maroon and White, I had something to say to him :D .  But when you see him, tell him, " I ain't mad at him" :D .

QBSDAD:  Are you coaching this year, if so what team?

825294530[/snapback]

I knew you wore the shirt on purpose - but you have to admit, nobody got ugly with you - we just had fun giving you a hard time.

E. Bishop was going to be there the other night, but I was told he had to work. I hate he missed it, too.

As far as the shirt thing - I'm NOT changing the bet. I'm not the least bit afraid of wearing a blue & red shirt 'cause I know it's going to be the other way around! :D

GO FALCONS!

I knew you wore the shirt on purpose - but you have to admit, nobody got ugly with you - we just had fun giving you a hard time.

E. Bishop was going to be there the other night, but I was told he had to work. I hate he missed it, too.

As far as the shirt thing - I'm NOT changing the bet. I'm not the least bit afraid of wearing a blue & red shirt 'cause I know it's going to be the other way around! ;)

GO FALCONS!

825294851[/snapback]

LOL, ok we'll keep the bet. I hope pops don't get mad at cha when you sport that Roadrunner shirt all day Saturday.

By the way, I know most of the Fulton people so I knew they were getting a kick out of it like I was getting a kick out of it. Oh yeah, those Key Chains that they passed out, these kids are really sporting them hard and they're rubbing it in my face too :) . YOu gotta love these kids.

I think Stanton is a great player and I'm not his dad.  I remember two years ago in the Metro championship against West and Josh Jones that the Warriors beat that team 8-0.

825294839[/snapback]

Bobcat1, I was at this same game and this player that you all are speaking about didn't have that big of game. I mean, he probably scored the winning touchdown but it took other players to get the job done in order for him to score. THat could've been any player who scored but he was the lucky one. Also, why are you pointing Josh out? Josh Jones is an excellent youth coach and his teams are usually in the championship every year.

How's JP doing with the Super Midget team at Central? I want to see if he can really turn things around like he's claiming he can do.

Oh yeah, Why are you calling LGC complaining about what we're posting on here? I mean, if you don't like what we're saying, just stop reading and posting on here. THat's not hard at all to do.

Edited by AERoadrunners

Bobcat1, I was at this same game and this player that you all are speaking about didn't have that big of game.  I mean, he probably scored the winning touchdown but it took other players to get the job done in order for him to score.  THat could've been any player who scored but he was the lucky one.  Also, why are you pointing Josh out?  Josh Jones is an excellent youth coach and his teams are usually in the championship every year. 

How's JP doing with the Super Midget team at Central?  I want to see if he can really turn things around like he's claiming he can do.   

Oh yeah, Why are you calling LGC complaining about what we're posting on here?  I mean, if you don't like what you're saying, just stop reading and posting on here.  THat's not hard at all to do.

825295069[/snapback]

AERoadrunners, you must have me confused with someone else. I haven't called LGC complaining about anything. Get your facts straight.

RUNNER IS THIS THE SAME JOSH THAT PLAYED COBB KNOWING HE WAS  TOO OLD.AND THAT'S YOURE OPINION OF A GOOD YOUNG COACH.SOMEHOW IT  DOESN'T SURPRISE ME THAT YOU FEEL THAT WAY.YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT NOT ALL THE BEST ATHLETES ARE AT AE.

825295103[/snapback]

Well qbsdad, Terrance Cobb is only 13 right now, he started school a year early... This means he is going to be starting high school as a 13 yr old, he was not to old last year to play in the 12 yr olds, he was the youngest on the team last year... So why don't you get your facts right and stop running your mouth about Josh Jones and Terrance Cobb.... The only reason you run your mouth is because you are jealous that you do not have the coaching prestige of Josh Jones and his father Ricky.... So take your son out to Carter and stay out of the Knox Falcons and the Fulton Falcons business...

Well qbsdad, Terrance Cobb is only 13 right now, he started school a year early...  This means he is going to be starting high school as a 13 yr old, he was not to old last year to play in the 12 yr olds, he was the youngest on the team last year...  So why don't you get your facts right and stop running your mouth about Josh Jones and Terrance Cobb....  The only reason you run your mouth is because you are jealous that you do not have the coaching prestige of Josh Jones and his father Ricky....  So take your son out to Carter and stay out of the Knox Falcons and the Fulton Falcons business...

825295231[/snapback]

Regardless of age, anyone playing an 8th grader in junior midget football IS NOT looking out for the best interest of the kid. If a kid plans to play highschool football he should play supermidget football.

Im certainly not a Powell fan, but I think that program is going in the right direction by joining the middle school league. Within a couple years the highschool will reap the benefits because their players will be BETTER PREPARED.

If Knoxville had a bonifide middle school league with teacher coaches and certified volunteer assistants three fourths of the posts on this topic wouldn't even exist.

Little League is O.K. for 6th grade and under but kids should start forming an identity with a middle/high school program by the 7th grade and avoid all the daddy-coach problems!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

If Knoxville had a bonifide middle school league with teacher coaches and certified volunteer assistants three fourths of the posts on this topic wouldn't even exist.

Little League is O.K. for 6th grade and under but kids should start forming an identity with a middle/high school program by the 7th grade and avoid all the daddy-coach problems!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

825295287[/snapback]

It's like this, if all you people who are complaining about Knox County not having middle school football, how about you donate the funds to the school system so they can bring it back. That's the only reason why Knox County don't have Middle School football.

All public schools run all sports programs basically the same way. The program runs on money raised from fund raisers, consessions, donations, gate money, etc.

The school system chips in the coaching supplement pay and that is life in about all county/city systems in Tennessee. Knoxville is no better or worse off than anyone else. Matter of fact the have more money than at least 66 TN counties that are getting equalization money for being poor counties and most all of them support middle school football. I believe that a bunch of daddies and corp. sponsors don't want to turn their 15 minutes in the spotlight over to the schools with teacher coaches that won't allow parents to dictate who starts, who plays, who carries the ball & scores the most, etc. AND TMSAA rules won't allow for all the recruiting that has been talked here.

Like I said if you want to see Middle School football, just donate the money. Football is very expensive to run and you should know that. The main thing I see is insurance being a big issue and that takes a lot of money out of the Knox County School funds. Also, I don't think Daddies has anything to do with Youth league sports because a lot of daddies arent' in their childs life and they dont' support thier child like they should. It's all about the momas in youth league sports..