Aug 20 Gallatin at Collierville

timbdp

I hope Gallatin shows well stopping Hall is the key.  He is just like Jamison for Collierville.  I was very impressed by his play last year a strong leader.  His play will decide the outcome of this game either way.  If Gallatin can stop him I think we win, if not then it will be a long ride home.  See you guys there.  :ph34r:

825305310[/snapback]

I echo those remarks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

the big ones contest is just a fan pol. i get 50 of that 80 percent has no clue what gallatin returns. now if you wanna true indicator of how gallatin will do, check out the region 4 pickem and goin your gallatin brotha gwave as a fellow panelist and pick games every week from region and across midddle tn :ph34r::blink:

Word from the Green Wave vine is that the practices are pretty intense. The defense has been more dominant with even the 2nds and 3rds playing. Not to say that the 1st team O is not making plays. Backs are running hard and surprising enough they are working quite hard on the pass routes. There seems to be more team unity on this years squad. More teaching and talking between players about what they did wrong or how they could do it better. Also there is some hype on the sidelines this year. You might have noticed some of it during the Wilson Central scrimmage. Lots of yelling and encouragement. From what I hear, we need to get more crisp on the blocking schemes and work on the substitution errors. I believe they have been gearing up for the Collierville offense for the past 2 weeks.

Also I understand that there are quite a few people going to venture down to Collierville. I hope we come in force for this longest ever opening game.

Gtowner, I believe the Gallatin tradition is driving that poll. Maybe after a few games this teams success will spearhead it.

Sounds pretty good Gwave. I hope that we do show up with a good crowd in Collierville. I also hope the storm stays away and we don't have a repeat of last year.

I really am getting excited about the season opener. It sounds like we have much to prove come Friday, and this game will surely set the tone for the season.

I was concerned with so few seniors about the leadership, but from your report sounds like someone is stepping up and taking the initiative.

Sounds pretty good Gwave. I hope that we do show up with a good crowd in Collierville. I also hope the storm stays away and we don't have a repeat of last year.

I really am getting excited about the season opener. It sounds like we have much to prove come Friday, and this game will surely set the tone for the season.

I was concerned with so few seniors about the leadership, but from your report sounds like someone is stepping up and taking the initiative.

825306144[/snapback]

Hard to tell who are the leaders. I would assume R.C. Smith would be and MacFarland. But Coward and Kyron Malone seem to be stepping it up on defense.

You are absolutely correct about having something to prove this year. I just hope that we can improve every game. With so much youth I really think we are 3 or 4 games away from being the kind of team we are capable of.

I have to give the edge to Gallatin in this game. I'm not sure of who all the green wave are returning, but Collierville lost several key players to graduation. They lose Taylor Brashear( fullback/linebacker), Todd Madison (tight-end, def.end), Brian Nevill (running-back/cornerback), Dustin Brasher (linbacker/ off. guard) and John Scruggs (split-end/cornerback). C'ville didn't look too hot in the jamboree last friday either.