West Tn. 2A Football

MrGoodwrench

UC has actually looked worse this year than last.......

825312149[/snapback]

You are right......They gave up 9 td's to Brighton and five td's to Camden ...Then gave up seven td's to JCM...All the while scoring 2 td's and 2 fg's combined in the 2 scrimmages and the season opener......

I don't see playoffs again till the move down to Single A ...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC has actually looked worse this year than last.......

825312149[/snapback]

honestly i believe that this year's team is better than last years team, because they have more heart and fight about them. taking in to consideration that the majority of players/starters are juniors and they have reclassified to single A next yr they stuck with JCM the first half. the reason i believe that they have more heart and fight is because, even though literally being stomped, they still had players goin as hard as they can, blocking fg's and trying to drive the ball downfield.

honestly i believe that this year's team is better than last years team, because they have more heart and fight about them.  taking in to consideration that the majority of players/starters are juniors and they have reclassified to single A next yr they stuck with JCM the first half. the reason i believe that they have more heart and fight is because, even though literally being stomped, they still had players goin as hard as they can, blocking fg's and trying to drive the ball downfield.

825314208[/snapback]

I hope so....But then again the driving down field part was against second and third teamers....It's strange to hear UC people saying they hung with somebody for a half.....Down 21-7 by the way.....

I am curious, are you sure that is correct?  There are 5 divisions in football and only 3 in basketball.  I know Huntingdon has been 2A in football but 1A in basketball.

825311206[/snapback]

You're right stang. If a school chooses to play up in football, they can still play in their classification in all other sports. i.e. Trousdale County.

Fast Fact bud, last year dresden had a good year when all the teams that usually beat them had bad years, even still they couldn't beat UC which were winless UNTIL they played Dresden. Nuff said.

825310418[/snapback]

Before you start degrading teams, get your facts right. UC was not winless when they beat Dresden last year. They had beaten Westview a couple weeks before. It doesn't make much of a difference but i thought you might need to know.

yea iceman (a.k.a. jonny covington thumb ) they teach how to read pretty good here at dresden obviously better than where-ever you went to school (which would be dresden c/o '01 thumb ). take a slight bit of notice i belive i put we gave up AFTER the milan game but heck what do i know i go to school at dresden obviously which ever teachers you had failed to teach you anything. also everyones heard enough on you dissin dresden and coach rogers. it not everyone elses fault your senor season you guys sucked and you weren't anygood. and on the dresden team not being fast having 10 starters running a sun 4.9 is pretty fast in my book. dresden fans are tired of your ######## on here for what ever reason you do it. (could be because you guys NEVER made it to a playoff game thumb ) later iceman (jonny covington) thumb

Edited by D 7-2A Fan

Huntingdon will dominate camden when week 6 comes around. huntingdon has too much speed, too much strength. i just dont see camden beating huntingdon. my surprise team i think would probably be camden. they beat a tough regional oppenent friday. by the way, what does riverside look like this year anyone? Edited by westTN2004

Huntingdon will dominate camden when week 6 comes around. huntingdon has too much speed, too much strength. i just dont see camden beating huntingdon. my surprise team i think would probably be camden. they beat a tough regional oppenent friday. by the way, what does riverside look like this year anyone?

825327933[/snapback]

I don't think Riverside has been living up to its expectations. They are 0-2, but many of these causes are mistakes. Don't get me wrong, Lexington and Chester Co. are good teams, but I think if Riverside plays mistake free football they might do well this year.

I don't think Riverside has been living up to its expectations. They are 0-2, but many of these causes are mistakes. Don't get me wrong, Lexington and Chester Co. are good teams, but I think if Riverside plays mistake free football they might do well this year.

825327984[/snapback]

I agree with that assessment. I'm a Chester County person, and I thought Riverside had more talent on the field last night. But Chester County appeared to want the game more, and I thought Jeff Cupples outcoached Joel Goff.

If Riverside gets it together, they can still have a good season. But as far as playoffs are concerned, the CC game was almost a must-win for them. Now they'll have to knock off one of Camden, McKenzie, or Huntingdon to make it in addition to beating Adamsville.

Sean McCormick is a heck of a player for the Panthers. Smith and Puckett have the most hype, but McCormick impressed me the most.