Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

I just found out this evening that Powell Middle was not allowed to join theTMSAA and enter competition with the Anderson, Campbell, Roane, and other :lol: county teams that belong to the TMSAA. I was told that the principal would not sign off on them joining and splitting away from Knox Rec. League. Probably due to pressure from central office.

I am alarmed by several of the things I have read on this line of postings that pertain to recruiting and incentives. The TMSAA has fair rules and it would seem to me that Knoxville high schools would benefit from bonified middle school football programs where a coach would know what he had coming in as freshmen the next year rather than having 9th graders playing super midget with 8th graders and then having kids split up to the highest bidder for high school.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now a lot of people are saying Halls will be the team to beat this year: Well I know for sure the 11 year old Halls team won't be good. They didn't win 1 game last year and every team blew them out. Like someone stated, "Halls used to be good 5 years ago" How true that statement is but it's 2004 and the Baby Roadrunners are still making noise in little league football.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you shouldn't be making statements you aren't 100% sure about. The 11 year old Halls team didn't lose every game. Okay I'll give you this.... the only thing your baby roadrunners had was a little speed and only on the outside, never up the middle and a lot of dirty mouths. I along with my child were shocked at the language that came out of some of the mouths of those CHILDREN!

You should be looking out for the RED DEVILS this year..............they are new and improved!!

Edited by beamergal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you shouldn't be making statements you aren't 100% sure about. The 11 year old Halls team didn't lose every game. Okay I'll give you this.... the only thing your baby roadrunners had was a little speed and only on the outside, never up the middle and a lot of dirty mouths. I along with my child were shocked at the language that came out of some of the mouths of those CHILDREN!

You should be looking out for the RED DEVILS this year..............they are new and improved!!

825291846[/snapback]

Ok, please tell me how many games they won in the Knox Metro League last year? Also tell me if you were on the field when you so called heard when the Baby Roadrunners were saying these things? Boy, it's kind of funny how you get up on here talking that ying yang about a team and it's players but you didn't hear what that player so called said. How are you going to say that you heard their bad mouths if you weren't standing in front of them when they said it? Come on now, Halls 10 years old didn't fare so well last year and that I know. And my last comment is, if you heard something negative come from one of the Baby Roadrunners players, did you hear what your son or one of the Halls players said to him? Come on now, I can play your game too but I'm going to be more mature then that. While we were playing Halls our players came to the sideline and said, "COach they called us(yeah, you know what they said)" But hey, we are on the sidelines and we don't know who said what or if your post is really true. Don't single out one team if you don't know what's really going on. The Baby Roadrunners always get label as a bad team because they are basically an all black team. I hate that people around town think we're a bad team because of that.

Also, I knew one of the assistant coaches from Halls and if something like that was really said, don't you think he would've told me after the game? Well he didn't therefore, I think you're posting false information

Edited by AERoadrunners

<_<

SHANEC SOUNDS LIKE THE FALCONS ARE QUITE THE PROGRAM, HOW MANY OF YOUR KIDS ARE SIGNING WITH THE VOLS NEXT YEAR OR PERHAPS THE TITANS. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR COACHES ARE ALL COLLEGE CALIBER ALSO.

825291549[/snapback]

Well PigSkins are any coaches in youth sports college caliber coaches... The answer is probably not, we have a bunch of great coaches from Knoxville, coaching at the Knoxville Falcons... Chad Winters was an all-state football player, Josh Jones has won 4 city titles, Ricky Jones has won around 15 to 20 titles in his coaching career, and Steve Diggs played college football at Maryville College... These coaches are out there volunteering their time to teach these kids and teach them how to win and further their talents... They are not coaches from Pilot (who are getting paid) and (paying their inner-city recruits) to come play for them... You ask alot of people around Knoxville, and they will tell you that the Knoxville Falcons is the best ran organization in all of Knoxville and they are on the way to being the best in Knoxville for youth sports in Football and Basketball...

So holl at cha boy...

ShaneC

thumb

Uh oh, will it happen? ShaneC, I talked to Melvin today and he said yall don't won't none of the Baby Roadrunners in a Bowl game <_< . Tell LGC to get in touch with Melvin and the Baby Falcons and the Baby Roadrunners could be hooking up in a bowl game instead of just playing in a regular season game.

Come on people, all this talk about bribing, paying coaches, and practicing year round is a bunch of nonsense.

I played with Bearden's program when i was younger. I also played with Pilot's when i was in 7th and 8th grade. There is absolutely no differance in how the two operated.

Pilot football initially started for the Webb school 7th and 8th graders to have a program that was commited to running the wing t. Pilot does not have any specific geographic area to draw players from, so they take players from all over. This is not recruiting, any program in the league can do the same.

I think its laughable that people claim that pilot pays webb tuition for kids. Where do you think they could come up with 13k a year? I cant even tell you how many quality kids have been turned from Webb. Whats more 90% of financial aid students at webb don't even play football.

Financial aid "recruiting" hurts the Webb program alot. Only 1 or 2 players starters on the whole team recieve aid. I promiss you all that Webb would benifit alot more by dropping FA and playing in 2a or 3a. Just ask Central players what it is like competing with the likes of McCaulie, let alone MBA, Brentwood, and CBHS.

I played with Bearden's program when i was younger.  I also played with Pilot's when i was in 7th and 8th grade.  There is absolutely no differance in how the two operated.

825292769[/snapback]

THat's good that you're taking up for Pilot but like you stated, you played with them when you were younger. You don't know what the program is doing now. Yeah, that's right they can go to any area of the town to get players but is it ok with you for them to come and talk to that player or players during the season? Is it ok for the coaches to come up to the parents and say, "IF he plays with us next year I get him this and that?" Is it ok for the league to allow Pilot to use money to get players? Do you really think a parent would drive down west every single day just to play football for a team who's not offering them something? Remember you used to play with Pilot you don't know what's going on now days.

Well AE Roadrunner... We have had all of our bowl games filled up for the past 2 years... We are at the maximum limit the city will allow us to play in... Tell Melvin to holla at Larry Cox, maybe we can work something out... AE also Larry is getting Shaud to help out with the program because of all the new accounts his business is getting, he is swamped, he goes in at 5:30 in the morning and leaves at 6:00 at night, he is puilling in some cheddar and Shaud will be helping out as much as possible... If you talk to Vonte, D-Man, or Boatwright tell them Chad needs them to call him... Also Terrance Olvey is going to be playing for Chad in football, the speed and size on Chad's team is gonna be something that everyone better watch out for this year...

Holla at cha boy...

ShaneC

Well AE Roadrunner...  We have had all of our bowl games filled up for the past 2 years...  We are at the maximum limit the city will allow us to play in...  Tell Melvin to holla at Larry Cox, maybe we can work something out...

825292964[/snapback]

Well ShaneC, Melvin said he's tried to contact LGC but LGC rather plays those weak teams instead of the Roadrunners. So I guess we won't be hooking up with the Baby Falcons in a bowl game this year.

Now about CHad's team, yeah he will have a lot of players but if he don't have the right help he'll be doomed again. I remember a certain coach of his switching to a 3-5 defense when we were at the 10 yard line on us last year. I'm not the best offensive coach but I seen that and I called a QB sneak and we won off of that play. Now I say, he needs to get the right help or else all of former players whose over there will report back to the Eastbay next year.

AERoadrunner, I did personally hear profanity from the players off of the field and my child had no idea I heard it. After the game he told me the things the players were saying on the field to them. I can assure you it has nothing to do with AE being a prodominately black team, Halls is a prodominately white team, so I am not sure why you even made that comment... it is not relavent, the color of someone's skin is not the issue. However, I do know this, God created us all equally and loves us all the same and that is what is taught to my child both at home and at church. Granted our team wasn't the best last year but you shouldn't count them out the following year. Do you realize how discouraging that can be to a child if they were on this site reading it? As involved as you seem to be with the development of a young person's life, I am sure you understand that. In addition, the couple of games they did win last year were major accomplishments for our team. We had maybe 5 kids on the team that had played at least 2 years or more, for the most part, this was most of the boys 1st year ever playing. I don't think any team would have faired so well in our same situation. All I am saying is don't count a team out before it has started........I wish all teams the best this coming football season!

GO RED DEVILS!!!!!

AERoadrunner, I did personally hear profanity from the players off of the field and my child had no idea I heard it. After the game he told me the things the players were saying on the field to them. I can assure you it has nothing to do with AE being a prodominately black team, Halls is a prodominately white team, so I am not sure why you even made that comment... it is not relavent, the color of someone's skin is not the issue. However, I do know this, God created us all equally and loves us all the same and that is what is taught to my child both at home and at church. Granted our team wasn't the best last year but you shouldn't count them out the following year. Do you realize how discouraging that can be to a child if they were on this site reading it? As involved as you seem to be with the development of a young person's life, I am sure you understand that. In addition, the couple of games they did win last year were major accomplishments for our team. We had maybe 5 kids on the team that had played at least 2 years or more, for the most part, this was most of the boys 1st year ever playing. I don't think any team would have faired so well in our same situation. All I am saying is don't count a team out before it has started........I wish all teams the best this coming football season!

GO RED DEVILS!!!!!

825293156[/snapback]

I was furious when I read your post but like you said, "God made us equal," therefore I just walked it off. But it's ashamed you're preaching these Christian beliefs and you get on here talking about a child's negative behavior. Instead of letting everybody in the state of Tennessee know what you so called heard, why don' t you just pray for that young man and his family. I still think you're wrong about this whole post but like I said, coaches are on the sideline and we don't know what the players are saying to one another on the field. I must add neither do the parents know what's being said unless you're on the field standing right in front of that player. But it's two sides to each story and did you ask your son what he said to this player? Don't single out one team because you don't like us! OH that just make the Halls game more intense!

:unsure: