Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

ok first off maryville and alcao is not the oldest rivalry in the state. The marion county and south pittsburg game is the oldest in the state. Its is also the best and biggest rivalry in the state. So know what you are talking about before u start putting stuff on here.

So what? What about a Hume-Fogg - Riverdale rivalry. That would be the best by far.

I have to go with:

Knox Central vs Halls

Halls vs. Powell

Webb vs. Knox Catholic

Although Central has dominated the series it's still a must see contest in the battle of Black Oak Ridge.

A community battle in the Halls/Powell series... bragging rights for a year are all that matters in this series.

The Webb/Catholic series is an all out war (in all sports). Only the strong survive this battle!

I would say Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan South, but winning 12 straight years kind of puts a damper on the rivalry.......

yeah it does put some damper but you have to admit DB-South has one of most heated rivalries in the state: egging cars, flag burning, fights, bonfires, and close to riot like conditions, What more could a rivalry ask for?

yeah...anybody that knew anything about region 4-3A football last year knew that the smith county-portland games were for blood...i played in all of them since 2002 and both teams knew that, no matter what else happens, we had to beat the other team just because we had a mutual hate for each other...wish the two teams still played because for the most part, they both brought their a games to the table

• 2 weeks later...