Jefferson County @ Rhea County

andykellysfan

Guest region4fan

We had Ebalarosa as our QB last year . He was a 3 yr starter at the spot. Truthfully, I thought that our starting QB (now), Daryl Smith, should have taken over the helm last year. He finished the Smyrna game last year when Ebal got hurt, and brought us from behind to tie and then lose by one in OT. He started against Lincoln County and we about stole that one from them. Daryl could pass and run. He was a soph, and I am sure that was part of the hesitation. In Ebal's prime...there were few better, but girls were his focus his senior year, not football. That was not my choice to make, it was Marty's............and I supported his decision to stick with Ebal.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the renewal of an old rivalry. With Coach Hammontree back at the Eagle's nest and a powerful Jeff Co. running game, this will have a throwback appeal. Passing game from Jeff.Co., heck that is a trick play. I have always had a great respect for the Rhea Co. program, but my career ended in a playoff game versus them so I do not like them at all. Go Pats, bring home the victory.

Jeff. Co. 21

Rhea Co. 10

What is every one's thoughts on the Rhea County vs. Jefferson County game.  I think that RCHS MAY win this game by less than a TD.

Go Eagles and beat Jeff. County.

825304423[/snapback]

i think this game will be a close one. if jeff county has any passing offense than it might be a good game. rhea county does pretty good on d againt the run game, but i dont think the 3-5 defense is a good pass d. i think rhea will look good on offense . caleb wilson is a good passer in the pocket and hes developing into a great qb. i expect him to have a big night. good luck rhea county

Well with the loss of our entire backfield, our best wide reciever and the only reasons the defense didnt get completely run over, gone to college and/or William Blunt I dont know if my boys can pull this one off.

I hope they can, there are still a couple of kids that I like and respect on this years squad. I dont know anything about Rhea Co either, although they did give us a little fight last year.

I still gotta go with the ol boys from the JCT

I got a bad feeling for JC in this one. All the playmakers from last year are gone, and I got a feeling these younger guys might not be able to handle the pressure thats going to be placed on their shoulders. Jeff Co. opening away with lack of playing experience at the key positions.......bad news for my Pats.

Rhea County by 10

I hope the JC can prove me wrong though

Have the Patriots settled on a starting QB as of yet? Is it Pewitt or Bowlin?

825314867[/snapback]

Last I heard,the QB spot is still up in the air.Pewitt should start the first series,after that who knows.I hate that we have to settle the QB position in the regular season,I just don`t think either guy has shown himself to be "the guy?

Drew will be the starter, and Ben will play according to how things are going. I agree that neither player has had a chance to show all that they can do, but it is not there fault. With them swaping out erery other play it's hard to get any consistence going. The QB needs to believe in himself and believe the team is behind him, thats hard to do every other play.

(looking over your shoulder to see if your coming out of the game)

Edited by BARNYARD PAT