14 high schools in violation of rules

ELA

I don't buy the point you made about ELA looking into this for the kid's protection. I think he's doin it just because he's upset with teams being able to get an extra practice or scrimmage in. If it's for the kid's health than that makes it a little bit better, but I seriously doubt that it is. My team is one of the teams who didn't violate this rule. Still, how is it a non-TSSAA officials business.

825298907[/snapback]

ELA....were you the kid that told on other kids for breaking line in elementary school? Nobody likes a tattle tale remember? :unsure:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELA....were you the kid that told on other kids for breaking line in elementary school? Nobody likes a tattle tale remember? :unsure:

825299685[/snapback]

Nobody likes a tattle tale because they don`t want to get caught,and once again when did ELA ever say he turned a school in? Is it a big deal,no but once you let people break the little rules,the big ones are sure to follow.I`m interested in finding out how many of the 14 schools self reported.

You guys are making me sick, you are calling ELA names for just annousing something. He didn't turn in every school for breakin the rules. Personally I think those who are mad are fans of the schools that got caught. They broke a rule and need to pay, no matter how major or how minor it is. Most of the schools prob turned themself in when they found out they had broken this rule. ELA was just reporting what had happened to the public, so stop getting mad at him and tell him thank you for letting you know what is happening around the TSSAA.

While everyone is knocking TSSAA, you should know they fall under the National Federation of High School Association and its rules, their rules govern all high school sports, and TSSAA is under their guidelines.

NFHS playing rules, available in 16 sports for boys and girls, govern virtually all high school competition in the United States.

The rules-writing program, which stresses "grass-roots" input, was initiated in order for high school coaches, athletic administrators and interscholastic officials to have direct influence in developing rules.

NFHS rules are specifically written for the high school level of participation and are intended to promote and preserve the sound traditions of the sports and the safety of participants.

http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/Index.cfm

Edited by recruitguru

ELA....were you the kid that told on other kids for breaking line in elementary school? Nobody likes a tattle tale remember? :huh:

825299685[/snapback]

My whole point is educating coaches, players, and fans about the RULES! I started posting and explaining the rules several years ago and I have continued to do so... and will continue to do so in the future!

Please note... I don't work for the TSSAA and I don't write the rules. HOWEVER, I do think every coach should read them and note any changes that are made in the Spring of each year. I have not met a single head coach in the past few days who didn't know about this rule, and to a man they all said something like, "This was a dumb rule to break."

Stan,

Last year, if memmory serves me correctly, Baylor's three way wasn't on a Wednesday night. It was on a Thursday??? :unsure:

Edited by ELA

ELA, relax and realize that these people who are getting defensive and childish about the scrimmage subject are all either high school children or general public adults that aren't in coaching. Coaches have a code of ethics to uphold and the vast majority regularly do. Those that don't usually get weeded out of the profession. And that professionalism, or lack there-of is easy to detect in the way a post is written. thumb

All I know is that Sevier County, Powell, Gallatin, and Mcallie self-reported the day they realized anything was done wrong. In the "rules", there is not a consequence listed for the infraction. So, Mr. Carter can be as harsh as he likes. I know of some other schools who had different punishments for the same infraction. Every profession in the free world has someone to answer to. I want to know who the head of TSSAA has to answer to? With the teams mentioned here, you have Coach Potter and Coach Brewer who I know personally, they aren't exactly known as rule breakers. With the amount of teams who are in violation, it is obvious that communication is terrible. Football is the only sport in which the AD's meeting begins after pre-season practice starts. Spring sports meet for their rules meeting in January. I would also say that there is more than 14 schools in violation. How hard would it be to send out a reminder list prior to the beginning of practice-just a thought.

ELA, relax and realize that these people who are getting defensive and childish about the scrimmage subject are all either high school children or general public adults that aren't in coaching.  Coaches have a code of ethics to uphold and the vast majority regularly do.  Those that don't usually get weeded out of the profession.  And that professionalism, or lack there-of is easy to detect in the way a post is written. thumb

825299815[/snapback]

Thats right... true coaches of professionalism could care less what all gets written on here and wouldnt waste time posting silly messages back and forth. I think thats some sort of ethical code they go by. thumb

This thread is going no where...I'm out.

Heck...I'm not a hs football coach...but as soon as I saw posts on here about scrimmages before the 5th...I knew they were in violation of the rules. How could these coaches be so uninformed? The rules are posted on the tssaa site. This is not a new rule.