Aug 20 Gallatin at Collierville

timbdp

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings clones,

I have been away from the site for a while, but it's that time again and I'm making my yearly pilgrimage back to CoachT.

Now let's talk football-

This game is anybody's guess. Word is that Gtown has been focused on Collierville and the possible schemes they will use for a couple of weeks, so the Wave shouldn't lack anything on the prep-side. But preperation and experience are two different things. I think Gallatin is at a disadvantage in this particular instance. The travel time does take a toll on a team, and when the opponent is formidable it makes it hard to put together a good game, especially on the road.

But regardless of the outcome of this game, Gallatin has a lot to look forward to. Ronez Harris has a chance to really put his mark on GHS football. This will be his second year starting and he is only a junior. He's already got 1000+ yards under his belt and two more years to go. He could end up with a massive total when it is all said and done.

Ryan McFarland is finally is out of Link's shadow. Now we'll see just how good he is, and I don't think he'll disappoint.

Overall I expect good things from GHS, but I don't expect smooth sailing in the begining.

Now that we've got some real sport going on we can turn our attention away from the shameful pool of exploitation that is the Olympics.

I'm out-

Gallatin wins 14-7 tonight at Collierville. There were alot of answered questions tonight as far as how this fairly young team can contend in pressured situations. The young players played as if they were veterans tonight. Collierville scored first on a time consuming drive making it 7-0 in the first quarter. Gallatin quickly answered with a 41 yard QB keeper for a TD by McFarland knotting it up at 7 apiece. No one scored during the second or third quarter, but mid ways through the 4th, Kyle Shipley lead a 60+ yard drive capped by a QB keeper for TD by Shipley. That was all the offense that it took to win this game. Both defenses played excellent tonight! There were alot of missed oportunities for the Dragons that could have possibly changed the outcome. The highlights of the Gallatin defense tonight were 2 passes broken up in the endzone, and an interception by Marvis Malone late in the 4th quarter. Great game tonight Gallatin!!!

GO BIG G!!!!

GALLATIN 1-0

I listened to this one on the radio, and it did indeed sound like these young kids were very ready to play. Gallatin has a lot of sophomores playing out of the gate and they stepped up tonight.

But my biggest thought is this-

How fitting is it that Shipley scored the go-ahead TD after unfortunately being placed in the center of all the madness that ended the GHS 2003 campaign? He must be on top of the world right now. Great job guys! It's time to move forward and it looks like that is what you are doing.

I woke up this morning and still say a resounding WOW!!! For all of you fellas that did not get to actually see Gallatin play Collierville, you missed one heck of a performance. Collierville ran onto the field and I thought we were in serious trouble. Those guys were huge. I never would have thought Gallatin would have played them like they did.

Side notes before the summary. Props have to go to Collierville for the largest tailgating party that I have ever seen before a highschool football game. It reminded me of a college atmosphere. Collierville brought a huge crowd. I think they said the attendance was around 6000 or 7000. The home side was packed with people some 3 deep around the fence. The student-body while at times overzealous, I thought made a great entrance in about 15 trucks waving flags, bodies painted, horns honking...that was what it is all about. Most of the Dragon faithful were very nice.

Just a few names that played exceptional tonight. (I know I will leave some out) MacFarland played tuff all night. He broke 2 long runs. His touchdown was a broken play with the bobbled ball but he made a great cut and 40 yards later he was dancing in the endzone. Paper said he had 100 yards at limited QB. Shipley looked very focused in the second half at Qb. He ran like he would not be denied. He made a great pitch to Gleaves going down the sideline after the line of scrimmage. He was very poised. Harris while nursing an injury looked good until he tweaked the leg. He had a couple of good solid runs. Jay Brown carried the ball well. He is one tough little runner. J.R Harper came in for a few carries....ummmm ...sophmore...moves....quickness....I like a lot!! He also had some bone jarring hits from the safety spot....sophmore...fast...hard hitter...I like a lot!! Marvis Malone great interception to twart the final drive. He played better than ever. Kyron Malone, man he has gotten faster. He was everywhere tonight. He introduced himself several times to thier running backs. Coward made his presence known as well. He killed Brian Hall at one point. Probably in my opinion the player of the night, Rusty Fisher. Is this guy really a sophmore? He made several key plays. Collierville setup a screen. Gallatin bit but Fisher. He recognized the play and ran back to cover the man and knocked the pass away. He had a sack of elusive Hall. He had multiple tackles. This boy can play, Zack Walkers replacement no more, this guy needs a starting asignment. LaKaylan Glover, the manchild, played very good from the fullback slot. Good blocker. Aubrey Ingham punted very good. He angled his kicks perfectly for no return. He looked a lot quicker than in the scrimmage.

That is just some of the impact players. Overall I thought the defense looked really quick and tough. They threw some good licks. Hard licks. I haven't heard that kind of pop in awhile. The offense wore Collierville down. Those Dragons were gasping for air the entire 4th quarter. We looked very dominanting in the second half. The offensive line blocked really well for our multiple backs. We did not have the ball very much in the first half but we really stepped it up in the second half. Great game and a really solid win for such a young Gallatin squad.

All I can say is WOW!!

Great summary Gwave! I wish that I could have been there. Just hearing you talk about it sends chills all over me. Sounds like a great place to upset the home team!!! This is the kind of win we needed to kick off a season of doubt. If we keep our composer, we could go far! Nice to hear from you again Just1np. Long time no... talk? Anyways, it is good to have you back with us!

GO BIG G!