White House at Portland

timbdp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote: dandy82: My prediction. Portland will have trouble with the WH ground game, stack the line of scrimmage and then get burned on a big pass play.

Blue Devils 24 Panthers 10

Portland is so loaded that I'm not sure how my Blue Devils are going to keep up. They are at home too.

I'm just glad this isn't a region game, because I'm just not sure what we are going to do against such a well rounded team as Portland. If we were at home, there would be a chance, but we are at Portland and they rarely lose at home.

We need to look for a moral vicyory in this one. Keep it respectable.

825311044[/snapback]

Okay dandy, which is it? :D You seem to have forgotten your earlier post. I'm looking forward to another great game, but hopefully this time we will have more points on the board! I'm just glad they're playing Friday night this year. I work nights and haven't been able to see the Thursday night games they have been playing. Good luck Blue Devils! (I hope you'll need it. :D )

B)

Edited by PPride

quote: dandy82: My prediction. Portland will have trouble with the WH ground game, stack the line of scrimmage and then get burned on a big pass play.

Blue Devils 24 Panthers 10

Okay dandy, which is it?  :D  You seem to have forgotten your earlier post. I'm looking forward to another great game, but hopefully this time we will have more points on the board! I'm just glad they're playing Friday night this year. I work nights and haven't been able to see the Thursday night games they have been playing. Good luck Blue Devils! (I hope you'll need it.  :D )

B)

825311638[/snapback]

I think most people think the game is on Thursday. It was listed as such in the Tennessean and a couple of other places.

PPride, My 2nd post was tongue in cheek.

OK OK OK........ Imho, we are better at receiver, at the DB positions (region player of the year is back) and probably have the overall speed advantage this year. We are experienced on the offensive and defensive lines. Our QB is a senior and played a lot of football over the last two years. We are strong at running back. Our punt and kickoff return people have the ability to make plays.

Last years team couldn't make a defensive read if their life depended on it and WH still managed to win. Portland relys on deception to confuse a defense. I just don't think this years version of WH will have the trouble last years team did reading the opposing offense.

We have a few weaknesses, but I'll let those slide for now. The first quarter will be big, as it has the last few years.

Edited by dandy82

This should be a head-knockin' game. It always is, but I think the Blue Devils will pull it off. But then again, they really, really, really, really want to beat us. :D

Don't think they can, but I can think of a few teams that'd like to be there to see them do it. ;)

Edited by WHHS1975